Saradomin's Encampment Guide

Artemis1330

umm this is like an absolutely amazing guide i got 70 agil after reading the intro lol i figured id pull a dumb move and try soloing for my first trip and it was goin horrible till i realised i hadnt drank a range pot yet then it took off but bout halfway through the first kill i took like a 20 or somthin had like 50 hp and less than 10 energy and on top of that my pray was low so bad plannin on my part but then i committed what i hope is a one time nooby mistake and tried to eat pot and use a bird scroll without moving...zilyana obviously caught up with me and murdered me but i was able to tele with 1 hp remaining :wall: it was pretty good experience though i can see how to fix a triangle or box now using ur guide now i just need to do a 3+ man team so i can have first hand experience :D

btw if i havent mentioned it yet...this guide rocks :thumbsup:

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure about that, toast. I just got back from Zil and although it was hard to get a good box with all the lag, I do remember her spinning once or twice. He could be right though, it was hard to tell. Guess we'll just have to wait a few days for people to download everything so we can get a decent trip.

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

Oh good I was freaking out lol :oops:

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Do you think I would be able to solo Sara? I have 85 range, 81 Defence, 87 Hp, close to 88, and 70 prayer. I'm getting 70 agility atm, and I can and will use a terrorbird. If you could pm me I would be very grateful, because there is always the chance I will forget about this post and will never check if you responded again lol.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Do you think I would be able to solo Sara? I have 85 range, 81 Defence, 87 Hp, close to 88, and 70 prayer. I'm getting 70 agility atm, and I can and will use a terrorbird. If you could pm me I would be very grateful, because there is always the chance I will forget about this post and will never check if you responded again lol.

At least one kill would be very possible.

Thanks for the guide and advice.

First Kill:

SaradominSword1.png

War a solo kill, I am going to invest this money into 68 Summoning.

:)

gratz =D

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Where are the melee invos?

Sorry, been busy with rreal life, then been arma a lot recently. Considering doing a guide as indepth as this one for arma.

Regarding the unfinished parts to this guide, I have started working on them again and hope to finish the guide in a weeks time.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

You'll need to update your guide to reflect the new super restores. They now restore summoning points (meaning most of your inventories now have an extra slot).

I've used your guide in the past for duo, and three+, and also used your old solo method (back when the walls were used as safespots). Before that, I Zilled with the hit-and-run melee technique with friends.

But today I soloed again, and I have to thank your guide for the help. No drops yet, but that's to be expected. Thanks again, -Fins

Edit: Soloed again today and got four kills this time. I'm definitely improving. Right after that, I was duoing with a friend when a guy outside asked if he could join us. We let him in and within a few kills, we snagged back-to-back Saradomin swords.

On a strategic note, I think you only mention using the walls to get Bree/Starlight off of you after Zil is dead. However, I find that if I'm near the north/south wall and have the minions on me, that quickly getting near on wall and then re-engaging Zil can be an effective technique. Of course, this is primarily useful for 2 man teams or more.

untitled3542343.png

I think you ought to reevaluate your solo setup. To begin with, I think you're putting alot at risk with that Zamorak top, which today has a GE median price of 905k. I find it a better option to bring along a Zamorak book and wear black dhide. This uses an extra slot, but it gives the same stats as a Zamorak d'hide and lowers the amount you risk by 850k~.

Furthermore, I think the V helm is just a stronger choice in general over the T helm. Using protect item, you're going to keep your helm, so why not make it a good one?

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

Thanks for all the info Death dude. I actually have not been to sara gwd for at least a month, maybe close to 2 months lol. Have not been playing much runescape either.

We've also adjusted Commander Zilyana's behaviour in the God Wars Dungeon, so she's less inclined to wander aimlessly in the middle of the room while people shoot her from the edges.

This makes me want to go again. From reading this, melee will probably be the better option now lol. Pretty much back to the way it was in the very very start of GWD.

Soloing will probably not change much.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

This makes me want to go again. From reading this, melee will probably be the better option now lol. Pretty much back to the way it was in the very very start of GWD.

Soloing will probably not change much.

She was best back then :)

With melee back, I would like to see some hybrid Zil teams.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

ouch I am levelling range to do sara and arma :S just sold my godsword to go for range lol

Mitchartz.gif

GWD:

Sara : 6 saradomin swords in 3 trips with team

Bandos : Hilt, Tassets, Chest and Boots (with team) 2 Shard 3 from minions

Armadyl : nothing yet

Zamorak : 1 steam staff (with team)

Spiritual Mages : over 40 dragon boots

• 2 weeks later...

ALRIGHT PEOPLE!!!. This guide DOES work, artemis I wub you tbh, I used your inv and read nightshade's guide and I got this bad boy!

saradominhilt2dy0.png

Feel free to add to guide to say your solo method does works ^^

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I have never tried yet to solo sara sicne started sara only 2 days ago :)

I tried both range and melee (with a team). Seems with range I last longer than with melee. Do you think taking a setup of full guthan with range will help ? or should I fill up my terror bird/war tortoise ?. For the time being was taking bunyips and sometimes an empty terrorbird with scrolls for running. What is the best setup for a 4 man team ?

My armour was the following:

Armadyl Helmet

Zammy DHide

Saradomin Stole

Rune CBow

Granite Shield (till I get the money for a DFS)

Verac skirt

snakeskin boots

Black D`hide Vambs (dont know if they are better for range than barrows)

ROL

2 Bunyips in inventory, 2 Ranging Potions, 10 Sara Brews and 10 Super Restores, 1 prayer potion, 1 teletab.

EDIT: just bought DFS and Verac helm.

Mitchartz.gif

GWD:

just changed my tactic and went much much better...instead of range am using melee with SGS and full guthan....

Moreover I noticed that when I was using range for sara it was very much difficult to find a team that accepts rangers nowadays on RSOF...so melee it is :)

Mitchartz.gif

GWD: