Saradomin's Encampment Guide

Artemis1330

o naise u gud

also nice 12 sara hilts :o

haha thanks, ive missed another 5 from either having to log during trip, or not getting the drop on ls -.-' ohwell

also, a few little tips and tricks ive picked up over time for sara

*even if using a healing familiar at zil, bring a terror bird aswell, have it hold 2 pots [replace for the tele runes] and keep it summoned while getting kc; if you get a rune or d boots drop, you can store pots in the bird and pick up the drop, once you have 40 kc, dismiss the bird at the top of the rope, run down, drop a few pouches/pots, get the items from bird, run down, summon a familiar to save space, pick up what u can, and drop a super rest if you need to to make space.

*if you have a zamorak godsword, lend it to friends/team mates with the time set as TILL LOGOUT so your teammate can spec. after the spec, regardless of if it freezes or not, use on the owner to return. if you have 2 zgs'ers, still lend them out. more specs the better

*if using a healer and purple sweets are getting too expensive, it is possible to avoid using them in a team of 3 or more. when zil is going after you, turn off your run once 2+ sq's ahead of her; she cant catch up. by the time you reach a wall she should be on someone else.

Narb you took my idea.

Btw, nice guide. ;)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o naise u gud

also nice 12 sara hilts :o

haha thanks, ive missed another 5 from either having to log during trip, or not getting the drop on ls -.-' ohwell

also, a few little tips and tricks ive picked up over time for sara

*even if using a healing familiar at zil, bring a terror bird aswell, have it hold 2 pots [replace for the tele runes] and keep it summoned while getting kc; if you get a rune or d boots drop, you can store pots in the bird and pick up the drop, once you have 40 kc, dismiss the bird at the top of the rope, run down, drop a few pouches/pots, get the items from bird, run down, summon a familiar to save space, pick up what u can, and drop a super rest if you need to to make space.

*if you have a zamorak godsword, lend it to friends/team mates with the time set as TILL LOGOUT so your teammate can spec. after the spec, regardless of if it freezes or not, use on the owner to return. if you have 2 zgs'ers, still lend them out. more specs the better

*if using a healer and purple sweets are getting too expensive, it is possible to avoid using them in a team of 3 or more. when zil is going after you, turn off your run once 2+ sq's ahead of her; she cant catch up. by the time you reach a wall she should be on someone else.

Narb you took my idea.

Btw, nice guide. ;)

ive been doing that for ages, like months before i joined gwda :P not your idea, lol.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• 1 month later...

Maybe update this a little? the pictures and movies are out-of-date :thumbdown:

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice guide, it got me started in the soloing business. I can thank you for gaining 14M from 3 ss's (lag killed me once and knocked off an ss's worth of loot =C) I especially like how you can always alter your strategy just a little bit to improve your performance at Zilyana. I've personally been able to pull off 12 kills in a trip, without filling up a terrorbird. Anyways, here's a few handy tips I think you could add for those wishing to solo her:

1. Don't hug the north wall when doing the run method. This will keep Starlight following you, and eliminate one hit per lap around the room. This alone can give you an extra kill per trip.

2. When you get more comfortable with soloing, use the accurate style of ranging. It helps a surprising amount, just keep in mind you cut it thinner with her hits. In particular, if you're following tip 1, it's hard to pull off accurate on the altar side. To make it easier, switch to rapid when you reach a corner t that side, then switch back once you make it to the other corner.

3. You can still take advantage of the altar while soloing. If you kill off bree and growler, and run to the altar before starlight catches up to you, you can pull of the prayer. If you can't kill both in time for the respawn, weaken both half hp one kill, then finish them off the next.

4. If you can't range bree without moving off the north wall, you can still avoid damage from both growler and bree. Depending on when their attacks come from, you can switch between protect from mage and range, and protect from both attacks while killing off starlight. The prayer needs to be on when the attack leaves them, not when it hits you.

Such a very wonderful guide, although I'm afraid to say I'm not doing very well though, bad at dodging and keep taking her hits, rol'd out, I laughed. First 'trip' I got wtfpwnt by lagging out at 14hps, 3 items in fally -.-.firsttimezilsoloanddcin.png

I guess I'll join a team next time, I dunno, I need pratice dangit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great guide! 9/10! =D>

Sadly after the update (12:30 Wednesday 10th June 2009, AEST) this is almost obsolete as now the Chamber is 1/2 the size and you cannot eat while running. :cry:

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

:( Once again jagex has [bleeped] up Sara gwd. I managed 2 kills solo, and the old method of running in teams is highly inefficient now, gotta find a better way. :cry:

patr1ckotg1.png

team hasnt changed much, except for u cant get the minis off anymore. still pretty much same now

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• 2 weeks later...

lol, i think you need to update,what with jagex's stupid new run update(well, making the wall is stupid anyway...)

good guide, ill be using it as soon as i get 70 agil, also, all your videos take me to somewhere taht is DEFINETLY NOT A GWD VID! :D

anyway, gj, meamzed

meamzed.png

• 4 months later...

This guide makes me wanna get 70 agi (and some range lvls) :x

One small note:

At the beginning of the guide, you say ZGS would be best (cause of the freezing spec), but when you get in depth on melee you say that SGS/AGS would be best.

Just pointing out, very nice guide none the less.

~ Beest

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I <3: you! Got a hilt on my first run with three way veracs. 19m split.

Very well laid out, easy to understand guide :thumbsup:

10/10

swordfight2.png

swordfight2.png

Quest Cape - Combat 94, Done Grandmaster Quest - 27/11/08, Combat 115

Godwars: 1 Sara hilt, 1 Bandos hilt, Bandos boots, 2x Steam battlestaff, Zammy spear, 6 Shards.

Dks: 1 worrior, 1 axe

• 7 months later...