Saradomin's Encampment Guide

Artemis1330

untitled.png

Introduction

This is my guide on Zilyana, the Saradomin God Wars Dungeon boss. She is my favorite boss, and arguably one of the most difficult bosses to kill. What I love most about The Saradomin boss is, unlike all the other GWD bosses, there are many different methods to use at Zilyana. Some are better then others, but all are fun and effective. Even now, nearly 5 months after I started going to sara, I am still perfecting my methods, refining my invo. That's what I love about the entire thing; developing the methods/gear/invos and perfecting them to a forumla lol Requiring level 70 agility and decent range, melee, prayer, and hp levels depending on the method used. Her melee attack hits mid 20s and is as fast as darts. Her mage attack can hit double, like a dds, if not prayed against. But her rewards are some of the best in all of God Wars Dungeon.

Sections

1) Introduction, History of Commander Zilyana, Killcount

2) Godsword Recommendations

3) Solo Methods

4) Duo Methods

5) Team Methods

6) General Tips, Credits, Testimonies

Page Two-

1) A word on Drop Rates and The Drop System

A History of Commander Zilyana

28 August 2007 - God Wars Dungeon -

Release date of God Wars Dungeon and Link to the news post on Runescape home page. Almost instantly, players recognized Zilyana as the deadliest of the four bosses.

But it wasn't long before players found a winning strategy. Unlike other aggressive multi way area bosses, the bosses in God Wars Dungeon were focused. They would target someone, and not change unless they were struck several times while unable to reach their victim. 2 people could block the bosses path, while 2 more attacked the boss from a distance.

Well, this was widely used on all the bosses, and Jagex discovered and removed it fairly quickly. Her melee attack is so deadly she cannot be meleed head on. Her mage defense is so high ancients and magic is not feasible. A hit and run method is developed using either veracs or a god sword, or a rune crossbow.

Still not satisfied, some people developed the hit-and-duck method. Using the alcove in front of the door, they would step out, strike zil, and step back in, thereby nullifying her overwhelming speed. Even with this technique she caused massive amounts of damage, and many deaths. Soon enough, a very small group of people discovered a new method. They would lure Bree to the door alcove, trapped north of it an unable to hit anyone in the alcove. Growler would be trapped similarly, south of the alcove. Zilyana would be trapped in the same spot as Bree. Starlight would be lured into exactly the right position, and the killer would use chinchompas on starlight, splashing and hitting Zilyana. Because of the way Chinchompas functioned, it would utilize Starlight's defense only, making Zilyana very easy to kill.

Well, of course this trick didn't last very long either. The Bandos safespot was discovered, and when Jagex removed it, they decided also to remove the door alcove. Unknowingly, they put an end to this technique as well.

A few months later, a safe spot was found. Zilyana and star light could be lured onto a slanted corner and ranged; only taking hits from Bree the ranger. The group known to have found it concealed it for several months. However, after 3 months, several more discovered it and were more willing to spread it. Within a week, the amount of people using it rose from under 10 to several dozen, and pictures were circulated. The safespot was finally revealed to the public, and Jagex modified the safe spot. Zilyana can still get stuck on the walls, but after 2-3 hits she walks out. This is where the solo method and duo method come into play.

Apparently, Jagex had a hard time removing the slanted corner. The unusual AI was a temporary fix, and several weeks later, Jagex removed the wall for good, modifying the wall so not to mess up the rest of the dungeon, and removing any safe spots for good. That leaves us back on square one, with the hit and run method.

The Kill Count

This kill count is pretty straight forward. Kill 40 Saradomin NPCs, preferably ones in combat. If using lootshare, it is a good idea to use it for the kill count. Lootshare splits the kill count evenly, this helps ensure everyone finishes at the same time. There are 3 three levels to the Saradomin camp, if one level is busy try the next.

Far too often I hear "I don't have 83 slayer, I can't go to sara GWD" or "I don't have 83 slayer, the killcount will take so long." This is a huge mistake, 83 slayer makes little to no difference, speeding up the kc by maybe 3-4minutes.

If you are ranging the kill count, the melee NPCs can be blocked by things like Sara mages (some times at least) and by pretty much al the Zamorak NPCs in the area.

If you get a drop and want to keep it, like rune or d boots, you have two options. If you do not have a familiar, brew to max hp then sip a rest. Drop the brew and get the drop. Should you need to pick up another drop, drop the restore next.

The second option is for players using a familiar (all players should have some kind of familiar, to be honest). Drop a potion, then get the drop. Continue picking up and re-dropping the potion every minute or so, to stop it from dissappearing. Once you have 40 kill count and are ready to enter the boss room, drop the potion on the bottem level, summon the familiar, then pick up the potion again. THis way you lose no supplies and keep the drop from before.

You will always need a saradomin and a zamorak item for this kc. Good god items to use are-

Bracers

Sara/Zammy d'hide top and chaps

Holy and Unholy Symbols

God Capes and Treasure Trail God Capes

Stoles

God Swords

Godsword Recommendations

While the primary method to kill the Saradomin boss is with range, the Godswords can be very effective weapons when used correctly. Here, I will briefly explain how to use each Godsword in the most effective manner.

The ultimate Godsword for Saradomin GWD is without a doubt the Zamorak Godsword. This weapons special attack has the chance to freeze your opponent for 20 seconds. This is especially usefull at the Sara boss, as the main idea here is to avoid being meleed by the boss all together. A successful hit with this spec allows you and your team 20 seconds of free reign on Zilyana.

The best Godsword to use with the Zamorak godsword is the Armadyl Godsword. If one or more team members has a Zamorak Godsword, use the Armadyl Godsword spec after the Zamorak Godsword has frozen Zilyana.

The Bandos Godsword would be used the same way the Armadyl Godsword is used :P

Possibly the second best Godsword to use for Sara GWD is the Saradomin Godsword. This weapons special attack restores half the damage done to your hp and a quarter to your prayer. This spec is best used on minions, and with piety.

Solo Method

First, I want to give a warning to anyone looking to solo. When picking a world, always make sure it is not a lootshare world. Soloing in a lootshare world is asking to get crashed.

I recommend 85+ Range, 85+ def, and 90+hp, and 60+ prayer. The higher your agility level, the better.

There is one effective way to solo Zilyana. It requires you to constantly run away from Zilyana, avoiding her melee, while ranging her.

Setup

untitled3542343.png

Torag or Verac helm is fine. Sara d hide top can be used as well, just take a zammy item to compensate.

Archer Ring > ROW > ROL

DFS > Granite/Obby > Rune Kite

Barrows Gloves > Vambs > Rune Gloves

Solo Invos

[hide=Invos]Invo With Unicorn Stallion

untitled674.png

Invo With Spirit Terrorbird

soloterrorbirdinvo-1.png

You will need 3 extra pouches for-

One for summoning a new familiar at the boss door.

One for when the first runs out in the boss room.

One for extra, incase one of the terrorbirds die.

While you can take a familiar down the entrance rope into GWD, you can not take a familiar past the two ropes into the Saradomin area. To work around this, get the kill count in the upper area. Once you have the killcount, dismiss the terrorbird at the first rope. Run to the boss room door and drop 12 items. Run back to where you dismissed the terrorbird and pick up the items it dropped. Run back to the boss door and summon the terrorbird and fill up it's invo. To see this best, watch the short video below.

How to take a Beast of Burden to Zilyana

Invo With no Familiar

untitled5646543.png

You can take 3-4 sharks/tuna tators/manta rays if you find yourself sipping brews before you need to sip restores.[/hide]

The Battle

The whole idea here is to stay out of Zilyana's melee range. Once you have the killcount, head to the boss room entrance. Pot up to full Hp and prayer, and range pot.

untitled9674-1.jpg

When Zilyana is near that spot, put on protection from magic prayer, eagle eye, and enter. Start shooting at Zilyana, running away after every 1-2 shots. If you are new to this, you may want to start with longrange, swapping to rapid when you get better.

Continually run around the room, following the walls, while turning back and shooting at her when you can. Make sure you watch your run energy very closely, walking away from Zilyana is a death wish. Be conservative with your range pots, try to sip just one or two times per kill.

When Zilyana is dead, run to the north wall. Standing on the north wall will get Starlight to stop attacking-

untitled46346.png

Kill Bree from here, then Starlight, then Growler if you have time.

Solo Running Video

Solo Zilyana Run Method

Duo Method

I do not include a duo melee method in this guide. I have not found anyway way to duo melee sara that can compete with duo range. Duo range allows for over twice the kills per trip.

Duo range Range gets an average of 30-40 kills a trip for expierenced players.

I recommend 85+ range, 75-80+ def, 60+ prayer, 75+ Hitpoints..

Duo Range Setup

Rangesetup-Zilyana.png

This setup is very similar to the solo setup. Prayer bonus is very important here.

Verac Helm > Torag

Stole > Fury > Glory

Ranger Boots > Snake Skin > Dragon Boots > Rune

Archer Ring > ROL

DFS > Granite/Obby/Crystal/Dragon Square

Do not take a ring of wealth in any situation you will be using lootshare. According to Jagex, the ring of wealth does not effect lootshare drops.

Does the ring of wealth work with LootShare?

No, the ring of wealth does not improve your chances of getting a good drop while you are LootSharing. The ring only works when you are fighting by yourself.

Link- http://www.runescape.com/kbase.....cle_id=636

Duo Range Invos

[hide=Duo Invos]I only recommend two familiars for duo; the level 88 summoning Unicorn Stallin and the Level 52 summoning Spirit Terrorbird. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the Spirit Terrorbird. The Beast of Burden effect allows you to take 12 more items, and the scrolls restore energy for virtually no cost.

Invo No Familiar

duoinvonofamiliar.png

Invo With Stallion

Duorangeinvowithstallion-1.png

Invo With Spirit Terrorbird

Duorangewithterrorbird.jpg

While you can take a familiar down the entrance rope into GWD, you can not take a familiar past the two ropes into the Saradomin area. To work around this, get the kill count in the upper area. Once both you and your partner have the killcount, dismiss the terrorbird at the first rope. Run to the boss room door and drop 12 items. Run back to where you dismissed the terrorbird and pick up the items it dropped. Run back to the boss door and summon the terrorbird and fill up it's invo. To see this best, watch the short video below.

How to take a spirit terrorbird to Zilyana[/hide]

The Battle

This method uses range to avoid Zilyana's melee attacks. Combined with her AI for movement, it is a very effective method. In general it allows for about 30 kills a trip, up to 40 if you are expierenced.

Once you and your partner have the kill count, meet at the door and take a sip of your range pot and put on magic protection prayer. One person should enter first. This person will have Zilyana on them and should run in a square around the room, hugging the walls. The other partner enters and starts ranging Zilyana. When Zilyana stops focusing on the first partner, you will both have to range her, keeping her in the center of you both. If she starts to get close to you, take a few steps back and let her wander away. If you wait too long and she gets close enough to melee, run in a square around the room. When done right, she will stay in the center of you both, kind of wandering around.

If you have a Zamorak Godsword (highly recommended) use the spec at the start of each boss.

If you have a spirit terrorbird with you, you will have to summon a new one at least once during the trip. You should do this when Zilyana is dead. If you have to, dismiss your current one a minute or two early to make sure you have a source of energy for the boss.

When Zilyana dies, both of you should go to the north wall and range Bree. When hugging the north wall, Starlight will not attack you-

untitled46346.png

Range Bree, then Starlight, then Growler if you have time.

Duo Range Video

Three Man+ Team Method

There are two main ways to team Zilyana- Melee and Range.

Range is great option, and probably the better way to kill Zilyana. Zilyanas range defense is fairly low, and her AI for movement is in great favor for the ranger.

The big difference between the two methods is melee will get you faster kills per trip, while range will get you more kills per trip. So do you want to stay at Zilyana longer? Or do you want to kill her faster but less times a trip? It's up to you.

Team Range Method

I recommend 80+ range, 70+ def, 70+ Hitpoints, and 50+ prayer.

General Range Setup

Rangesetup-Zilyana.png

God Dragon Hide > Karils > Black Dragon Hide

Verac Skirt > Chaps

Stole > Fury > Glory

Archer's Ring > Ring Of Life

Veracs Helm > Torag's Helm > Other Barrows > Neitiznot

Dragonfire Shield > Granite/Obby/Dragon Square/Crystal Shield > Rune Kite

Veracs Helm is best here, as you are trying to get the most out of your trip and need to keep prayer for as long as possible.

Do not take a ring of wealth in any situation you will be using lootshare. According to Jagex, the ring of wealth does not effect lootshare drops.

No, the ring of wealth does not improve your chances of getting a good drop while you are LootSharing. The ring only works when you are fighting by yourself.

Void Setup

untitled564.png

This is only for one or two players in a large team of 5+, otherwise you'll get owned with the low def of void, and the low prayer will drain fast.

Team Ranger Invos

[hide=Team Range Invos]These invos will vary depending on a few factors such as def level, range level, GWD expierence, Sara boss expierence, etc. However these are good invos to start with and go from there.

I do not recommend taking fighter familiars for this method, other then the level 79 summoning Healing Titans. Fighter familiars only fight other npc's if you are being attacked. Most of the time you will not be under attack and your fighter will simply follow you around. Furthermore, Beasts of Burden and Healers have a much larger effect.

Invo no Familiar

untitled63.png

Range pots are optional here, if you are over level 90 range they really are not necessary.

If using guthans, include the spear and plate. Take 4-6 less brews. The amount of brews you take depends greatly on your expierence at sara.

Invo With Stallion

Threemanrangestallionbegginnersinvo.jpg

Invo with Beast of Burdens

I will include every invo you can use with a beast of burden. Which one you should use depends on your summoning level. However, I highly recommend the Spirit Terrorbird. You will need a way to restore your energy, and the spirit terrorbird does this fast and for a very low cost.

While you can take a familiar down the entrance rope into GWD, you can not take a familiar past the two ropes into the Saradomin area. To work around this, get the kill count in the upper area. Once you and your team have the killcount, dismiss the Beast of Burden at the first rope. Run to the boss room door and drop the same amount of items the Beast of Burden was holding. Run back to where you dismissed the familiar and pick up the items it dropped. Run back to the boss door and summon the Familiar and fill up it's invo. To see this best, watch the short video below.

War Tortoise Invos

Plain invo (level 67 sum)-

Wartortoiseinvorangeteam.png

War Tortoise and Healing Titan (level 79 sum)-

Tortoiseandtitan.png

War Tortoise and Bunyip (level 68 sum)-

3manrangeturtleandbunyipinvo.png

Spirit Terrorbird Invos-

The great thing about spirit terrorbird is not only do you get the beast of burden effect, but you also get the virtually free energy restore.

Plain Invo (lvl 52 sum)-

teamrangetbird.png

Spirit Terrorbird and Bunyip (level 68 sum)-

3manrangetbirdinvo.png

Spirit Terrorbird and Healing Titans (level 79 sum)-

teamrangetbirdandtitan.png

Invo with Healing Titan

Healing Titans alone (level 79 sum)-

Sara-Teamtitaninvo.png

It should be noted that range pots are optional here. When I do 3 man trips, I only have players take them if they are below 90 range. With 5+ players you don't need them at all if over 85 range.[/hide]

The Fight

Well there are only one or two tricks here. The team should meet at the door, pot up, pray mage, and enter at the same time. As soon as you enter, it is very important to spread out. Keep your distance from Zilyana and stay spread out between your partners. The easiest way to keep Zilyana from focusing on a player is to stay spread out, makeing it hard for her to choose who to focus on. When you get good at it, you can kill Zilyana without her focusing on a single player, taking no damage from her.

With three people, it is best to create a triangle, with 4 a square, etc. the main goal is to have Zilyana in the center of all of you. When you do this she will spin around in the center, unable to choose a target.

Where to stand when Zilyana spawns

[hide=]untitled543-1.png

untitled4363.png

untitled435643.png[/hide]

Zilyana can only focus on one player at a time. When she focuses on you, she will walk towards you. When you see this happen, quickly run in the other direction before she gets within melee distance. When you are running, hug the walls and run in a square around the room. Watch your hp, prayer, and run%. By the time you run along two walls she should no longer be focused on you.

If you have a Zamorak God Sword, use the spec when you first enter, then use it when Zilyana spawns each time after. If someone is taking a Zamorak Godsword and you have an Armadyl Godsword or Bandos Godsword, use the specs after Zilyana is frozen.

If using guthans, equip the plate and spear and heal on minis when Zilyana dies. If in a team of 5 or more, heal when ever needed.

If you are in a very large team of 6+, you may want to have the highest level ranger, or even the two highest rangers, wear void.

Once Zilyana has been killed, the person getting the last hit will have every minion on him/her. To fix this, that person should run to the very south wall, this gets Bree to focus on another player. Whoever Bree focuses on should then pray range. Meanwhile, the rest of the team should run to the north wall and stand on it. This wall gets Starlight to focus on no player. From here, range Bree, then Starlight, then kill Growler. This is very helpfull to save food. To better see this, watch the video below.

Range Team Videos

Team Range Zilyana

Team Range Zilyana 2

Team Melee Method

I recommend 80+ to all melee stats, 80+ Hitpoints, and 60+ prayer.

Melee Setups

Verac's Setup

untitled6852.png

Berserker or Warrior

Fury > Glory > Stole

Fire Cape > Skill Cape > Obby Cape

Dragon Boots > Rune Boots > Bandos Boots

Godsword Setup

Duodemonsmeleegear1.png

Any Godsword works here, sgs or ags is best for the specs.

Bandos > Barrows > Rune

Warrior or Berserker

Fury > Glory > Stole

Fire Cape > Skill Cape > Obby Cape

Dragon Boots > Bandos > Rune Boots

If you don't have a Godsword, wear veracs.

Team Invos

I do not recommend taking fighter familiars for this method. Fighter familiars only fight other npc's if you are being attacked. Most of the time you will not be under attack and your fighter will simply follow you around. Furthermore, Beasts of Burden and Healers are much more effective.

Beasts of burden work excellent for team melee. I will include good invos for each Beast of Burden. The Spirit Terrorbird is the most usefull of all familiars, as the spec restores your run energy.

You will need a way to restore run energy, so make sure you take purple sweets if not using the Spirit Terrorbird.

[hide=Team Melee Invos]These invos will vary depending on a few factors such as Attack/Strength/Defense level, GWD expierence, Sara boss expierence, etc. However these are good invos to start with and go from there.

Invo no Familiar

untitled63.png

I will not include guthans in these invos. Guthans is slow and not a reliable way to heal. Summoning familiars will more then do the job, and provide you with hours of supplies.

I will also not include Super Potions. You are more then welcome to take Super potions, however I find trips last longer without them as you can take more food and prayer restore instead.

Invo With Stallion

Sara-teaminvoStallionmelee.png

Invo with Beast of Burdens

I will include every invo you can use with a beast of burden. Which one you should use depends on your summoning level.

While you can take a familiar down the entrance rope into GWD, you can not take a familiar past the two ropes into the Saradomin area. To work around this, get the kill count in the upper area. Once you and your team have the killcount, dismiss the Beast of Burden at the first rope. Run to the boss room door and drop the same amount of items the Beast of Burden was holding. Run back to where you dismissed the familiar and pick up the items it dropped. Run back to the boss door and summon the Familiar and fill up it's invo. To see this best, watch the short video below.

War Tortoise Invos

Plain invo (level 67 sum)-

Sara-teaminvotortoiseplain.png

War Tortoise and Healing Titan (level 79 sum)-

Tortoiseandtitan.png

War Tortoise and Bunyip (level 68 sum)-

3manrangeturtleandbunyipinvo.png

Spirit Terrorbird Invos-

The great thing about spirit terrorbird is not only do you get the beast of burden effect, but you also get the virtually free energy restore.

Plain Invo (lvl 52 sum)-

teamrangetbird.png

Spirit Terrorbird and Bunyip (level 68 sum)-

3manrangetbirdinvo.png

Spirit Terrorbird and Healing Titans (level 79 sum)-

teamrangetbirdandtitan.png

Invo with Healing Titan

Healing Titans alone (level 79 sum)-

Sara-Teamtitaninvo.png

For the Beast of Burden-

In order to use just one or two summoning pots, when your familiars time runs out simply take a sip of summoning potion and then summon a new familiar.[/hide]

The Battle

This method uses a "hit and run" technique. If Zilyana is focused on you, run away from her, hugging the walls around the room. Meanwhile, the rest of the team continues to melee her. Once she swaps and focuses on another player, that player then runs.

Once everyone has the killcount, meet up at the door. Pot up, turn on mage protection prayer and piety. The player that enters first will have Zilyana focused on them, and should start running. The rest of the team enters right after and starts to melee Zilyana. Be prepared to run as soon as she changes focus to another team member, standing and letting her melee you is a fast death.

Keep an eye on your familiar as well, when it runs out it will drop all items it is holding. Make sure you summon a new familiar and load it before the items dissappear.

When Zilyana dies, the person getting the last hit will have all of the minions on them. This person should run all the way to the south and north walls. This wil get Bree and Starlight off them and on another player. Those players should pray melee or range accordingly.

Once all minions are dead, each team member should stand along the south wall. Once Zilyana spawns, flip on your prayers and start it all over.

Team Melee Video

General Tips and Tricks

-Be prepared for deaths. They happen to everyone, wether it is your fault or a team mates fault you will die eventually. Know what items you will lose if you die and be prepared to lose them. Yes, 99% of the time you will get them back, but it's best to be ready to not get them back just in case. Don't put all of your wealth in items you may lose if you die. If you only have 2m gps in the bank, think twice about taking that Guthans warspear.

-Instead of using the rock to enter the God Wars Dungeon cave, use the crack. It is faster then moving the boulder-

Crack

untitled32423.jpg

To get a full invo-

Bank 3 super restores and withdraw four fires, four laws, and a charged glory. Tele to Trollheim, drop 2 restores, glory to edge, bank the glory and take out 3 restores. Tele back to Trollheim and pick up the dropped restores. Full Invo.

-Always try to use full worlds for faster spawn times. Using an empty world is a waste of prayer and stat boosting potions.

-Always double check the items you keep on death, make sure you understand what will be kept and lost.

The gear I am wearing in the solo picture protects over a sara sword, so if you get a sara sword drop use protect item. I have died with a sara sword and lost it before, after getting it as a drop.

My Résumé

I have about 4 thousand solo boss kills here. I have about 10k more team and duo kills here. I have 4k-5k minion kills, including two Sara Swords from a minion, one when solo. I have been going to Sara for over five months now, and have no plans on stopping soon. I have 25+ hilt drops, 5+ solo. I have 40+ sara sword drops, 15+ solo.

Thanks To-

Soma2035- I honestly could never have become as good as I am at God Wars Dungeon if it were not for this person. He, along with a few others, are the true masters of this colossal Dungeon.

MadManPur3- I could not have become as good as I am at the Saradomin Encampment if it were not for this person. He knows this boss like no other person in all Runescape, another Master of this Dungeon.

Jard Y Dooku- The third and final person that got me going with sara. He is great at discovering new methods, always better then the last, to kill these bosses. He's also amazing at pking people in the boss room :wink: .

Others- Croaticus985, Druminator17, Shortman4229, Paulrat3, Genius93, Toohey1612, Calibanio, Turbostrider, D O U S H, Julius Casar, Geoslug/Brenn, TechHead7890, Southpole114, Theuberelite.

Testimonies

dude amazing guide thanks a ton got 61-70 agil last week after looking at your guide been doing 3 man team on sara with range running method and mele sidestep, started sunday got an ss that day and then today i got ss and hilt thanks a ton i have pictures of drops i could add if you wanted for any reason. basically partially because of this guide i have made 42m in 3 days:)

Wow, didnt think it was possible to solo like that at all anymore. Definetly going to use this.

Tried it. 4 kills first trip. Very nice.

Second trip, got an SS on first kill. I <3 you.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7361/080224010018rs9.png

Ok tried the guide, no familiars got 5 kills, The first few kills were rough till I got the hang of it.

Artemis this guide rocks - The run method got me a hilt on the first kill with a duo buddy on difference was that I used a terror bird for run, as well as it holding things.

Many may have seen this but I didn't post it on this thread.

Sara Hilt Duo

'This guide deserves a 20/10. Awesome setup, well explained, GREAT setup, I'd say the min range should be 90, so you get a decent kills/trip. Anyways, this is what this awesome guide has gotten me so far!

Saradomin Hilt #2

Saradomin Hilt #3

Questions? Comments? Tips or new ideas? Please feel welcome to share them here.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Word on Drop Rates & The RS Drop System

First, these are Zilyanas drop rates. Thanks to Soma2035 for figuring this out.

Here's the rough rates and values of drops:

Saradomin Hilt 1:200 to 1:300

Saradomin Sword 1:50 to 1:100

Where did you get your estimates?]For Bandos, I've had several hilts, and several of each drop. I have far fewer Armadyl drops, but I got them at a roughly similar rate. The Saradomin drop rates were calculated off over a dozen hilts, and at least two to three dozen Saradomin Swords. I have gotten, or been on teams that have received at least 5 or 6 Zamorakian Spears, and several steam battlestaffs. I don't recall getting any Zamorak Hilts, but I personally didn't fight K'ril a lot besides the solo's when goofing around. The hilt rate there is based on the assumption all of them have a similar rate.

Note that I'm not saying "Every 200 to 300 kills, you'll get a hilt." Rather, every kill you have a 1:200 or 1:300 chance of getting a hilt. You could get it on your first drop, you could get it on your ten thousandth drop, or you could never get one. It's all random.

So, just how does the Runescape monster drop system work? In a god letter from a Postbag from the Hedge, the god Guthix explained-

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this.

Link-

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=375

Think of it this way- For any specific NPC type (for example, all goblins) and for Boss NPCs, every possible drop is listed on a wheel. There are three of these "wheels", one for common drops, one for rare drops, and one for charms. On these wheels are slots or spaces of varying sizes, these slots are the drops. When you kill an NPC, the "common drop" and "charm drop" wheels spin. Whatever the wheel lands on is your drop. Of course, some "slots" are larger then others, meaning more common drops.

Now, there are also slots on this "common" wheel for rare drops. If the wheel lands on one of these slots, the second "rare wheel" spins. This wheel is similar to the "common" wheel; some slots are larger, there are more then one of some slots, etc. This can be seen at metal dragons for example, where D legs are more common then a visage. Why? well the visage slot is very small, and there are probably more then one d leg slots.

The third wheel, the charm wheel, is separate from the others. Why do I think there is a "charm" wheel? The Ring Of Wealth effects charm drops, but charms have absolutely no connection with any other drop. You can get them in combination with any monster drop, they are separate. This wheel acts similarly to the other two. Kill an npc, it spins, the charm dropped is determined.

Furthermore, lets say that on kill 300 you get a sara sword. You think to yourself "damn that should have been a hilt!". Wrong, it does not work like that. For example, you role a dice and it lands on 6. Role it again, it's 6. Every time you role the dice you still have a 1:6 chance that it lands on the number 6. Every time you kill an NPC you still have a 1:(whatever) chance to get that drop. Previous drops do not effect each other.

So how does a Ring Of Wealth come into play here?

The ring of wealth increases the chance of getting a rare drop when you kill a monster.

The ROW simply increase the size of the slots on the "rare wheel". It increases the chance that when the "rare wheel" spins, the drop received will be a more rare drop (example- Hilt over sara sword).

Impressive, really makes me want to try it. Hard to find a good (trustworthy) team, though. For now bandos's ~15M a day is good for me... How long does it take to get 40 KC without 83 slayer?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Impressive, really makes me want to try it. Hard to find a good (trustworthy) team, though. For now bandos's ~15M a day is good for me... How long does it take to get 40 KC without 83 slayer?

15-20 mins. I should edit that in the guide. Too many players think "I don't have 83 slayer I can't go to sara gwd". 83 slayer makes little difference.

Nice bandos drops as well :o

15-20 mins. I should edit that in the guide. Too many players think "I don't have 83 slayer I can't go to sara gwd". 83 slayer makes little difference.

Nice bandos drops as well :o

Ok, great... I heard somewhere that it was an hour with 83, and 1.5-2 without, so I always was afraid to go with good stuff and thought that I would spend too much time getting KC and not enough time killing.

Off Topic: I'm going for 88 summoning with the cash from bandos, went from 72-80 in the past couple days and have the bursts cash and shards banked for 88. Still get too bored to camp at lobs, so I break it up with GWD trips to help get a SGS. Can't wait for 88, fire titan owns. 28 bandos 4 man team kills without eating is my current record (Including tanking several, got lucky and didn't get hit much). Sadly our tank had to tele at 28 kills and everyone else left, my Titan was still going strong. Hopefully unicorn is even better :pray:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Guess I'll repost this here, no answer on Zybez.

I tried soloing for the first time, and was surprised. The killcount, according to my terrorbird, took 23:30, so no worries there. For my first kill I had some trouble staying out of her range, even on long range, so I chewed through most of my sara brews. On the second kill, I ran out of sara brews while she was close to dead, and foolishly tried to finish her off (I realized how stupid it was and hit my teletab just as she killed me). Luckily I only lost 60k in armor (Accumulator, Crossbow, Glory ammy, lightness boots, ring of life, rune gloves) plus around 80k in remaining potions\bolts; not a problem!

I'll hopefully be soloing much, much more from now on. Then I went on the forums and tried to fin da team. I found one fairly quickly, and we all went in. Unfortunately, it appeared that both of my teammates were even more clueless then me... The first one kept getting hit because he didn't bring ANYTHING for run energy (Picture him walking away from here around the room while guzzling brews, getting hit 20+ very rapidly). Between our supplies and his, he lasted for 14 kills. The other guy apparently considered duoing a "waste of supplies", and teled also at 18 kills... As for me, I had only drank 4 sara brews and 4 super restores, so I had been planning on a much longer trip. I really wasn't in the mood for soloing, so I teled also. At least I learned a little about the triangle; the few times we got it set up right it worked very, very well. WE just stood there firing while she spun around. Much of the rest of the time was spent watching my first teammate walk away from her while being hit hard and fast. Oh well, at least it was a good lesson for never letting your run energy down. I need a better place to find a team, but monster hunting clans aren't for me; sometimes I don't do a single GWD trip for several weeks, and then I'll do 8+ trips in a day.

On to the question...

Would it be worth bringing my Lava Titan when going with a 3 man team? From duoing with my 2nd teammate, it seems fairly obvious that a terrorbird is a better choice when there is only 2 people. I would like to bring a couple of terrorbird pouches (My 2nd one expired in the room), but when I finally have space, use a lava titan. I really didn't need to run much with the 3 team; I didn't need a scroll until the 10th or 11th kill, and then only because I did a horrible job of getting back in the triangle, and spent much of my time running in circles. If I brought some purple sweets, I think I would be fine with a lava titan, and its healing (Twice that of bunyip) seems like it would come in very handy. I'm still too lazy to get 88 summoning, even though I've got the bursts\cash banked... (I hate bursting with a passion) So, I'll probably solo quite a bit while trying to find an experienced team, and if I get a drop I'll chin to 99 range. After bursting I should have around 95 defence, and I may train that to 99 also. I'm getting 90 prayer hopefully soon, and 99 HP will come from bursting, so I should be doing much, much more of Sara GWD.

Another question: Is Zamorak Godsword worth it if you are soloing? If that's the case, I may rebuy mine. Finally, is it better to get KC in the main room of the dungen, where I currently get it, or in the 2nd or 3rd room? Sorry about the wall of text, I'm just excited that Sara GWD is easier and funner then I thought it would be.

DeviledEgg24.png

Guess I'll repost this here, no answer on Zybez.

I tried soloing for the first time, and was surprised. The killcount, according to my terrorbird, took 23:30, so no worries there. For my first kill I had some trouble staying out of her range, even on long range, so I chewed through most of my sara brews. On the second kill, I ran out of sara brews while she was close to dead, and foolishly tried to finish her off (I realized how stupid it was and hit my teletab just as she killed me). Luckily I only lost 60k in armor (Accumulator, Crossbow, Glory ammy, lightness boots, ring of life, rune gloves) plus around 80k in remaining potions\bolts; not a problem!

I'll hopefully be soloing much, much more from now on. Then I went on the forums and tried to fin da team. I found one fairly quickly, and we all went in. Unfortunately, it appeared that both of my teammates were even more clueless then me... The first one kept getting hit because he didn't bring ANYTHING for run energy (Picture him walking away from here around the room while guzzling brews, getting hit 20+ very rapidly). Between our supplies and his, he lasted for 14 kills. The other guy apparently considered duoing a "waste of supplies", and teled also at 18 kills... As for me, I had only drank 4 sara brews and 4 super restores, so I had been planning on a much longer trip. I really wasn't in the mood for soloing, so I teled also. At least I learned a little about the triangle; the few times we got it set up right it worked very, very well. WE just stood there firing while she spun around. Much of the rest of the time was spent watching my first teammate walk away from her while being hit hard and fast. Oh well, at least it was a good lesson for never letting your run energy down. I need a better place to find a team, but monster hunting clans aren't for me; sometimes I don't do a single GWD trip for several weeks, and then I'll do 8+ trips in a day.

On to the question...

Would it be worth bringing my Lava Titan when going with a 3 man team? From duoing with my 2nd teammate, it seems fairly obvious that a terrorbird is a better choice when there is only 2 people. I would like to bring a couple of terrorbird pouches (My 2nd one expired in the room), but when I finally have space, use a lava titan. I really didn't need to run much with the 3 team; I didn't need a scroll until the 10th or 11th kill, and then only because I did a horrible job of getting back in the triangle, and spent much of my time running in circles. If I brought some purple sweets, I think I would be fine with a lava titan, and its healing (Twice that of bunyip) seems like it would come in very handy. I'm still too lazy to get 88 summoning, even though I've got the bursts\cash banked... (I hate bursting with a passion) So, I'll probably solo quite a bit while trying to find an experienced team, and if I get a drop I'll chin to 99 range. After bursting I should have around 95 defence, and I may train that to 99 also. I'm getting 90 prayer hopefully soon, and 99 HP will come from bursting, so I should be doing much, much more of Sara GWD.

Another question: Is Zamorak Godsword worth it if you are soloing? If that's the case, I may rebuy mine. Finally, is it better to get KC in the main room of the dungen, where I currently get it, or in the 2nd or 3rd room? Sorry about the wall of text, I'm just excited that Sara GWD is easier and funner then I thought it would be.

Think you mean Fire titan? :)

Anyway, glad to see this guide is back.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

wow this looks great. i MUST get 70 agility! i already have what mthod im going to use and exactly how to do it picked out in my head now i just need 70 agility and a few range levels. so you say 85 range is decent for solo?

Y_Z.png

[hide=]Guess I'll repost this here, no answer on Zybez.

On to the question...

Another question: Is Zamorak Godsword worth it if you are soloing? If that's the case, I may rebuy mine. Finally, is it better to get KC in the main room of the dungen, where I currently get it, or in the 2nd or 3rd room? Sorry about the wall of text, I'm just excited that Sara GWD is easier and funner then I thought it would be.[/hide]

yes it is worthwhile to take any of the level 79 summoning titan in addition to a beast of burden. I have invos for those in the guide. I have yet to test taking just the level 79 titans, and hope to do so soon.

The zammy godsword is worthwhile for solo as well. Instead of taking a sara/zammy holy symbol, you can wear sara d hide top and take zgs. Zgs would also be handy for the boss, providing the spec hits. If you plan on doing a lot of sara gwd, and have money sitting in the bank, it is a good idea to buy a zgs. They are very helpfull. But don't spend over 70% of you bank on it, only buy it if you can do so without having to worry about cash etc. afterwards.

Awesome guide, in my opinion with 4 rangers sara is by far the easiest boss - as long as you do it right, she barely ever hits you.

143kxfq.png

Please take a look at my blog here.

Those who can not accept change condemn themselves to living in the past.

99 Range - 99 Mage - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoints

provided that you had the money,

wouldnt it be good also to have a sgs, it would speed up kc, count as a sara item so youd only need zammy bracers/top, and you could use it for minions to kill then quicker and spec for hp and prayer on minions

im glad to see the solo running method i pointed out to you so long ago has become popular, seems like yesterday i posted it and you said "hmm, looks slower but around as many kills as my method for solo". ive heard of people recently getting upwards of 16 kills with a terrorbird which is crazy, they where also far from maxed cb

if you had 67 68 79 88 or 96 summon wouldnt some of those choices be better than terrorbird for solo, i mean sweets arent 4k anymore, more like 2k so youd get way more kills per trip if you took a good beast of burden + healer combo and substitute bird for sweets right?

and 1 question to end on, if youve become a good enough runner for soloing wouldnt crystal shield be better since only bree is doing dmg to you? with the incresed range def if could draw out your food longer, i know it degrades but lets say in 1 trememdously long and unlucky solo trip you take 500 hits between kc, bree, and a few lucky hits, its still 9/10 which is better than dfs as far as range def goes. so for solo would crystal be better than dfs if you are god at avoiding melee attacks?

a_final_name.png

[hide=]

[hide=]Guess I'll repost this here, no answer on Zybez.

On to the question...

Another question: Is Zamorak Godsword worth it if you are soloing? If that's the case, I may rebuy mine. Finally, is it better to get KC in the main room of the dungen, where I currently get it, or in the 2nd or 3rd room? Sorry about the wall of text, I'm just excited that Sara GWD is easier and funner then I thought it would be.[/hide]

yes it is worthwhile to take any of the level 79 summoning titan in addition to a beast of burden. I have invos for those in the guide. I have yet to test taking just the level 79 titans, and hope to do so soon.

The zammy godsword is worthwhile for solo as well. Instead of taking a sara/zammy holy symbol, you can wear sara d hide top and take zgs. Zgs would also be handy for the boss, providing the spec hits. If you plan on doing a lot of sara gwd, and have money sitting in the bank, it is a good idea to buy a zgs. They are very helpfull. But don't spend over 70% of you bank on it, only buy it if you can do so without having to worry about cash etc. afterwards.

[/hide]Money really isn't a problem, if I need it I earn it right away. I think I'm going to get 88 summoning first, I've got the charms for halfway already and am doing ~3k bursts per day. Then I'll get 90 prayer and do some trio, along with some soloing. I'll probably resell my BGS and rebuy my ZGS, I really don't like the bandos spec. Zammy is very very accurate compared to it, and the accuracy boost alone seems to be better then bando's defence reduction (I've missed 8 bandos specs in a row on Graador, but successfully specced him 13 times in a row with ZGS. Too bad the spec doesn't help much, but its good for finishing him off when he's redbarred and your team can't seem to hit him.

DeviledEgg24.png

im glad to see the solo running method i pointed out to you so long ago has become popular, seems like yesterday i posted it and you said "hmm, looks slower but around as many kills as my method for solo". ive heard of people recently getting upwards of 16 kills with a terrorbird which is crazy, they where also far from maxed cb

It's intuitive, I can't think of any other way to solo without taking a fair amount of melee hits. 16 kills is extreme, my best so far is 13 but that was using guthans and taking only 2 brews lol. I think the first few kills I got some brews/restores from her so it's all good :lol:

Whoever said an hour for kc, it's funny I get it in 15 minutes :P

120 Solos so far; One Sword and a Godsword Shard 2. I bought 5k diamond bolts, 500 super res and 200 brews with the money from ss :)

very nice guide, might try soloing after 90 range

also heres a tip you could use in a team

if you run out of energy and zilya is on you, attacking you then walk away, you should have 1 energy by then, click to a wall/corner with control key then you will run out the 1 percent and keep going, so your 1-2 steps ahead of zyila so you don't get hit, repeat if needed around corners, might take a hit or 2, but not as bad as constently hit...

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

The guide is perfect, it contains each and every detail. I don't have 70 agility right now, but anyway. You're hard work is clearly seen and receives my appreciation.

Thumbs up!

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Very nicely done. I do have a few things to add though.

First, on the Godswords. I recently tried out a ZGS and was truthfully less than impressed. It really was awesome when it worked, but that was maybe 30% of them time with 93 Atk, 95 Str and Piety. When it failed, it got her focused on me and completely messed up the box. Overall I'd say it actually did more harm than good.

Also, with 88 Summoning, it's really worth it to bring Range pots no matter what your level. At 89 Prayer wearing a Fury instead of a Stole, I end up using maybe 5-6 restore doses per pony in a 4-man team. Rounding up, that's only 8 entire potions used over the life of 5 Unicorns, meaning that you have plenty of room for stat boosters.

I also like to take a Whip for KC and minis. You get faster kills on them and don't waste supplies, especially now with the price of diamond bolts having gone up.

I don't know if you mentioned it, but Zilyana doesn't use her mage attack unless she's within melee range of someone on your team. So when you're waiting for a respawn, as long as everyone is in their corner, turn your prayer off to conserve resources. You can also turn it off if she's been frozen by a ZGS spec (or Smite her just because you can :P )

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

Would an armadyl helm work in place of the verac helm?

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

You can try it, but I wouldn't recommend it without access to higher-level healing familiars. Even with elemental titans I wouldn't stray from the V helm/skirt, blessed top setup. If you have Unicorns, though, you have a bit more room to experiment. I've started using Arma skirt in place of V and ponies are more than able to keep up with the damage from minis.

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png

oxidation83.png