Your thoughts on the new Tif.

sarg1010

Admin Edit: Please note that we will eventually be installing more forum skins for you guys to use. Many of you are unhappy with the appearance of the forum, so please keep that in mind. If you would like to suggest a forum skin, please use the following thread: Suggest a Style: PHPBB3 ~tripsis

(mods you can lock if there is a thread like this.)

Sooo after a few days of tif being down and bugs being fixed, what do you think of the new Forums look?

I personally like it now that everything is organized and look like the old forums.

Discuss what you think of them.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I dislike it to the point where I probably won't visit here as much haha

Everything's so big and inconvenient :(

Aww don't say that :( Hopefully you guys will like it more once we get a few more forum skins up and running!!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think the forum looks nice and clean and gives a mental image of a cloud, but thats probably the blue color, anyway i like it and i think i will post a lot more in the future than i was before.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I liked the old skin, some avatars aren't showing up, smileys look weird, sig and avatar limits went abck to how they were before (I think :o), and people who were banned are now unbanned (except for a few people) now they have another chance.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

The new TIF is harder to get used than the old one was. It's too big..... But I could care less, it's back and that's all that matters. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

debian.png

I think the new look is kind of cold and not as "homey" as the old TIF. I do like it A LOT better now that everything is reorganized. All and all I'm sure that I could get used to it and once everybody fixes their avatars and signatures it will look less patchy. Some new skins would be nice though.

To be honest, I dislike it to the point where I probably won't visit here as much haha

exactly what i was thinking. for the time it was off i lost the habit of coming here, but i was waiting for them to come back up. i was disappointed to see the new formatting. its so hard on the eye and too flashy.

Aww don't say that :( Hopefully you guys will like it more once we get a few more forum skins up and running!!

NEW SKINS! NEW SKINS!

I think I'm missing the old skin the most out of everything. Change is always hard :geek:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Is there a way to get the old look? Does one of our wonderful members of the community have the skills to create one?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Is there a way to get the old look? Does one of our wonderful members of the community have the skills to create one?

I doubt it's a matter of skills, since writing CSS isn't hard at all (since it's a markup syntax). It's a matter of time. Besides that, there's no real reason to recreate all of the old skins; if anyone were patient enough to write a new skin design for Tip, it would incorporate some new and exciting features for the new forum.

Besides that, I guess this is what you call the "aftermath" of a major attack. Regardless, I'm happy that the staff was able to get so many issues resolved and what-not. In time, if I can't adjust to it, I'll just write my own PHPBB3 skin and submit it in. :P

P.S: Fix the amount of smilies permitted per post.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Well i think that phpbb3 will allow more content on tif, so i have no problems with it atm. But for now all those codes error makes me mad :evil:

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D

I really dislike the new look, probobly not get on it as much.

Figures, the day I put up my "Rate this" the forums crash.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

How does this look to you: http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/subsilver2 ? It's pretty similar to the old forum.

Hopefully we will have that particular skin installed soon and then we will get a few more colours eventually. If any of you want to have a say in the process, please check out the following thread: Suggest a Style: PHPBB3.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

How does this look to you: http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/subsilver2 ? It's pretty similar to the old forum.

Hopefully we will have that particular skin installed soon and then we will get a few more colours eventually. If any of you want to have a say in the process, please check out the following thread: Suggest a Style: PHPBB3.

Muuuuuuch better

77yLQy8.png

They are terrible and lag more realy. The old looks was way better and more inviting not to mention the hide tags are just trash now. Realy bad in my opinion but atleast it's back. But as Muggi said I don't think I'll be posting as much due it's lag and the new style it's just an inconvience.

That is nice but it's still a bit 'large'. I'd like to know why we can't just go back to the old forums unless they got totally messed up.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012