A real test.

eatrunearrow

I have an idea to see just how many people like Runescape the way it is.

As you all know, we are soon getting a new graphical update next month. Many of you know ( and have been annoyed by me ) that I support the return of the wild.

So anyway what my idea is..

Make new complete game with the new graphics. This game shall be known as Runescape 3

And just like classic , players will have the option to choose to keep their items in RS 2 or move them to RS 3.

However, in Runescape 2 , the trade limit will be lifted, and bounty hunter will be deleted and the wild will be returned.

Runescape 3= New graphics and keep the updates.

Runescape 2= Graphics as of right now, no trade limit, and Wild back.

Which game do you people honestly think will have more players? I know this isn't "realistic" due to "RWT" but I could care less about RWT. IMO you're a moron if you got your credit card stolen, and the whole game shouldn't suffor because of idiots.

Eatrunearrow.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we could care less about pures like you who insist on living with the past.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

IMO you're a moron if you got your credit card stolen, and the whole game shouldn't suffor because of idiots.

So, you're saying that the hundreds of thousands of people who had their credit card numbers stolen from TJ Maxx's parent company's central database are all morons for using their credit cards to purchase stuff at a store? :roll:

failyoda.gif

newge4.png

This is such a silly topic.

It isn't even a debate. This is almost as if you are making the same transition from RS to RS2. Of course people is going to play the new one because of graphics, wild, trade etc and of course this will not happen because of RWT. So what is there to debate?

It seems as though the true debate is the stolen credit cards.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Probably not, a graphical update can' t make a whole new Rune Scape. Besides, JAGeX fought so hard againts RWTing that they wouldn' t give them the luxury of botting again.

Atleast that' s how I think, but then RS 2 and RS 3 would really be different, RS 3 would be the game for laid back skillers or monster killers and RS 2 would be for the hardcore pvp fighters.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Do people even read those development diary thingys? :roll:

Jagex would be forced to disable credit card payment (Rendering hundreds of thousands of people unable to pay) or worse yet, shut down Runescape if they did not stop RWT. Runescape with a modified version of PKing is better then no Runescape. And, like hundreds of thousands of others, I really don't miss PKing much. Yes, I had a pure etc. etc. etc, but the wildy was full of no honor, one itemers that PJed you every time you got a kill, and tried to lure\backstab\team\pile you at every turn. Its not coming back, and I think the "silent majority" really doesn't mind that much. Sure, the week of the updates the entire rants forum was filled with angry PKers, but now for every "bring the wildy back" rant is 10 people copying and pasting some mostly inn accurate widely spread list of why its not coming back. Common sense is prevailing, even if it is in the form of blindly following and copying anyone who sounds intelligent.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Here's a better idea, Jagex can not make an RS3, and the pures who want their own special version of Runescape can...stop playing because it isn't going to happen!

It's a perfect idea, and everyone will come out happy. Well, everyone that matters anyway.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

IMO you're a moron if you got your credit card stolen, and the whole game shouldn't suffor because of idiots.

that has nothing to do with why the wild, RWT, or unbalanced is gone. :?

many of the j mods have clearly stated that they're not going to bring back the wild or spoon feed you pures with updates that'll imitate the wilderness.

What? Of course people would choose the one with the wild, no trade limit, etc. There's a difference, though, between what you want and what is possible. Your "RS3" thing cannot happen, regardless of what people desire. Why is that hard to understand?

Also, in your last line where you called people idiots, you spelled "suffer" wrong.

obviously 'RSC3' will have more people playing as most Pker's will quit when they run out of skillers to make their potions, smith their armour and cook their food.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Shut up you moron.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa.

So instead of coming back with a noteworthy reply you went straight for the 'lets get nasty and personal' option. Outstanding.

If anyone has bothered to read and understand the detailed Development Diary on this subject, they would understand why the changes were made and also why they'll never revert them.

Its a shame that even after eight months, people are still refusing accept that those changes and the ongoing development of this game are anything other than permanent.

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Shut up you moron.

Nice to know there's still pures to remind us that most of them were immature trolls.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

have you any idea how much of a bloody re-vamp would be required to do that? and besides, if they made a RS3, revamped RS2 to allow trading etc all we'd have to do is trade then send ourselfs off to RS3 to live a nice jolly life in high graphics. its not a very planned out rant. if 85%+ can move on from that im pritty sure you can. you want wildy? go out and do me, jagex and other fellow players a favor and go on a ban-hammer spree and sue all the RWT companies and bots. if not then face it theres only 2 options: adapt or quit. and were NOT holding you to runescape by the leash, if we did i'd be inhumane and make you beg for food. :shame:

EDIT: tecnically/physically the wilderness still exists...

Popoto.~<3

Shut up you moron.

Nice to know there's still pures to remind us that most of them were immature trolls.

Shut up you moron.

And for the record, should any updates / changes be reverted - Or the chance to live in the past be granted; I'd take RS over RS2 any day.

Current RS is just a flawed copy of a flawed copy...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Shut up you moron.

Nice to know there's still some people that don't enjoy staring at their virtual character whacking a tree for hours? Honestly, if they took out skilling, all you skillers would have your whitie tities in a bunch too.

Eatrunearrow.png

You know, they never removed the Wilderness. It's still there.

As for choosing, I'd choose "RS2" for the trade limit removal, personally. But I'd bet more would move on to "RS3." Probably I'd play both.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Nice to know there's still some people that don't enjoy staring at their virtual character whacking a tree for hours? Honestly, if they took out skilling, all you skillers would have your whitie tities in a bunch too.

Too bad, so sad. If you don't enjoy grinding, you should've never started playing an MMO in the first place, especially Runescape which is pretty much the king of endless grinding.

It's a fine double edged sword when talking about taking away skilling. I may have invested 5 years into this game, but I will still drop it like a rock and not look back if they'd removed my favorite aspect instead of sitting around for 6 months crying about it, a personality feature that most of the ex-Edgeville pkers (Yes, I said the Edgeville pkers. The real pkers aren't this immature and have either moved on or left the game) seem to be lacking. And what would removing skilling but keeping pking accomplish? No more food, armour, weapons (With obvious exceptions), quests, mini-games. You'd have a clone of the thousands of MMO's that Korea pumps out every year, but way less interesting, more basic, and with a player base too young to reach the steering wheel.

The argument that is used against skillers about removing skilling is a moot point because, no matter how you look at it, it's not going to happen. Wilderness pking was expendable, skilling was not. Oh and let's not forget all of those top pkers and stakers who were banned over the past few years for buying and selling gold (Whoops, did I bring that up? :shame: )

I have to say, with the updates that have happened, it's good to know that the Edgeville pkers are always there ready to protest. Protesting against luring being made impossible, against scamming being all but gone, drop trading between their main and pure being impossible, banning big pkers and stakers for real world trading, removing the glitch on the Granite Maul that let you kill someone almost instantly, no longer being able to camp the abyss. I even saw a group of pkers protesting at the fight pits (after the killing spree) using that as a reason to bring back the wilderness pking.

If there's a rule to be broken, or a player to be scammed, or a reason to act like five year olds, they'll be there. When the cry goes out for immature ranting, nonsensical "riots", and threats of "lol i qit", they'll be there. And six months from now on December 10th, the one year anniversary, there will probably be another riot because, you guessed it, they'll still be there. Ready to be banned and muted en masse. Ready to use words like "Ruinedscape" and "[bleep]ex". Ready to type "@" over and over and over to get their point across. Ready to question Jagex's right to stop them from buying gold. Ready to make references to players like Durial as heroes. Ready to wear pink skirts and drop fires and random clothes in a lame attempt to lag the servers to crashing.

Shut up you moron.

Thanks for proving my point. And if Runescape is such a flawed copy, why are you here? Is logic really that difficult for you to utilize when deciding your daily activities? I don't visit the neopets website every day to complain about how much the game sucks, so why would people keep doing that on the RSOF and TIF? It defies all logical thinking aside from them just being immature trolls with very little else to do with their lives.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Too bad, so sad. If you don't enjoy grinding, you should've never started playing an MMO in the first place, especially Runescape which is pretty much the king of endless grinding.

It's a fine double edged sword when talking about taking away skilling. I may have invested 5 years into this game, but I will still drop it like a rock and not look back if they'd removed my favorite aspect instead of sitting around for 6 months crying about it, a personality feature that most of the ex-Edgeville pkers (Yes, I said the Edgeville pkers. The real pkers aren't this immature and have either moved on or left the game) seem to be lacking. And what would removing skilling but keeping pking accomplish? No more food, armour, weapons (With obvious exceptions), quests, mini-games. You'd have a clone of the thousands of MMO's that Korea pumps out every year, but way less interesting, more basic, and with a player base too young to reach the steering wheel.

The argument that is used against skillers about removing skilling is a moot point because, no matter how you look at it, it's not going to happen. Wilderness pking was expendable, skilling was not. Oh and let's not forget all of those top pkers and stakers who were banned over the past few years for buying and selling gold (Whoops, did I bring that up? :shame: )

I have to say, with the updates that have happened, it's good to know that the Edgeville pkers are always there ready to protest. Protesting against luring being made impossible, against scamming being all but gone, drop trading between their main and pure being impossible, banning big pkers and stakers for real world trading, removing the glitch on the Granite Maul that let you kill someone almost instantly, no longer being able to camp the abyss. I even saw a group of pkers protesting at the fight pits (after the killing spree) using that as a reason to bring back the wilderness pking.

If there's a rule to be broken, or a player to be scammed, or a reason to act like five year olds, they'll be there. When the cry goes out for immature ranting, nonsensical "riots", and threats of "lol i qit", they'll be there. And six months from now on December 10th, the one year anniversary, there will probably be another riot because, you guessed it, they'll still be there. Ready to be banned and muted en masse. Ready to use words like "Ruinedscape" and "[bleep]ex". Ready to type "@" over and over and over to get their point across. Ready to question Jagex's right to stop them from buying gold. Ready to make references to players like Durial as heroes. Ready to wear pink skirts and drop fires and random clothes in a lame attempt to lag the servers to crashing.

Shut up you moron.

Thanks for proving my point. And if Runescape is such a flawed copy, why are you here? Is logic really that difficult for you to utilize when deciding your daily activities? I don't visit the neopets website every day to complain about how much the game sucks, so why would people keep doing that on the RSOF and TIF? It defies all logical thinking aside from them just being immature trolls with very little else to do with their lives.

nice ;)

Maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

Volleyball... THE BEST SPORT EVER!!!

visage drop:22/06/08

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

barrows drops: none!

dragon drops: skirt x3, med x1.

IF this happened, I'd say it would go about 70/30. 70 being for the new graphics. There weren't as many PKer's as everyone thought. Besides, any new players would choose graphics as they wouldn't know what they were missing. Other than that, I'm going to have to agree with most people here and say quit dragging your feet and leave if you don't like the game anymore. :|

How bout Runescape 2.5

Graphical update with the trade limit and Pking in the Wilderness gone. Starting to sound like WOW one world is safe and the other you can kill.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Honestly, if they took out skilling, all you skillers would have your whitie tities in a bunch too.

Let me just point out that since attack, strength, defense, hitpoints, range, magic, and prayer are technically skills, removing skilling would also remove combat. Then what would we do?

If "skilling" but not combat skills were removed, where would the armor, food, arrows, and weapons come from?

But the counter-point: aren't many of these things easily available from monster drops or stores? Of course, things like prayer potions and super sets and cooked sharks are nearly impossible to obtain in large amounts without someone to make them, the prices would be absolutely absurd.

Face it, PKers sort of need skillers, but skillers don't necessarily need PKers. There are plenty of non-PKers willing to buy those foods and potions, but in a skill-less world, where do the PKers get the things they need?

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif