Achievement Capes' Respect

Pat_61

Skill capes don't deserve any respect. Anyone can get any of them, if they have enough time, and they don't require any work at all to achieve. Yeah, I can sit on my butt and click a mouse button. Big deal. So can any person of any age anywhere.

I'm not condoning talking down/mocking others with skill capes, but I don't think people with them deserve or should expect any respect for being able to click.

I agree. Nothing that anyone has ever done in the history of the human race deserves any respect, because someone else could have done it somehow.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but fm gets you carpel tunnel from all the clicking

Urgh, agreed. So far I've been Firemaking 2-3 hours a day for nearly a month and it's murder on the hands, yet I'm still only lvl 95, it's just non-stop clicking (2 clicks per fire) with the only respite being the 3 seconds it takes to run to the bank after each load. Thankfully at least in 10 more days I'll have be finished with this nightmare, no way I've ever going for another 99 that lacks a "Make X" option.

blazesigbq9.jpg

As far as I'm concerned there's three sort of "categories" as far as capes go.

Hard ones, medium ones, and not-exactly-as-hard-as-the-rest ones.

Hard ones being the ones like Prayer, Slayer, Farming, Agility, etc. that take a long time, and are expensive.

Medium ones being ones such as Woodcutting, Fishing, Crafting, etc. which take a long time, but won't necessarily break the bank.

And then there are the "easy" ones like Cooking (post Cook x), Fletching, etc. that can just be bought if you have the money and a week or two to set aside.

cheapshot_u.png

www.thewaythetruth.com

xSog Bagetx

Who cares about what others think about your cape if you slogged for it? If it gave you a sense of achievement, then that is the best compliment there is.

I am working towards 99 strength and cooking, not even halfway for strength and 1/4 for cooking, yet i still am slogging (struggling with the money to buy the 99... lol) daily towards my goals. In fact, i am racing a rl friend to 99 cooking. If i do ever get there, I don't care about the cape a lot, I will be happy that i worked hard for my goal.

(note that i am not saying that the cooking 99 is easy.)

Personally, I believe all skill capes deserve equal respect. For me, Fletching and Cooking, are actually hard skills. I have to just sit there and watch the screen. It's boring. I prefer skills such as mining and smithing (which I'm currently working on getting 99 in =]) because you mine, which is involved. You are actively moving, and then afterwords, you get a bit of a break from movement and clicking while smelting. Many skillcapes receive bad treatment because the general body, who doesn't have a single skillcape (like me) don't realize how much effort actually went into getting or else is going based on somebody Else's opinion. That is exactly what it is, an opinion. If you feel good about what you have achieved, then you should feel proud of it, and not let someone else bring you down.

Just my two cent's worth though.

lightningsig-1.jpg

Range does not require attention, and doesn't cost money. Just go to greater demons in the ogre enclave with bone bolts.

All skill capes should be respected. I certainly wouldn't be bothered to get 99 fletching or cooking, it so boring, they deserve respect for enduring that.

Range does not require attention, and doesn't cost money. Just go to greater demons in the ogre enclave with bone bolts.

All skill capes should be respected. I certainly wouldn't be bothered to get 99 fletching or cooking, it so boring, they deserve respect for enduring that.

THANK YOU!

Fletching is boring as hell, I downright hate it.

Why I got it to 87? I want the cape so I can have future capes trimmed. And I dont completely lose money either.

GG.gif

:geek: honestly, agility and slayer are the most high matenence skills and thus to me best but i think all skillcapes require attenttion and cash, and hunter is one of the best 99s to me

examine info:Retro704, your ally from the alley. wait...WTF???

retro704.gif

Dragon Drops: Spear (8/21/08)

:geek: honestly, agility and slayer are the most high matenence skills and thus to me best but i think all skillcapes require attenttion and cash, and hunter is one of the best 99s to me

Technically, yes. You buy equipment for every skil, but hunter is fun, but gives alot of xp.

GG.gif

Nearly all combat skills, Fletching,Thieving, Cooking, Hunter and Firemaking are not even close to being hard. The majority of them are afk, and those that aren't can be raised quickly if you have the money. To me the hardest skills ingame are Runecrafting, Slayer, Agility and Mining.

I'd like to see you afk steel dragons or gargoyles on a slayer task tbh ;) sure you can afk them at fast exp places and yes, they are quick to train if you go for the fast moneyless way

However if you slay the levels the exp rate is much lower and is more profitable, Agility, thieving, mining, farming, runecraft, slayer and herblore are the skills that are most respected IMO since you have to pay attention and they take several months to get if you choose the most profitable method.

wee_man317.png

I don't really respect any skill capes except perhaps the Quest Cape. You can get a 99 in a skill if you spend enough time on the skill. A lot of people don't have that much time to dedicate to a game. The Quest Cape, however, means that you did take the time to complete all the quests and you work hard completing them as they come out. Yeah, it doesn't make sense, but I think skill capes are overrated anyway, and now I'm going to get flamed.

I don't really respect any skill capes except perhaps the Quest Cape. You can get a 99 in a skill if you spend enough time on the skill. A lot of people don't have that much time to dedicate to a game. The Quest Cape, however, means that you did take the time to complete all the quests and you work hard completing them as they come out. Yeah, it doesn't make sense, but I think skill capes are overrated anyway, and now I'm going to get flamed.

I won't flame you, but I will say this. Although the quest cape is an achievement, some skills capes can be just as much of an achievement. Even the skills that you can buy up such as herblore are more of an achievement than the quest cape. In order to get herblore up you need money, and in order to get money you have to know your way around the game, and perhaps ways around the G.E.

Although, in my opinion a quest cape cannot be compared all that well with a skill cape because they are two completely different things.

Stellactic.gif

Skill capes don't deserve any respect. Anyone can get any of them, if they have enough time, and they don't require any work at all to achieve. Yeah, I can sit on my butt and click a mouse button. Big deal. So can any person of any age anywhere.

I'm not condoning talking down/mocking others with skill capes, but I don't think people with them deserve or should expect any respect for being able to click.

why do you even play runescape? leave please...

Y_Z.png

in the future untrimmed summon (because noone has it yet but if someone has it)

atm untrimmed slay

i respect every skillcape, everyone that has one put a lot of time and dedication into training the skill and that's something to be proud of and to be respected (imo). ofcourse some are harder to get and are respected more, but everyone of them is an achievement (imo).

in the future untrimmed summon (because noone has it yet but if someone has it)

atm untrimmed slay

i respect every skillcape, everyone that has one put a lot of time and dedication into training the skill and that's something to be proud of and to be respected (imo). ofcourse some are harder to get and are respected more, but everyone of them is an achievement (imo).

i think around 5 people have achived 99 summoning untrimed and i know 1 person has done it twice on 2 different chars

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009