Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

imo, cod5 for wii>cod4 for 360

just funner tbh, and yes i have played cod4 alot at friends houses

I agree, same here.

But it seems to be the Wii players that are the ones always complaining about lack of maps, or campers, or overpowered guns.

That's because no one seems to want to give the Wii a chance when realistically it's the system with the most potential.

So much potential that there's no space for patches or updates?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, same here.

But it seems to be the Wii players that are the ones always complaining about lack of maps, or campers, or overpowered guns.

That's because no one seems to want to give the Wii a chance when realistically it's the system with the most potential.

Owned, in the face.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I agree, same here.

im not complaining about campers or overpowerd guns, but we dont get 5 of the maps, and 2 of the missions.. or nazi zombies..

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

For me, it's the guns and the maps. I am Tired of shooting games using WWII. So I guess it is the time period for me too. But Cod6 will be even better than 4&5 combined \'

Theres alot of pressure on MW2 to be amazing and better than COD4 but i dont think it will be because im expecting so much from it :roll:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

I agree, same here.

The Wii suffers from a lack of profit potential so is ignored by Treyarch; 18 rated games do not do well on the Wii due to the family target audience. I also fail to see the potential when its running on hardware comparable to the PS2. By all accounts the controls are already good, and thats the only thing the Wii version has that could be improved.

The controls are innovative for innovations sake and are not superior to the tried and tested control pad or mouse and keyboard. Its just "different"; if you like waving a remote rather than manipulating an analogue stick then thats fine.

For me, it's the guns and the maps. I am Tired of shooting games using WWII. So I guess it is the time period for me too. But Cod6 will be even better than 4&5 combined \'

Theres alot of pressure on MW2 to be amazing and better than COD4 but i dont think it will be because im expecting so much from it :roll:

Yeah, But some guns are returning like the skorpian :D woooohoo.Hopefully camo for your guns returns that would be awesome :thumbup: I almost have the digital for the Mini Uzi \'

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

I agree, same here.

The console has potential, you [wagon]. You're trying to compare the PS1 to the PS3, everything improves over time. Don't be such a [bleep].

I dont understand what you're trying to say here. How can there be the most potential in a console with outdated hardware and a lacking online system? From what I gather Treyarch already pushed the Wii about as far as it can go by transferring the cod4 engine to it. How much more improvement can be made to it? I doubt things like Wii motion plus or whatever are going to make a difference to cod5.

I asked for reasons why the Wii has potential, you have yet to say anything of the sort. Is this because you can't think of any, or just simply because it doesn't have any more potential than the other 2 consoles?

I asked for reasons why the Wii has potential, you have yet to say anything of the sort. Is this because you can't think of any, or just simply because it doesn't have any more potential than the other 2 consoles?

The controls themselves are reason enough - the Wii could be the first step to those games you see in futuristic shows that show people putting on suits and fighting people.

In their current form the controls are not superior, their just different. So the console's potential is only to lead to other consoles in the (most likely distant) future?

That could be said about the other 2 as well, e.g the PS3 has brought Blu Ray meaning more data will be able to be stored on discs in future consoles, the 360 brought the idea of a strong unified online service, acheivements, etc.

The controls themselves are reason enough - the Wii could be the first step to those games you see in futuristic shows that show people putting on suits and fighting people.

In their current form the controls are not superior, their just different. So the console's potential is only to lead to other consoles in the (most likely distant) future?

That could be said about the other 2 as well, e.g the PS3 has brought Blu Ray meaning more data will be able to be stored on discs in future consoles, the 360 brought the idea of a strong unified online service, acheivements, etc.

I find that the main problem is that Nintendo refuses to orient it towards serious gamers. With a bteter online system, the Wii would be amazing.

Nintendo need to ditch the friend code system or make it one code per system.

I find that the main problem is that Nintendo refuses to orient it towards serious gamers. With a bteter online system, the Wii would be amazing.

Agreed. Nintendo could've won this generation hands down if they didn't go so family friendly on us.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

ffs they need to fix cliffside glitch.. so bad that last 20 cliffside games, the marine side won simpyly because they can abuse the glitch first... :x

It is sad that people feel that they need to use that glitch to win. I played my first match on Cliffside in almost a month and almost immediatly 3 people were underneath they stage.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

ffs they need to fix cliffside glitch.. so bad that last 20 cliffside games, the marine side won simpyly because they can abuse the glitch first... :x

It is sad that people feel that they need to use that glitch to win. I played my first match on Cliffside in almost a month and almost immediatly 3 people were underneath they stage.

I played on cliffside for the past week and I have not been killed by one person under the map. Is it just me or was this glitch not common?

On another note, I seem to be getting a little better at HC SnD. Iplayed it in my early levels 1-40 when I just started because that's what all my friends played. Because I was so unexperianced with CoD and the maps, my KD is .29 :lol:. But my last couple games have been +3, +4ish. .29 is terrible lol. All my HC KD are terrible because I'm not too good in HC. But I am level 17 in my 3rd prestige and I am not so bad in HC now. I actually got an artillary in FFA, which for me, is amazing :lol:. My KD overall is .67 and it is constantly on the rise \'.

My cod4 KD is .89 \'

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

I played on cliffside for the past week and I have not been killed by one person under the map. Is it just me or was this glitch not common?

On another note, I seem to be getting a little better at HC SnD. Iplayed it in my early levels 1-40 when I just started because that's what all my friends played. Because I was so unexperianced with CoD and the maps, my KD is .29 :lol:. But my last couple games have been +3, +4ish. .29 is terrible lol. All my HC KD are terrible because I'm not too good in HC. But I am level 17 in my 3rd prestige and I am not so bad in HC now. I actually got an artillary in FFA, which for me, is amazing :lol:. My KD overall is .67 and it is constantly on the rise \'.

My cod4 KD is .89 \'

VERY, VERY common on wii, dont think u can even do on 360/ps3 but like 2-4 ppl on avrage get under map or try...

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

I wasn't killed by anyone who was underneath, but seeing as 3 of 4 people were under the stage it was impossible for my team to win.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Agreed. Nintendo could've won this generation hands down if they didn't go so family friendly on us.

Even adding a microphone would make it a little better, not some stupid Wii speak thing...

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Well lets see.. PS3 came out when Blu Ray was within sony's basic purchase, and the Xbox' internet is nothing more than a server itself, think of it as actual broadband you get, with your Computers running speed on the games you have.

The Wii, I will admit probably isnt 'marketed' as much as the PS3 or Xbox, but it has much more potential.

If I could bullet this it'd be easier..

Controls,

Design,

Brand games really give it a good show, not just proving it's good for one thing or the other.

While the xbox and ps3 have

Better graphics than the previous console

Wireless internet

and well, nothing else.

Anyway, Trying to work on a Ninja-kind of set. The best I can think of is a T100, but that makes me look kinda hypocritical.

Rifles just plain SUCK in normal TDM..

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Christ dont bait the waw fanboys. Not that you're wrong but you expressed it like a [bleep] and without any kind of evidence.

Checked out a stupid thread and found this; made by the CoD4 mega-fanboy.

You do notice everyone backing up CoD5 are the people with the Wii's right?

Infinity Ward suck SO bad they cant even make a Wii port of it, or get another company to help out do it -.-

Btw Valeyard, you're like the only person who posts in this thread who doesnt still / has played 5.

So why dont you shut the [bleep] up and go back to 4's thread, and leave us be? The only reason I posted in 4 was because you were being a flamebait douche.

[bleep] off.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Christ dont bait the waw fanboys. Not that you're wrong but you expressed it like a [bleep] and without any kind of evidence.

Checked out a stupid thread and found this; made by the CoD4 mega-fanboy.

You do notice everyone backing up CoD5 are the people with the Wii's right?

Infinity Ward suck SO bad they cant even make a Wii port of it, or get another company to help out do it -.-

Btw Valeyard, you're like the only person who posts in this thread who doesnt still / has played 5.

So why dont you shut the [bleep] up and go back to 4's thread, and leave us be? The only reason I posted in 4 was because you were being a flamebait douche.

[bleep] off.

If Infinity Ward suck why is your beloved COD:WAW built of the IF engine?