New head of runescape

Enipeus

jagexwc9.jpg

Head of Runescape

Would you like to be responsible for the games development strategy of one of the largest and most popular MMOs in the world?

Jagex Ltd, developer and publisher of browser based online games is looking for an exceptional individual to oversee the games development strategy for the hugely popular MMORPG adventure game, RuneScape.

Reporting to the Head of Studio, the successful candidate will provide leadership and strategic direction to the RuneScape project and the core team development team. They will also be responsible for the commercial performance of the game.

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Jobs/Gam ... nescape.ws

With runescape running under someone else do you think it will benefit the game, or ruin it?

Sure this has been discussed before

But anyway, i think it was found that Andrew needs somebody to run runescape while he heads up jagex overall.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think another project must be in the works to make RuneScape a more separate project like this. I think this means that the whole RS staff are being put in a project much like funorb (if they have not already). To me it just means the game will continue to be developed while they make the game to succeed RuneScape as the flagship project, which must happen eventualy. They are going to fufil the promise of supporting the game for what should now be around another 4.5 years, maybe 4.7 (dont rember when teh 5 years of support was announced).

I wonder many people will say it can't get worse? Maybe we will see some continuation of ongoing plots under new leadership? That would be nice :D

I'm not worried. What happens will happen and we (I) can deal with it or I can't. Not dealing with it would not be a bad thing for me, but continued enjoyment is good to.

jagexwc9.jpg

I must be such a :ugeek:

Did anyone else notice that:

-The blue team seems to be protecting the red base

-They aren't wearing hoods

-Who would wear a water tiara to castle wars?

-And those are awesome weapons, considering it looks like they're wielding steel at best.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

jagexwc9.jpg

-And those are awesome weapons, considering it looks like they're wielding steel at best.

Check the download and wallpapers section on runescape.com and find that wallpaper, you may understand it better then.

Palas1.png

jagexwc9.jpg

Like mensioned before, check the wallpaper stuff on runescape home, it shows the zamorak side bringing in the saradomin flag to the base and the saradomin guys trying to reclaim it. And screw them not wearing hoods, THEY LOOK AWESOME!! :D

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I hope the new head aint a Pker who wants the wild back at any cost....

then im starting a riot! :thumbsup:

I honestly doubt whoever gets the job will even have the faintiest idea what a "pker" is.

keen.png

That person would really need to stink BAD in order to continiue Jagex' continious legacy of fail. Therefore, I forsee a great future for Runescape.

I understand why Andrew wants to have someone else in charge, afterall he started as a gamedesigner. He never wanted to be a manager, but since Runescape became so popular he had to, now he can go back to do what he does best. Design games.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Sure this has been discussed before

it has been, quite a few times iirc

If there is a mod in the house could they think about stickying this one so that we don't get more re-posts in the future? People are going to keep finding out about this news so we might as well keep it up there so all the talk is in one place (just a suggestion btw, no worries if it doesn't happen)

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

I guess the head gonna have to see all the financial and the merchadize. Maybe gower had enough with both improving RuneScript and managing all that too.

I wonder why he doesn't just let one of his brothers take his place tho. :-k

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

guys have u heard that jagex is making a new game and its suppose to be like the opposite of runescape? instead of a game on the theme of the past i think this one is on the future :thumbsup:

this game is called mechscape and i found this on the jagex site which kinda proves that they are developing it

mechscape_3.png

Pemdas14.png

shame on all you people who call others noobs

I guess the head gonna have to see all the financial and the merchadize. Maybe gower had enough with both improving RuneScript and managing all that too.

Lol..... Runescript. Too bad jagex has nothing to do with that.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Wow sorry you're right I thought Runescape were programmed of runescript but runescape has nothing to do with jagex :-k

13Ra3.png

Wow sorry you're right I thought Runescape were programmed of runescript but runescape has nothing to do with jagex :-k

What...?

"runescript" 1. runescript is an IRC stats bot that is owned by spling and run by a few others, such as Micksam7 and Cruiser. It's main aim is to lookup highscores for people who play Runescape

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

There are two types of Runescript......

The original Runescript was a version of Java written by Andrew Gower that he used to code runescape, it is a major factor of the game engin and the technology the game is built off.

I belive all funorb games may also be using Runescript.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I was talking about the RuneScript that it's used for programming RuneScape of course, I understand the confusion.

Andrew constantly updates it by itself, that why I think he may be quitting as main Head of Runescape to be just a leading programmer.

13Ra3.png

jagexwc9.jpg

maybe they are attacking the red base, and it could be a law talisman you dont know

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

Hmm... I think the guy will try to fix the whole PKing aspect. No sane person I know or should know likes BH and no RWT more than PKing and RWT. I would have a few ideas that would likely be a good compromise but then again, I don't feel like having anything to do with leading RuneScape.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.