Hunting or hunter?

erichkiller

So, is it just me or is hunter a really weird name for the skill? I mean, why isn't i called hunting like all the other skills are. I mean u don't train fisherman or chef lol. The only other skill that is like this is slayer but that makes sense cause slaying jussounds wrong. Oh yeah, I'm off to train my priest.

teh_gauss.png

It's not just Hunter that we should be focused about, its why Jagex decided to call Slayer instead of Slaying. Almost every skill before that were in the verb form of the skill. Fishing, Smithing, Runecrafting, Mining. All of a sudden we have Slayer and then Hunter.

I don't know why they did that, typo in the orginal idea and it just stuck perhaps?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

well its hunter for the same reason that you train slayer or attack, when you would be training your attacking skill. Also I dont see the problem with no verb form for skill names there were plenty before slayer

-hitpoints

-attack

-strength

-defence

-magic

-prayer

-agility

-herblore

-ranged kinda

Becides its not like jagex didnt release consruction and then summoning which are both in verb form.

billybobj282.gif

Slaying sounds weird, hunting doesn't. They (being whomever named the skill) probably used slayer as a precedent, even though the same logic doesn't really apply.

With the whole -ing thing at the end, the name was too long?

Because "hunting" is longer than "runecrafting."

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

As long as it doesn't affect how the actual skill works, I don't care what they call a skill.

Hunting would have sounded nicer though. ;)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

well its hunter for the same reason that you train slayer or attack, when you would be training your attacking skill. Also I dont see the problem with no verb form for skill names there were plenty before slayer

-hitpoints

-attack

-strength

-defence

-magic

-prayer

-agility

-herblore

-ranged kinda

Becides its not like jagex didnt release consruction and then summoning which are both in verb form.

Its not that hunter is a noun liek attack or hitpoints, its that i could have been like all the skills in a -ing form(forgot grammatical term) and still sound right. So attack is fine as a noun because u cant have a skill called attacking or herbloring? But hunting unilike slayer couldve ended in -ing.

teh_gauss.png

What's wrong with calling it slaying? It doesn't have to be slayering.

hyt2chatnc3.jpg

oravnik.png

Oravnik.png

Dragon Drops:

1 D Med, Fire Giants task June 3rd, 2008.

Barrows Items:

Karils Crossbow May 25th, 2008.

Treasure Trail Items:

Robin Hood Hat Unsure on date.

Lets look at each skill individually:

The ING:

Fishing

Mining

Woodcutting

Crafting

Smithing

Firemaking

Cooking

Fletching

Thieving

Runecrafting

Farming

Summoning

The ER:

Prayer

Hunter

Slayer

The rest:

Attack

Defence

Strength

Hitpoints

Magic

Ranged

Agility

Construction

Herblore

Theres no problem calling it PrayING, HuntING, or SlayING, so why not just keep it consistant?

It doesn't really matter, does it? Even if they called it Hunting, it'd still be the same.

What can I say, we're obsessed with continuity. But, I agree with you, this really doesn't matter considering two other skills also end with 'er'. If it was an odd one out, then I'd question it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

You can hunt people too. Logic doesn't apply.

"Hunter" is an idiotic name made by idiots. Probably worth a rant more than *insert any bad update other than no wildy and the trade limit*.

You're not a troll at all. =D>

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Exactly what I wondered when Hunter was announced. But tbh I don't really care anymore; it's totally slipped my mind.