DID CLASSIC DIE 7-1-08?

limdogs

RS3 comes out in beta and I cant find the link for classic anywhere. Did they deep 6 it or what?

It would mean pking and staking are officially dead if they did. :( I thought we had until the end of the year.

limdog.png

gratz on finding it and this graphics update isn't RS3, its still RS2

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

I couldn't find a link to it without using Search ... they've been slowly staving off Classic for years now, but without even a link anymore I'm afraid we may be approaching the end. :cry:

Of course, this could just be an error due to the newly designed website, but it really would not surprise me at all if this was intentional.

Here is the direct link if you are too lazy to search for it on rs.com: http://www.runescape.com/classicapplet/playclassic.ws

I couldn't find a link to it without using Search ... they've been slowly staving off Classic for years now, but without even a link anymore I'm afraid we may be approaching the end. :cry:

Of course, this could just be an error due to the newly designed website, but it really would not surprise me at all if this was intentional.

Here is the direct link if you are too lazy to search for it on rs.com: http://www.runescape.com/classicapplet/playclassic.ws

Wow thanks for the link! Yea, I think it was intentional but us die hards always find ways to what we want. I think a lot of people wanted to go to classic today with many people lagging so much.

limdog.png

just played classic yesterday, im not sure but im curious if everyone there is a bot? i tried talking but noone responded lol and it was really really empty, never played rs classic with that little players on the server ,went catherby to fish and just realised how hard it was to fish and get xp back then :P

evilwong.png

just played classic yesterday, im not sure but im curious if everyone there is a bot? i tried talking but noone responded lol and it was really really empty, never played rs classic with that little players on the server ,went catherby to fish and just realised how hard it was to fish and get xp back then :P

Actually theres only a few legit players on classic. Most ppl bot to make money then stake it all away in draynor. I dont even stake mage because its all auto mages and Im not pure soz. I like to merch on classic, but now most of that is even bots. Anyway if you want to talk to live ppl go to draynor server 1 where ppl stake.

limdog.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Classic will be gone some day. It's a shame really. It was so much more fun than rs2.

They completely changed the fundaments of what made classic good.

But the sad reality is that Jagex don't have a reason for keeping classic alive. It doesn't fill their wallets.

• 1 month later...
Classic will be gone some day. It's a shame really. It was so much more fun than rs2.

They completely changed the fundaments of what made classic good.

But the sad reality is that Jagex don't have a reason for keeping classic alive. It doesn't fill their wallets.

Yea.. all the money they make off RS2 and they don't want to keep classic up o.O

• 2 weeks later...

They don't care who's happy, never have... Always changing things and everyone always made the best of it.. Like the big despute of sleeping, but I hated it at first but it was still runescape when everyone knew everyone... I don't think i'll ever play a game knowing people as well as I did while on runescape classic.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

If you played runescape classic everyday all day, you were well known or atleast heard of... I never was anywhere but training or in wildneress, yet I knew people who never stepped foot in the wilderness... But considering I was in the wilderness, I had alot of enemies, though I never backstabbed because I'm a good boy, I was but I didn't care because it just made me want to be there even more to kill that sucka.

I basically acheived all quests and pretty much had money and armor then needed, but runescape in those days were just so fun even though you didn't have a quest or any of reason to play but you had friends who were basically close friends that I was with everyday training/pking with.. I still keep in touch with them just for old talks.. I never forget going to hobs and or bks and seeing fook a ji with rune baxe & sq after 2hs were used lol, he was a funny individual I must say.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

• 2 weeks later...

would be better if they did just close it.

What's left is just a disgrace. Just a group of about 50 autoing individuals, who sit there staking (no one pks anymore), then selling the stuff back for real life cash, or scamming/hacking each other back and fourth.

Playing with the autoers wasn't so bad when there were still 100's of active players, who actually pked, but once they quit pking, and moved on to private servers, there wasn't any point to keep classic around any longer.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

They don't care who's happy, never have... Always changing things and everyone always made the best of it.. Like the big despute of sleeping, but I hated it at first but it was still runescape when everyone knew everyone... I don't think i'll ever play a game knowing people as well as I did while on runescape classic.

i dont think its careing who's happy. people hate change. even if its good. bounty hunter was hated when it first came out. people figured it out and created strategies and then made money. theres still haters of it out there but its a small amount. bh to pking is like rs2 to classic. there always will be haters of rs2 but most people just work with it and figure it out.

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png