Runescape HD Attack of the Clones?

Balazeal

What I've noticed in the new graphically enhanced Runescape is, that almost ALL NPC's have the exact same face! While I was aware of the same thing in Runescape 2, in Runescape 3 (as some call it) the resemblance is a bit eerie. Your thoughts?

Edit: For those who lack the ability to observe detail, I'm talking about the bone structure of the face. Before the bone structure was so generic, it didn't really matter, but now it's much more detailed, and it feels like I'm talking to the same person wearing different costumes.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

What I've noticed in the new graphically enhanced Runescape is, that almost ALL NPC's have the exact same face! While I was aware of the same thing in Runescape 2, in Runescape 3 (as some call it) the resemblance is a bit eerie. Your thoughts?

huh? they look alike?! some have beards, some different hair, facial tattoos (vanakka/genie) so they don't look alike -.-

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

Yeah i don't see any resemblance between any two characters. :-#

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

ya they all have eyes, nose and a mouth they are all clones!

translation:no they dont look the same

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

Ugh, you guys are missing the boat; the characters of the same gender all have the same basic facial feature (think bone structure, nose/eyes/mouth shape, NOT hair/beards) and being more detailed they all seem to look the same. Look really closely at two male character chat heads, OR two female character chat heads.

signature.png

Ugh, you guys are missing the boat; the characters of the same gender all have the same basic facial feature (think bone structure, nose/eyes/mouth shape, NOT hair/beards) and being more detailed they all seem to look the same. Look really closely at two male character chat heads, OR two female character chat heads.

Yes, because that is how most avatars work. A customble default image. The memory/techology for individual or unique avatars would be too much.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

+1 for trying

-2 for failing

-1 overall

I'm not even doing math, I'll make it simple.

Copycats who think they are funny FAIL.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Dude its a beta, you really want jagex to upgrade EVERY character for a beta??

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

beta means a nearly complete thing, this is pretty much the final version

why are you complaining about people looking similar now? previously they all had the same heads made of like a dozen polygons... shaped like angular pumpkins.

fishing.gif

I guess a little...

But I still can't get over that my character looks feminine with stupid hair

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

The basic faces look the same, but there isn't one character that's exactly the same as the other. If Jagex were to change every face shape and eye color they'd be wasting a lot of their time because very few people tend to care for those things. Especially since chatting with NPCs isn't that much of a big deal. The heads look good now, stop complaining. ;)