Why does everyone hate F2P?

The Observer

Why does everyone hate F2P? It seems, no matter where I go, F2P gets bashed beyond comprehension because.. for what? Just because we don't pay for a computer game on the internet? Us F2Pers are just like you P2Pers. The only difference? We don't pay. We are living, breathing human beings that must be at least somewhat respected by the community. Sure, we don't have a dragon full helm or an abyssal whip, but we still are human beings. It really makes me angry that even on Tip.it, F2P bashing occurs. It's like being black during the 1950s. Just stop.

Please keep the F2P bashing posts out of here. Any of them will be reported straight to a moderator.

j0xPu5R.png

Well, not everyone, but allot yes...

I have every respect for F2P players as I do for P2P. Because I used to be F2P... I guess the main reason why people seem to bash F2P is because they find a lot of free players complaining about how they don't receive updates and such, also some think of themselves as higher up in the "Respected" hierarchy because they happen to pay for the game while free players... don't

It's a shame and annoying to see, but shamefully unlike being black in the 1950's, it wont stop.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

It's not like being black. You can't do anything about your skin color short of painting yourself white, but you can become P2P. However, being F2P I must agree. The big reason is probably this: "I paid $5-6 for this ruined game, they didn't. It seems like they still have fun, and I don't. Stupid ässhole F2P!"

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

It's like being black during the 1950s. Just stop.

Sorry,but as far as I know,history FAIL.

I think in regard to your rant,you should think of it our way.You're a P2P'er.You're meeting your F2P friend to buy some of his cowhides.Switching over and meeting in Lumbridge,you get swarmed by 15+ level 3's,each asking you for gold.

How would you feel?Creates a bad impression,right?Historically most conflicts are caused because no one took the proverbial "Walk a mile in each others' shoes" seriously.Brits hated the Franks because they never understood their cultures from across the Channel.

So try to think about how we feel.Of course it'll never change,as long as idiots play the game,so ignore the damn bastards.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Elitist P2P Community, who insist that they were never 'low-life freeloading F2P noobs'.

At least that's my view - read some of the debates about whether F2P should get updates, and you'll see what I mean.

Members are privileged, freeplayers are not. We generally have no problems with one another until the latter feels they're entitled to something, anything.

Of course, I really don't care if they get one or two things. Heck, I've been pushing that they should get Splitbark and Armored boots...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Why does everyone hate F2P? It seems, no matter where I go, F2P gets bashed beyond comprehension because.. for what? Just because we don't pay for a computer game on the internet? Us F2Pers are just like you P2Pers. The only difference? We don't pay. We are living, breathing human beings that must be at least somewhat respected by the community. Sure, we don't have a dragon full helm or an abyssal whip, but we still are human beings. It really makes me angry that even on Tip.it, F2P bashing occurs. It's like being black during the 1950s. Just stop.

Please keep the F2P bashing posts out of here. Any of them will be reported straight to a moderator.

Strange concept for a thread. You ask why people dislike F2Pers, then threaten to report anyone who tells you?

Sorry that you feel persecuted, but there really are entirely valid reasons why F2Pers are disliked.

1. They tend to be younger and more immature than members, overall, because kids are more likely to be unable or unwilling to pay. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it's simply true.

2. The "disposable" nature of free accounts means more people use them for spamming and other types of antisocial behavior.

3. Too many F2Pers act like spoiled brats who, rather than being grateful that they get to play a good game for free, act like they are entitled to this or that, or whine that it's "not fair" that they don't get updates that they aren't even contributing to the cost of programming.

As for respect, that's earned -- it's not a right.

Finally, your comparison to "being black in the 1950s" is insulting and stupid. Nobody can help their color, but most F2Pers *can* pay to support the game and get the features they want -- they simply don't want to. Choose your priorities and live with the consequences.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You'd be surprised at the amount of immature members there are. Go to GWD and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I think Free-players are discriminated against because they don't pay, yet some expect to get a better treatment. My opinion is that beggars can't be choosers. They should be grateful about all the stuff Jagex opened up for them. I don't mind if they get updates, but when they complain that they don't get enough then that is what irks me.

I'm afraid I must agree with Qeltar here. Most of the things he says is true. Though I'm a pure F2Per, generally I don't go around being a complete noob to people, hence earning respect. Even here on the forums, I'll try to earn respect as long as others are willing to give it.

I've rarely come across someone who hated me for being F2P, but rather for my ideas/thoughts here.

Too true though, I do also see many a member bashing F2P for simple reasons like they don't pay, they shouldn't get to play, or receive updates and so on and so forth.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

He asked why people disliked F2P players. You don't have to generalize and trash talk f2p players to answer the question. You completely twisted what he said.

I guess there are valid reasons why some f2p players are disliked, but most of the reasons seem to pertain to the younger more immature players who are typically low leveled.

tfssig.png

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=731781

That's probably why.

why does jagex have to go and give a new mebers-only skill. there is almost nothing new with f2p and they go and give more stuff to members.

Of course they give stuff to members, they're the ones who pay for this game. I think p2p generally looks down on f2p because of the MANY threads like this, where f2p believes they should get something they do not pay for. They get the game as the free version, and they should be happy. They don't have to give ANYTHING for that version. Yet they complain.

Blakdragon39.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=731781

That's probably why.

why does jagex have to go and give a new mebers-only skill. there is almost nothing new with f2p and they go and give more stuff to members.

Of course they give stuff to members, they're the ones who pay for this game. I think p2p generally looks down on f2p because of the MANY threads like this, where f2p believes they should get something they do not pay for. They get the game as the free version, and they should be happy. They don't have to give ANYTHING for that version. Yet they complain.

Still though, they shouldn't generalize us all in the "begging F2P" category. I mean, sure even I have posted that I think we should get skill capes, but there is a difference in F2Per's asking for things that would actually be useful for us and F2Per's asking for just things in general; "just for the hell of it".

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Strange concept for a thread. You ask why people dislike F2Pers, then threaten to report anyone who tells you?

What I mean is if people post senseless spam and flaming towards F2Pers. Like, "F2P players are no life trash" or something like that.

Sorry,but as far as I know,history FAIL.

It's an analegy (sp?). We are prejudiced against just because we're F2P. Similar to that thought.

j0xPu5R.png

1. They tend to be younger and more immature than members, overall, because kids are more likely to be unable or unwilling to pay. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it's simply true.
Younger, yes. Immature? Definitely not true. I have been F2P and P2P and I can tell you, maturity level do not differ (by much)

2. The "disposable" nature of free accounts means more people use them for spamming and other types of antisocial behavior.
So it's actually stuck up members that are causing havoc. And you blame the F2Pers...

3. Too many F2Pers act like spoiled brats who, rather than being grateful that they get to play a good game for free, act like they are entitled to this or that, or whine that it's "not fair" that they don't get updates that they aren't even contributing to the cost of programming.
In my experience, it is the members who whine most, despite the fact they're outnumbered many times over by the non-members.

but most F2Pers *can* pay to support the game and get the features they want -- they simply don't want to.
If they love the game so, why wouldn'tthey pay for the members version which is a lot better? Most free players actually can't support the game due to real life circumstances

I think in regard to your rant,you should think of it our way.You're a P2P'er.You're meeting your F2P friend to buy some of his cowhides.Switching over and meeting in Lumbridge,you get swarmed by 15+ level 3's,each asking you for gold.
This never happens. I speak from experience. As a level 100 (high for F2P standards) parading around F2P with full saradomin armour and private chat on, I was never annoyed or harrased for money or help by anyone.

It seems that you members go into F2P lumbridge on a crowded world wearing full infinity and expect people not to ask you questions

The_Maddest.png

Ahh. The_Maddest, I like you. You actually make sense. ;)

I stand by his opinions - but of course, they don't amount to much, considering I am a member of 'noobish F2P'.

I would pay for members - but with my parents current financial difficulties (£600 in debt), they can't afford it.

I agree with Maddest. I used to walk around with Full Zamorak and never have I been begged. In addition to that thought, I saw many P2Pers purposely walk around in F2P Lumbridge wearing full dragon with a godsword saying, "Oooh, look at me! I'm so rich!" :?

j0xPu5R.png

I agree with Maddest. I used to walk around with Full Zamorak and never have I been begged. In addition to that thought, I saw many P2Pers purposely walk around in F2P Lumbridge wearing full dragon with a godsword saying, "Oooh, look at me! I'm so rich!" :?

I walked around in a green mask and my friend in a red. NOBODY was begging us for money.

tfssig.png

It's like being black during the 1950s. Just stop

Okay way to far....

OT: its discrimination which is no doubt fueled by peoples sterotypes of F2pers which are often incorrect, that said however i think your more likely to find a immature F2per than a P2per (not saying that immature p2pers dont exist, there are thousands) and that is probaly what leads to the sterotypes.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Actually my friend, I am F2P and I must say not everyone, just the loud minority hates F2P. Just like the loud idiotic F2P minority.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

People should not generalize F2P as beggars, scammers, etc. Does 1 bad apple make them all bad? No. When you first signed up for RS you weren't automatically a member. If you call F2P scum and things, thats a shame. Your no better than anyone for paying for an online game.

Though F2P need to realize that they can't have everything. They, we, should realize that we should be more than happy for these things.

P.S. I am a member

GG.gif

queltar u r only thinking of the lumby newbs/noobs etc. wat about ppl u find mature in the community. some even here in tip it.

my thinking of this is

p2p : damn these f2pers sure have fun and they get all these updates without playing...

Well truth be told there is a higher level of imaturity in free worlds. It is very easy to ignore this how ever and have good interactions with the respectable free players. But many people chose to unfairly aply the sterotype of the low leveled and imature free player to the entire population. This generaly makes them feel better about themselves, fasely thinking that they are better than and entire population of players simply by paying for membership.

I am a free player and I have meet many other decent free players and many rude members. But for me it is more common to see a mature member and a rude free player. These sterotypes should not be aplied to a whole population.

To awnser your question simply: They do it to make themselves feel better by pretending that they are of a "higher class" of players.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

People should not generalize F2P as beggars, scammers, etc. Does 1 bad apple make them all bad? No. When you first signed up for RS you weren't automatically a member. If you call F2P scum and things, thats a shame. Your no better than anyone for paying for an online game.

Though F2P need to realize that they can't have everything. They, we, should realize that we should be more than happy for these things.

P.S. I am a member

haha i was a non-member much longer then i was a member. I dont dislike people right off the bat. If I see a lvl 3 begging for money, Ill make him do an errand for me and Ill give him money. most of the time If i didnt want to deal with that sort of atmosphere I wouldnt simply log on to a f2p world (duh). also as i glaced down, I saw someone say that f2p DONT pay for the game. Well that not technically true. They have to deal with ads. The more hits/views that these ads get, the more money jagex gets. To my knowledge, there are more f2p accounts (be they spammer account or mains) then p2p thus they could account for more revenue then p2p.

--------

Sorry that you feel persecuted, but there really are entirely valid reasons why F2Pers are disliked.

As for respect, that's earned -- it's not a right.

Finally, your comparison to "being black in the 1950s" is insulting and stupid. Nobody can help their color, but most F2Pers *can* pay to support the game and get the features they want -- they simply don't want to. Choose your priorities and live with the consequences.

That about sums up my thought of the author of this thread.

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

F2P bashing occurs. It's like being black during the 1950s. Just stop.

There's one reason I hate f2p'ers, because of people like you who compare yourselves to minorities having no rights when it comes to not having updates or being harassed by p2p'ers.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I've been f2p, then member, then f2p again, member again and so on. Switched many times. Maybe the maturity isn't very different, but members seem to better understand what's going on in runescape. I am a player moderator, and I have no problems with that in p2p, however I'm kinda afraid to speak while in f2p, because no matter what I say I'll get bombarded with "what that crown means??????", "c4n u mak me rich", "do u get phree stuff from jegex" and other stuff like that... :wall:

2qcigdz.png