"A new age is coming"

@Dan3HitU

This has been said on the YouTube video Jagex posted as a description to the new RuneScape HD, but I'm also sure I read it on their website too something about "a new age".

We're currently in the 5th age, so did Jagex actually mean anything about a "new age", what's your thoughts?

I don't know, Theres frozen doors all over the Scape at the moment so this could involve the new age, im curious to see what is going to happen next.

And i have many unanswered questions like why is there frozen demons in godwars but no demons in the main room? will they be behind that frozen door.

I dont know what an new age could bring, theres the machine in the Pollniveach Slayer Dungeon, theres the frozen doors, The Mahjarrat, maybe a future quest in those will show us.

have to wait and see.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I can't see any way they can move onto another age in an MMO...... it's possible but I highly doubt it.

it would requrie having every quest done before you can start new ones, but then there will be intragation issues. #-o

sig2webzx7.jpg

The New Age is probably just referring to the HD graphics, I don't think there's anything else that they class as a new age.

I think so too. Jagex most probably meant that RS with the new HD graphics have stepped into a new age :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Ditto

By Jagex's own admission, the time on RS has been the year 169 of the 5th age since RSC...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

It's quite possiable we could be moving into the 6th age.

Aren't there numerous groups in Runescape trying to resserect gods?

In all honesty I think Jagex is planning something huge for Runescape/Lumbridge. Have any of you read Mod Marks post? He says something about Lumbridge being attacked by a dragon, possibly linked to Elvarg. I think they're planning to go in with a huge quest, and go out with a huge quest. Also, looking at the Banner there's a Dragon attacking an Island. Unless Lumbrdige breaks away from the map, It raises a few questions. Eithere that's a massive Dragon, or That's not lumbridge.

In my eyes, the Ultimate Update would come up with a Monster quest, and have you sail away from the first Island. Entering the New Age

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Unless Lumbrdige breaks away from the map

I think you've got it without actually knowing :o

They've said Tutorial Island would go and people would start at Lumbridge, maybe they'll split Lumby from the rest of the Map and that's what the Dragon's attacking, after all they did say you should be able to go back to where you started, and by this they would mean Lumby as that's the new "tutorial".

I dunno about a new age, they never REALLY happen because htey come so slowly that runesape adapts to the change and noone notices..

What i do know is that runescape has become insanely boring and theres nothing that is ACTUALLY fun in it anymore. maybe the new age is mindless pointless minigames,..

This has been said on the YouTube video Jagex posted as a description to the new RuneScape HD, but I'm also sure I read it on their website too something about "a new age".

We're currently in the 5th age, so did Jagex actually mean anything about a "new age", what's your thoughts?

Imo I think they meant a new age in graphics, not storyline. I could be wrong.

Can any1 explain whats 5th age? ... it mean Middle Age?

I dont want mechscape ::'

No, it's just different ages in the story of Runescape. I belive the 1st age would be Guthix creating this world and etc...

16185_s.gif

I just think they meant a new age of graphics and game play. Not actual storyline or items or areas unlocked or anything like that.

Could be horribly wrong, but that's just what I got from it.

*Edit* - Oops, put to death already said this. Shoulda just quoted and agreed.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Possibly - what with the Staff of Armadyl in the banner, the Mahjarrat moving to the north to battle, signs that Zaros may return, a second God Wars.

A new age may becoming.

I dispute that the staff on the banner is the staff of Armadyl, it looks nothing like the updated pic of the staff in the museum.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Possibly - what with the Staff of Armadyl in the banner, the Mahjarrat moving to the north to battle, signs that Zaros may return, a second God Wars.

A new age may becoming.

I dispute that the staff on the banner is the staff of Armadyl, it looks nothing like the updated pic of the staff in the museum.

yah i dont see where people get this either. the staff is too straight.

billybobj282.gif

l4z3r gunz pl0x?

yeah, but seriously, i'd like to see maybe even a MORE modern spellbook and some heavier armor?

-and there was a post in the rsof, about 2 years ago, where a level 126 claimed to have seen a jmod with a "staff he had never seen before" (it was on a thread titled "Ever seen a J-mod?"

too bad a screenie never showed up

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I reckon it's just used in a different sense.

"A new age of technology in our RuneScape advancements" or something like that.

Maybe, I honestly don't know. Interesting find though.

/agree

my thoughts exactly on that one.

sig.gif

Crazy Old Man.

R.I.P The Old Nite. My Mentor and Brother.

He taught me how to play the game.

Unless Lumbrdige breaks away from the map

I think you've got it without actually knowing :o

They've said Tutorial Island would go and people would start at Lumbridge, maybe they'll split Lumby from the rest of the Map and that's what the Dragon's attacking, after all they did say you should be able to go back to where you started, and by this they would mean Lumby as that's the new "tutorial".

I just had an epiphany. You know the banner? Well, isnt it someone sailing on a boat, twords an island being attacked by a dragon? And isnt there going to be a new reward from tutorial island? AND havent jagex mod been saying "i wonder what cape and staff the mage on the banner has on..". This is fishy. Maybe somthing new for ftp'ers? Guess we will find out in the next few weeks ^_^

@Noble: I heard about that, and i think it was the ancient staff he was refering to. Thats roughly when DT came out.

LOL