"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Managed to get with a girl tonight - chatting with a her and a friend. The power of smooth talk and compliments ;D

Shall lead on to better things :)

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Interesting day yesterday. I haven't been able to talk to the girl I like much for a few weeks because she can't text anymore and hasn't been on the computer much. So yesterday after seeing Inception me and some friends managed to run into her and a group of friends at the mall. We were talking and I said we should hang out more, she agrees and says shes free all next week so she'll get on Facebook and we'll try to set up something to hang out. So my friend Greasy suggests that we have it be her, me, him, and the girl he likes (they're essentially going out, not official yet or something). Basically we're going to have this end up as a double date. Can anyone give me any pointers on this? We'll be unfortunately going to the movies seeing as how none of us can drive and it's the only thing in close proximity to do.

I suggest the "let's count shoulders" ploy ;)

But seriously, that's a decent situation to get in - if your friend likes the other girl he'll probably be keeping her distracted, giving you lots of time for one on one conversation with the girl you like.

Just don't talk about runescape, and you'll be fine :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I suggest the "let's count shoulders" ploy ;)

But seriously, that's a decent situation to get in - if your friend likes the other girl he'll probably be keeping her distracted, giving you lots of time for one on one conversation with the girl you like.

Just don't talk about runescape, and you'll be fine :P

Good thing I don't play Runescape, eh? :P

And I've got something that isn't so cheesy, more of just funny.

"Hey, did I tell you about those 3 fish I caught?"

"Well, the first one was *hold hands a foot apart* this big."

"The next one was *hold hands farther apart* THIS big."

"And the last one was *extend arm closest to her over her shoulder for the biggest length* THIS BIG."

And I do that to enough people as a joke i won't seem lame xD

Heh i do that too.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

"Did you know the distance from here..." Tap one shoulder

"...to here..." Reach around her front and tap the other

"...is the same as the distance from here..." Tap first shoulder again

"...to here?" Reach around her back and rest your hand on the other one

My friend showed me that one. :D

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

If you were a pirate, would you keep your parrot on this shoulder ... or THIS shoulder?

Of course, if you're joking, it'll be even funnier to end on the shoulder closest to you. Or you could just yell in the middle of the movie that you won't make out with her. Could always say that to your friend, too.

And let the girls sit in between you and your friend. Even if they don't know each other that well, they'll prefer it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Not really I know she means it in the friendship way.

Would you treat someone you love like that?

I have no idea because I don't think I have ever been in love (or even had a girlfriend).

howlin1eeveesig.png

I'm losing her :cry:

She went out with some guy, which turned into a weekend, and I gather she's going back tonight. I have no idea how to try for a relationship without being needy. [bleep].

Not really I know she means it in the friendship way.

Would you treat someone you love like that?

I have no idea because I don't think I have ever been in love (or even had a girlfriend).

but you said...

ugh nvm, you know my opinion.

I'm losing her :cry:

She went out with some guy, which turned into a weekend, and I gather she's going back tonight. I have no idea how to try for a relationship without being needy. [bleep].

I recall someone once quoting a love letter from a former U.S. president to his wife. The letter was incredibly mushy, needy, and wimpy, but the overall consensus on the letter was, "This guy is so alpha, he can get away with saying stuff like that."

After I read that, I thought-- what's the difference between me and him? Past a certain level you can do whatever the [bleep] you want and it won't "lower your value" or hurt your masculine image? That's pretty much when I started genuinely not giving a [cabbage] about "value" and all of its connotations. If you really believe you're the man, then you can do whatever you want w/o worrying about the consequences to your image.

Don't be afraid to look needy every once and a while. As long as you're yourself (which hopefully is dominant/alpha), then that's what people notice and pay attention to.

Does a real alpha male care about being needy, or, more importantly, what other people think of him?

77yLQy8.png

Just tell her. It's what I've done. Sometimes I feel very much like an average guy when I tell her that I want a real relationship, but I know she wants one too. Besides, you don't have to ask her. Just say that you really do like her, and you want to try something real. And it would be cool if no other phalluses were involved.

Regarding love letters: you should write things that you know are true but you'd be slightly embarrassed to say out loud. Or to have someone read. And yet you would still let them.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Classic triangle issue. Chick likes me. I have little to no interest in her. But her place is where all her friends go to hang out. A group I'd kind of like to get in with. She's cool, and fun, but I'm simply not attracted to her. She also happens to be friends with one of my closer friends and his girlfriend [who belong to this aforementioned group]. Anyway, this chick is all up in my stuff, and I had flirted with her previosly as a wingman because my other friend was trying to hookup with the girl she was with on the prior occasion.

Now, here's the problem. iI was with this group, when another girl enters the picture. One I'm actually atracted too, and also part of the group. I've been talking to her, it doesn't seem to be too mutual, but I can't make too many moves to make any progress otherwise since the girl that likes m has always been around when I'm with this new girl.

My guess the resolution to this problem is just coming clean to the girl taht likes me and tell her I'm not interested. But at the same time, I'd really like to get in with this group, and its a rather shaky start if I'm goin' aroun breaking hearts. It'd be especially bad if I ended up with the chick I'm chasing now by some off chance.

Is there adifferent solution, or am i just gonna have to face the music and deal with the fact that I'll probly never be with the new girl?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I vote you just flirt with the new girl, and tell the "uninteresting" girl that you don't like her. You're definitely over thinking this one. All you did was flirt with the girl, it's not like you two have gone on a date.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I vote you just flirt with the new girl, and tell the "uninteresting" girl that you don't like her. You're definitely over thinking this one. All you did was flirt with the girl, it's not like you two have gone on a date.

true, but because the two of them are friends, and are both members of the friend circle I'm trying to hang out with, I'm not sure continuing the pursuit of the new girl is the best idea, especially right after telling off the other one.

eh, I'll probably end up doing what you said anyway.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I asked her if she wanted a relationship a couple days ago. I told her I was sick of being a [bleep] and that she was the first person I've wanted to be with in a long time. She said she doesn't have feelings for me, that she did but now hasn't in a while, and we both agreed to stop [bleep]ing.

I don't get it... I'm the best sex she's had, she finds me physically attractive, we've been close friends for years and we just fit together so well.

I'm more concerned about the sickness, depression and anxiety associated with not being with her, than actually not being with her because I don't want another repeat of last time. Especially since it's hard to keep out the "so this is what happens when you stop being promiscuous and open up to someone again dan" thoughts.

Trying to get over her atm, I need to meet some new people.

a) I don't get it... I'm the best sex she's had, she finds me physically attractive, we've been close friends for years and we just fit together so well.

b) I need to meet some new people.

a) being the best sex she's had isn't what pulls a relationship together, you of all people know that Dan.

b) you and me both.

Popoto.~<3

a) being the best sex she's had isn't what pulls a relationship together, you of all people know that Dan.

I know, but that combined with being close friends and us both flirting with each other a lot? Then I would think the sex means much more, because it's not just with someone we didn't care about much.

I mean short of it not being official, the way things were meant we pretty much were in a relationship. Except for the whole her not having feelings for me thing.

Remember my demonic ex? she was a very close friend too, we talked about EVERYTHING together, knew each other for 10+years, the only difference is she and I were virgins, and she wasn't prepared for it. (and nothing sucks more then being 18 and a virgin, Im sure Ryan will agree)

Point is, that "close friend" line is something we should just stick away from. sometimes it works out, but 90% of the time it doesn't and ruins a friendship.

(Just be glad you were getting some, I'd willingly sacrifice my right arm for that)

Popoto.~<3

@RPG, flirt with everyone, problem solved.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I don't get it... I'm the best sex she's had, she finds me physically attractive, we've been close friends for years and we just fit together so well.

Relationships are complicated. That's kind of why this thread exists.

So how worried should I be that my new girlfriend turns out to be best friends with my ex-girlfriend who absolutely hates me hahaha.... :unsure:

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I guess I'll just move on. I mean she ignored my texts when she was spending a weekend with some dork who she was complaining to me about like a week earlier. "he's 24, why would he want to get with an 18 year old, that's creepy' etc. She prioritized some random guy she isn't into and just met over someone she's known a third of her life. Yet she complains her close friends leave her.

I don't need it. I'll probably end up telling her we both need to get our priorities straight, I need healing time, and maybe we'll hang out later.

I can get sex, what I need is someone who won't [bleep] me around.

(Just be glad you were getting some, I'd willingly sacrifice my right arm for that)

tbh I'm starting to regret the whole thing. Sex is [bleep]ing awesome when done right, terrible when done wrong, but overrated.