"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

remember a few months ago when I had the 3 girl problem[1, 2 and 3]?

well...now there's a 4 and a 5 lmao. But the first three are practically out of the picture so no biggy. I can handle all that.

My point is I went on a date today. first time on a date with a non-local girl. On the train ride there, some 14 year old girl with a BFMV shirt called me cute. But anyway, my date was...so...me. Everything we did, was stuff I do on my dates. It's like she stole my moves out from underneath me, it was bizarre. And the weirdest part was as we were talking about the atrocities of our past relationships I realized she and I were in basically the exact same position. She has commitment issues and a psychotic ex [whom I spent about 10 minutes on the phone with telling him to leave her alone (ON THE FIRST DATE)] and I have a psychotic ex as well as my own set of commitment issues. We make an interesting pair. But seeing as how our flaws are so similar, I don't know if that's especially good for a relationship, especially considering the nature of them. But...she's mad cool, listens to the same music as me, and is an aspiring model. So yeah. We'll see where that winds up. She's a massive ball buster though. Not the funny kind, but the kind that calls me on my bullcrap. It infuriates me. And I think I like it.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

So I am in a relationship right now and in September we are going to be 6 hours apart. I am guessing that we will be engaged by the time we are apart, but I still want to find ways to make the relationship exciting while we are apart. Anyone have experience with long distance relationships? If so, any advice or unique ideas on how to keep the relationship from becoming stagnant (besides talking on the phone/skype/visiting each other since we will be doing that)?

lope6jw0.jpg

So I am in a relationship right now and in September we are going to be 6 hours apart. I am guessing that we will be engaged by the time we are apart, but I still want to find ways to make the relationship exciting while we are apart. Anyone have experience with long distance relationships? If so, any advice or unique ideas on how to keep the relationship from becoming stagnant (besides talking on the phone/skype/visiting each other since we will be doing that)?

random sexting is a good time. Nothing like waking up to a naked picture of your lover :thumbup:

I've been in a long distance relationship for nearly 1.5 years now and it can be incredibly, almost painfully difficult. But somehow we've managed to make it work and it has never gotten boring :) It seems we never run out of things to talk about, which definitely helps I suppose. As for your question, my boyfriend and I like to watch movies/TV shows "together" even though we're not physically with each other. We follow most of the same TV shows so anytime a new episode comes out we always watch it at the same time so we can talk/laugh about it together. We also play games together whenever we find one we're both interested in.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I've been in a long distance relationship for nearly 1.5 years now and it can be incredibly, almost painfully difficult. But somehow we've managed to make it work and it has never gotten boring :) It seems we never run out of things to talk about, which definitely helps I suppose. As for your question, my boyfriend and I like to watch movies/TV shows "together" even though we're not physically with each other. We follow most of the same TV shows so anytime a new episode comes out we always watch it at the same time so we can talk/laugh about it together. We also play games together whenever we find one we're both interested in.

To add to this ^

I was in a (mostly) long distance relationship for 2.5 years; we lived about eight or nine hours apart (she was in San Francisco while I was near LA). Keeping things interesting with Skype (if you know what I mean) helps a lot. I'm not sure what your relationship is like, Jackalope, but for us it was pretty easy to be apart because of how independent and goal-oriented we were/are. Maintain an interest in everything she does, and vice-versa. I always liked to do little things like sending her letters, poetry, etc -- little surprises like that are a huge plus. You just have to really go out of your way to keep it interesting, never becoming complacent or "used" to it. Definitely seeing each other in person every few months helped us, and we eventually moved in together in San Francisco.

Not sure how much that helps. Oh, when you eventually move in with her, always make the bed. You can be the greatest boyfriend in the world but failure to make the bed will ignite a fury unheard of and she will bring the house down upon your head with a world-burning wrath.

I've seen it happen.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

To add to this ^

I was in a (mostly) long distance relationship for 2.5 years; we lived about eight or nine hours apart (she was in San Francisco while I was near LA). Keeping things interesting with Skype (if you know what I mean) helps a lot. I'm not sure what your relationship is like, Jackalope, but for us it was pretty easy to be apart because of how independent and goal-oriented we were/are. Maintain an interest in everything she does, and vice-versa. I always liked to do little things like sending her letters, poetry, etc -- little surprises like that are a huge plus. You just have to really go out of your way to keep it interesting, never becoming complacent or "used" to it. Definitely seeing each other in person every few months helped us, and we eventually moved in together in San Francisco.

Not sure how much that helps. Oh, when you eventually move in with her, always make the bed. You can be the greatest boyfriend in the world but failure to make the bed will ignite a fury unheard of and she will bring the house down upon your head with a world-burning wrath.

I've seen it happen.

Thank you both for those ideas! Yeah, I definitely like the idea of watching movies/tv shows together. I have also been looking on Yahoo! games to try to find fun multiplayer games we could play once in a while. I know it will be tough, but I just want to make sure it wont get boring. Im sure I'll incorporate the letters idea too. I just wish I were a bit more creative with that kind of stuff haha :)

Good to see there are other people out there who are making it work though!

lope6jw0.jpg

The rumor is already out there. Now I don't know how far this goes though. Frankly, how people as old as 18 come up with this kind of crap is beyond me. I wonder if they're just little cowards who can't stand the fact some not so known guy went and did what they couldn't do.

Wonder no more--they are. There's nothing easier than making fun of people. Going up to a girl, knowing that you've got a good chance of embarrassing yourself, and doing it anyway, that's hard, that's really hard.

Besides, in a handful of years...

il_570xN.226003656-1.jpg

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

well...now there's a 4 and a 5 lmao. But the first three are practically out of the picture so no biggy. I can handle all that.

My point is I went on a date today. first time on a date with a non-local girl. On the train ride there, some 14 year old girl with a BFMV shirt called me cute. But anyway, my date was...so...me. Everything we did, was stuff I do on my dates. It's like she stole my moves out from underneath me, it was bizarre. And the weirdest part was as we were talking about the atrocities of our past relationships I realized she and I were in basically the exact same position. She has commitment issues and a psychotic ex [whom I spent about 10 minutes on the phone with telling him to leave her alone (ON THE FIRST DATE)] and I have a psychotic ex as well as my own set of commitment issues. We make an interesting pair. But seeing as how our flaws are so similar, I don't know if that's especially good for a relationship, especially considering the nature of them. But...she's mad cool, listens to the same music as me, and is an aspiring model. So yeah. We'll see where that winds up. She's a massive ball buster though. Not the funny kind, but the kind that calls me on my bullcrap. It infuriates me. And I think I like it.

Please don't tell me that you made a 14 number 5...because she called you cute :unsure:

rosssigfinal.jpg

Please don't tell me that you made a 14 number 5...because she called you cute :unsure:

rofl no, no...all girls I'm involved with are at least 17

I should think so :shame:

Even though that still makes them under age in the US...lol Silly USA :lol:

But only for so long, and that's only a few of them. [pretty sure in Jersey, 17 is age of consent, but that could just be what I've been told, not actual truth] On a completely unrelated note:

What do you guys [and gals] think about this:

is it immoral to fake great sex for sake of love? is it more immoral to fake love for the sake of great sex?

is it immoral to fake great sex for sake of love?

I'd just call it stupid. If you love each other, you should be able to (and want to) work together, communicate and practice to turn it into great sex. Faking it just makes you unhappy when you could potentially be having a great time. And if the sex sucks and you're faking it (thus not improving it), odds are it will pull the relationship apart sooner or later.

is it more immoral to fake love for the sake of great sex?

Yes. It can be incredibly hurtful for the other person.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

VERY Immoral to fake love for sex, you might as well either be not dating or just sexual partners. Anyone who does this just leads the other person on until when they find out they're totally shattered (or come back to get revenge/kill you).

faking good sex though, although a bit wrong, is surprisingly common, especially in women. (ITS PROVEN, DONT HATE ME)

Popoto.~<3

but what if both parties are guilty? Would they both get hurt, or would they not care?

but what if both parties are guilty? Would they both get hurt, or would they not care?

If both parties are faking love then they don't need to fake love.. they can just have a sex only relationship. And as long as the purpose of the relationship is clear to both people, there's nothing immoral with it.

Posted Image

is it immoral to fake great sex for sake of love?

I'd just call it stupid. If you love each other, you should be able to (and want to) work together, communicate and practice to turn it into great sex. Faking it just makes you unhappy when you could potentially be having a great time. And if the sex sucks and you're faking it (thus not improving it), odds are it will pull the relationship apart sooner or later.

THIS.

If you aren't sexually compatible (as in, you two have completely different sexual preferences), the relationship will deteriorate anyway.

It makes you a jerk. And I'd call you pathetic if you did that. =\

Ever watched Vanilla Sky? Remember the crash scene? That'll happen to you because women are crazy.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'm not. It's Ellen and I, for [bleep]'s sake.

Just kidding. Not gonna hide I don't know where that's going to go, but congratulations anyway.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Me and Ellen reconciled. We're getting back together.

Are you happy about that?

And what happened to that other girl you fancied?

Are you happy about that?

And what happened to that other girl you fancied?

Yes, I am. I've told her I've told her we've got to take it slow - we've got lots of exams coming up soon so we need to concentrate on them anyway.

I honestly think what's going on with Tessa wasn't going anywhere, same with this other girl Tasmin.

Queue the "Ellen and I did..."/ "Ellen and I think.." posts on TIF.

Ellen and I think this post is funny.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM