"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I feel like a slide back into the Greek version of polygamy [minus the sexism] is very possible in today's society. People say you should stay together for the kids....but why bother when that kids could then have multiple parents, for multiple influences, giving them a more rounded upbringing?

progressiveeee

Common misconception: if there's turbulence in the marriage, staying together "for the kids" is better than cutting their losses and getting divorced. Better to get divorced ASAP than to keep fighting in front of the kids.

77yLQy8.png

I feel like a slide back into the Greek version of polygamy [minus the sexism] is very possible in today's society. People say you should stay together for the kids....but why bother when that kids could then have multiple parents, for multiple influences, giving them a more rounded upbringing?

progressiveeee

Because we live in a Christan influenced society. :lol:

Common misconception: if there's turbulence in the marriage, staying together "for the kids" is better than cutting their losses and getting divorced. Better to get divorced ASAP than to keep fighting in front of the kids.

If you can handle your emotions fine, you shouldn't divorce.

If your spouse is just some wild jackass, then fine. But if you're doing "for the kids" you truly wouldn't be fighting much at all.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Im stuck between not wanting to be single and not wanting to be in an unfulfilling relationship.

Generally I'm fine being single, and I'm usually pretty happy. But in the past few weeks both of my best friend's have gotten themselves some very attractive girlfriends, both physically and personally. Color me jealous I guess, but I want me a pretty girl. And this cold ass weather is SO not helping.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Im stuck between not wanting to be single and not wanting to be in an unfulfilling relationship.

Generally I'm fine being single, and I'm usually pretty happy. But in the past few weeks both of my best friend's have gotten themselves some very attractive girlfriends, both physically and personally. Color me jealous I guess, but I want me a pretty girl. And this cold ass weather is SO not helping.

Fulfilling relationship? Wrong thread for you, pal!

Nah I agree with you though; I'm in the same position myself.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Fulfilling relationship? Wrong thread for you, pal!

Nah I agree with you though; I'm in the same position myself.

I've been in this position for 3 years, constantly mocked (unintentionally) by my friends for it >.>

I'm literally considering going to hypnotherapy for my social anxiety, after Friday night's horror I need it.

Popoto.~<3

I'm literally considering going to hypnotherapy for my social anxiety, after Friday night's horror I need it.

http://www.personalpowermeditation.com/the-end-of-social-anxiety.php

http://www.personalpowermeditation.com/blog/

http://www.personalpowermeditation.com/forum/index.php

77yLQy8.png

I agree... I was getting married and called it off and left my ex. I took our child with me since he worked until 10pm at night and stayed a single parent for a while, just being happy raising my little dude. Leaving him was the best thing I did, especially since Rai was only 1 when we separated. When my ex took me to court for 50% custody the little fella had a little separation anxiety because he was used to being with me all the time but after a few weeks he settled. He is not happy with 50% as he constantly tells me he doesn't want to go and when I call, he asks me to come and pick him up. But I can't do anything about it until Rai is old enough to choose where he wants to be. The positive thing though is the fact that he easily accepts change and adapts, it will really help him later on in life. He is smart, before his 3rd birthday he asked me why myself and his real daddy live in different houses. I told him that we used to fight a lot and that made baby Rai cry and upset so we moved in to different houses and found people who make us happy so that he can be happy. And he just smiled and said "oh okay mummy!" and wondered off.

As much as I hate my ex I encourage a healthy relationship between him and my son. I never bad mouth my ex infront of Raiden and encourage him to speak positively of him and help him make art work or write post cards ect to show his daddy that he loves him. I regularly send photos, tell him what he has been up to, what he is learning in swimming lessons ect Even though none of that is done in return for me. I choose not to be as bad as him, my child will thank me for it one day. It's not up to me to show how much of a tosser he is... I think in due time and when Raiden gets older and more observant he will come to that conclusion on his own. I have a daily diary written up since the day we separated, if he is ever curious to the things that went on and wants the 100% truth, he is entitled to read it and make his own mind up.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Just thought I'd post this because it was really odd and kinda funny. Caught me off guard. Text from my ex (it's been a few months since we last talked):

"Hey bub, it's [name]. That girl that you once loved? ...ring a bell? :) I saw a Portland marathon finisher shirt and thought of ya. Hope everything is going well! Miss ya."

The first part is the weird part.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

That whole text is weird. Looks like she still has feelings for you. Unless all your female friends talk to you like that.

In other news, annoying girls are annoying. Trying to organise stuff during exams with a girl, say's she's coming over tonight, it's nearly ten and she's still not here. How are we supposed to hang when she comes over so late?

rosssigfinal.jpg

I've read 5 different books, none help me with my anxiety, its a psychological damage, not something I can read and go "yep, im better" unless this book SOMEHOW does something the rest didn't.

Popoto.~<3

I've read 5 different books, none help me with my anxiety, its a psychological damage, not something I can read and go "yep, im better" unless this book SOMEHOW does something the rest didn't.

It's COMPLETELY different from any other self-help book I had ever read in the past, and I read a lot of self-help books (they're the only type of books that are interesting to me). I didn't even have social anxiety when I downloaded the book-- I downloaded it cuz social anxiety is just the primary example used within the text. You'll be able to remove pretty much all fear/anxiety from any sort of situation imaginable after reading the book.

For the first time in three years, I recently had "oneitis" for a girl I know. I got rid of the negative emotions within less than 2 weeks of reading the book. Last time it took me over a year to get rid of such negative feelings.

77yLQy8.png

those books made me a heartless polygamist

Tim, I have social anxiety I can safely say that hypnotherapy was a short term fix, it worked for a little while and wore off. Self help books had some great tips but still did not get rid of that yucky feeling inside your stomach. Cognitive behavioural therapy did not fix my anxiety but made it A LOT better. It helps you to identify situations that bring it on, how to deal with feeling overwhelmed ect warning, lots of homework involved but it's worth it. And finally, there is medication such as lexapro which is usually a big hit. I don't take it because I already take enough of a cocktail mix for my bipolar disorder but my mum takes it and it is a god send for her. She had it all her life and now she is so much better.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

To be honest I have trialed lexapro for a month and the social anxiety just didn't exist. It took only about 4 days to really work. But then I started on Lithium and pristiq to manage my bipolar and just didn't want to be on so many pills. Side effects I warn you of is cotton mouth, make sure you drink plenty of water and if water doesn't help, sports drinks with heaps of potassium and electrolytes like powerade. I found the icier the water, the more satisfying. I have a brand new mum these days because of it and I swear by it. It's okay to be on medication. If I wasn't on medication for my bipolar I'd be a binge drinking nut, gambling our savings away because I'd be on the world's biggest high.

igoddessIsig.png

So... why are you in this topic if you've nothing to add? :|

Damnit Tim. You beat me to it.

But seriously. Go see a doctor if you haven't already. Most of us here aren't professionals, so talking to a professional would be the best thing for you to do. It isn't anything to be ashamed about.

Not sure if trolling or just devoid of empathy.

[hide=If you are not a troll, read this. If you are a troll then ignore this post.]

Secondly, conditions that you take medications for aren't caused by "feeling sorry for yourself." They're caused by either genetic issues or traumatic events in one's life which damage one's pysche (I probably didn't cover everything there, but you get the point).

Secondly, posting on an online thread specifically devoted towards talking about relationships and issues surrounding them is far less "feeling sorry for yourself" and far more "seeking a solution" or even just plain "having a conversation."

However, posting on a thread made to discuss such issues to say you don't have them for "exploration purposes" (which really makes no sense, but I'm not even going there) is rather egocentric.

Also if you are a troll and still reply to this, then shame on you. You disobeyed the hide tags. [/hide]

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Obviously nothing more than a troll and knows nothing about mental illness. At least 45% of Australian's will experience it in their lifetime. It's not something you just shake off and become better in the morning. People are just afraid of things, they have no idea about. ^^ And great post mate. Tim is seeking a solution, that's not feeling sorry for himself at all.

http://www.changeourminds.qld.gov.au/

igoddessIsig.png

Obviously nothing more than a troll and knows nothing about mental illness. At least 45% of Australian's will experience it in their lifetime. It's not something you just shake off and become better in the morning. People are just afraid of things, they have no idea about. ^^ And great post mate. Tim is seeking a solution, that's not feeling sorry for himself at all.

http://www.changeourminds.qld.gov.au/

wasn't trolling. Barney Stinson is a mental case and a half, and his mentality is recognized as highly unhealthy, even on the show. But I suppose the reference was lost in the battle against the actual troll...

Trolls are usually intelligent... no offense but you have no material. It was more like "I've got nothing... so I'm leaving now" poor attempt.

Is that for me rpg? Because that is done by the anna bligh government not who you mentioned.

igoddessIsig.png

Sorry, I'm confused. Pulling an all nighter for my psych paper. Little out of it. Just ignore me for a while lol

Cleared up most of the trolling posts the best I could. Please remember to not feed the trolls.

Carry on, and thanks for reporting! =)

Cleared up most of the trolling posts the best I could. Please remember to not feed the trolls.

Carry on, and thanks for reporting! =)

Thanks... We appreciate it.

ON TOPIC:

How did we go from relationships and advice to mental sicknesses?