"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

How can it save feelings? Being left in the unknown hurts helluva lot more...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Probably because it's easier for her to do nothing about the situation and hope it goes away rather than confront and break up with him, that would probably be a lot harder for her. I would be inclined to say may be because she's young and immature but sadly this isn't all that uncommon with older girls too.

rosssigfinal.jpg

It's not really a gender-specific trait... It's just that women dump men far more frequently than men dump women.

Probably because it's easier for her to do nothing about the situation and hope it goes away rather than confront and break up with him, that would probably be a lot harder for her. I would be inclined to say may be because she's young and immature but sadly this isn't all that uncommon with older girls too.

Yup. Some people (falsely) believe that avoiding confrontation and letting things die slowly and painfully is better than being direct and ending things once and for all.

77yLQy8.png

It's not really a gender-specific trait... It's just that women dump men far more frequently than men dump women.

There's likely reasoning for that though. and I'm not just talking about event: guy was too whiny for girl.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

There's likely reasoning for that though. and I'm not just talking about event: guy was too whiny for girl.

Yup.

Women just get bored after the honeymoon period wears off. Men are more or less fine unless their partner starts gaining weight or something.

77yLQy8.png

I might be being a bit paranoid about this, but who knows.

I rang her today, she said that she was away at camp and had patchy reception. This would have been fine if she had told people she was going away. Not even her best friend knew she was at camp, and she had not mentioned it when I was with her before and asked if she was going away at all... When I called her, the reception seemed fine, and it wasn't cutting in and out or anything, like you do in patchy reception. .

She also left on the day I got back from my camp. But even when I was at mine, she still could have replied...

Who knows, I could be over-analysing everything and making a big deal over nothing...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Nothing wrong with a little experience. text her. have fun.

I can rationalize why some people forbid others to contact their ex's, but it's such an absolute mentality. Nothing should ever be absolute.

I can rationalize why some people forbid others to contact their ex's, but it's such an absolute mentality. Nothing should ever be absolute.

Says the guy who was manipulated by his ex for years. Not meaning to be rude, but your case is exactly why contacting exes on a whim isn't a good idea.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Har har.

But in all seriousness, going for an ex tends to be pretty bad, even if it's just calling them. You might want to call them for the good feelings, but in the end, you'll remember the bad experiences the most.

22031_s.gif

Says the guy who was manipulated by his ex for years. Not meaning to be rude, but your case is exactly why contacting exes on a whim isn't a good idea.

Can't help but smile at the knowledgeable stab. I feel like my iffy experience shouldn't ruin the chances of someone else having a good relationship though. Just cause I had a rough times doesn't mean everyone will. Some break ups are for sure supposed to stay that way, no doubt about it, but some people break up for something stupid, or simple. People grow and change constantly. Some relationships are worth another shot. You never know.

Oh I agree, some relationships are worth another shot - when you've properly thought about it and reasoned it out over a long period of time. Jeff just said "he misses her" - which basically implies he hasn't thought about it much at all and as a result it's probably not a good idea to contact her.

polvCwJ.gif

Oh I agree, some relationships are worth another shot - when you've properly thought about it and reasoned it out over a long period of time. Jeff just said "he misses her" - which basically implies he hasn't thought about it much at all and as a result it's probably not a good idea to contact her.

Or it could be a great idea to contact her because it was a good relationship but event X occured that nothing could be done about. But truly it's neither of our business to decide for Jeff whether or not he should contact her. It only becomes ours until he asks for help on something [like how to not call her, or how to call her more often with out sounding desperate].

Odd factoid: I got back together with my ex due to the advice given on this thread [but many many generations of "gurus" ago].

Well...the first time anyway.

RPG I don't think you're being very realistic within the context of the situation...

When it comes to things like this, Jeff's probably better off ignoring his ex and moving on to better things. It'd be different if there was, say, a 50/50 "success" rate when it came to re-initiating contact with his ex. In which case, your advice would be considered optimistic and fine and dandy.

But that's not the case. Obviously there's always exceptions, but it's not very smart to go through life always hoping you're a special snowflake and will luckily be an exception to the rule, particularly if things will only get worse if you "try your luck" and lose.

Also: http://atheism.about.com/od/logicalfallacies/a/authority_3.htm

77yLQy8.png

I've never understood why there's a problem with having a conversation with an ex. If you want to talk to her then talk to her, but don't try to get back together with her.

There's nothing wrong with having a conversation with her, but when you're "texting her because you miss her" that's not a good start.

polvCwJ.gif

RPG I don't think you're being very realistic within the context of the situation...

When it comes to things like this, Jeff's probably better off ignoring his ex and moving on to better things. It'd be different if there was, say, a 50/50 "success" rate when it came to re-initiating contact with his ex. In which case, your advice would be considered optimistic and fine and dandy.

But that's not the case. Obviously there's always exceptions, but it's not very smart to go through life always hoping you're a special snowflake and will luckily be an exception to the rule, particularly if things will only get worse if you "try your luck" and lose.

Also: http://atheism.about...authority_3.htm

Not sure why the atheism source was necesary, but I get your point :razz:

Girl I've been talking to [the one i was debating committing to] called me tonight. Ended things. I laughed, and then it was awkward for a second. Then she said "talk to you later i guess" and hung up. Even I was surprised by how much I didn't care.

I actually wish I cared. I literally feel disconnected because of my lack of giving a shit.

How does one start giving a shit again?

Why do you think that giving a shit is a good thing?

Isn't that what people are supposed to do? Feel? Care?