"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

tl;dr: Girl I've had a crush on for a year and a half has had a crush on me too, we've hooked up a few times, last time she was down she told me she loves me but she can't/wont/doesn't want to do a long-distance relationship.... What do?

Give her space and time to come to grips with her feelings, for one. Youve attempted to address the subject and she knows that, already, so theres no point in pushing it further at this point in time. You both know whats been said.

When shes ready to come to grips with her feelings for you, she will address them with you. Let her be in that aspect of your relationship, and she will come to you with her feelings when she is comfortable with them. Be there for her. Be comforting. Be supportive. Be caring and loving. Be her friend. She will appreciate all these much more in the long run.

Dont get jealous. Dont make demands. Accept what she can give you, right now, graciously and let her know you appreciate it.

Not to sound offensive, but neither of you is actually in a position to engage in a serious long-term-long-distance relationship, either. Shes living something of a transient lifestyle in at least two places at the same time, and youre still in school. Give your lives time to settle. Let both of you find your path in life and, when the time is right and youre both in the same place, then that may be the time to press her for an explanation of her feelings for you.

Until then, enjoy the time you have together. Treasure every moment of it. :-)

nyuseg.png

You told her you loved her? #-o

and then you didn't just drop it? #-o

In some situations, that would be fine to do, but think about it. Love is something couples share after being together for a large amount of time and have grown extremely mutually fond of each other. You liked a girl for a year, got with her, and see her every so often. Maybe you feel it, but it's not really something you can just say and expect something magical to happen. And this goes to everyone out there reading this. Don't say "I love you" because you mean it - say it because it should already be implied...it's just nice to vocalize.

so yeah, I say drop the subject, pretend it never happened, and continue your life in the same manner you did prior to telling her. Including talking to her, and hooking up with her. If it's still going good [or even better, if things are going better] then you can ask for a relationship. THEN you can tell her how you feel after a certain period of time when it feels right, not the moment it jumps in your head.

That might not make sense, but you have to remember you have to translate your logic into girl logic when dealing with females and their emotions.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

In some situations, that would be fine to do, but think about it. Love is something couples share after being together for a large amount of time and have grown extremely mutually fond of each other. You liked a girl for a year, got with her, and see her every so often. Maybe you feel it, but it's not really something you can just say and expect something magical to happen. And this goes to everyone out there reading this. Don't say "I love you" because you mean it - say it because it should already be implied...it's just nice to vocalize.

so yeah, I say drop the subject, pretend it never happened, and continue your life in the same manner you did prior to telling her. Including talking to her, and hooking up with her. If it's still going good [or even better, if things are going better] then you can ask for a relationship. THEN you can tell her how you feel after a certain period of time when it feels right, not the moment it jumps in your head.

That might not make sense, but you have to remember you have to translate your logic into girl logic when dealing with females and their emotions.

she said "I love you".

She said it :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

she said "I love you".

She said it :P

My mind had a Freudian slip and now I just seem stupid. This is what I get for reading and being on the phone. Disregard my last post :-#

*Toys with idea of throwing a pretend hissy fit at this comment*

*Gives it up as a bad idea because no one ever gets my jokes on the Internet*

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Is there a way to ever understand girl logic? I haven't found it...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHzjgNoRmjg

According to my girlfriend, she wanted him to walk with her to class.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

That's because men do 90% of their thinking with their genitals :rolleyes:

I won't say that this isn't true.....

However, it seems as if the females know how the males work, but the males don't know how the females work. <_<

And (no offense to anyone here) a good number of the girls that I know personally think that guys are too dumb to understand girl logic. I don't know whether this is true or not because.... THEY DON'T EVEN TRY EXPLAINING IT TO ME! They just say "you won't understand." Then they always say that it is my fault for not picking up on something they want/say. I hope not all girls are like this lol.

Well, quite probably they are.

But I know nothing about it, never had a girl of my own... :wall:

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm a senior in high school right now and I'd like to have the chance to go to prom this year. If it's in mid-May, when is a good time to ask someone without being "too soon" while still giving her a chance to pick out a dress and whatnot?

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

End of March/beginning of April should be fine. I wouldn't recommend April 1st though.

Good point about April 1st :lol:. Thanks for the advice, though.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I'd like to think I'm more fluent than most in woman-speak/logic. Comes with lots of practice with excruciatingly stereotypical moments [ie: that family guy skit]. Wasn't pretty, but now I have a pretty good handle on the subtle desires women spit at their men and only hope they pick up the hint.

Of course, this whole problem could be resolved if guys paid more attention, and girls took the time to actually say what they mean.

End of March/beginning of April should be fine. I wouldn't recommend April 1st though.

My friend thought asking someone to Prom on April 1 was a brilliant idea because he could play it off as a joke if he got rejected. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as one of the dumbest and most pathetic ideas of all time. Didn't help that one of my other friends told him it was a great idea (not to be mean, he's just not the best at thinking things through). But yeah, I explained to him how awful of an idea it was and he ended up not doing it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

My friend thought asking someone to Prom on April 1 was a brilliant idea because he could play it off as a joke if he got rejected. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as one of the dumbest and most pathetic ideas of all time. Didn't help that one of my other friends told him it was a great idea (not to be mean, he's just not the best at thinking things through). But yeah, I explained to him how awful of an idea it was and he ended up not doing it.

Why would anyone ever think that's a good idea? The person you're asking would automatically assume you're joking and would deny the invitation to save themselves an "APRIL FOOLS I WAS JUST TROLLING".

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

That's because men do 90% of their thinking with their genitals … :rolleyes:

However, it seems as if the females know how the males work, but the males don't know how the females work. <_<

No, a ton of women don't understand how men work. Think of all the women that consider men "shallow" for not finding fat/ugly girls attractive, despite their "awesome personalities." They just don't understand how male sexuality works. Or at least they don't want to admit it.

77yLQy8.png

That's because men do 90% of their thinking with their genitals :rolleyes:

No, a ton of women don't understand how men work. Think of all the women that consider men "shallow" for not finding fat/ugly girls attractive, despite their "awesome personalities." They just don't understand how male sexuality works. Or at least they don't want to admit it.

Contrast THAT with the percentage of "available" men out there who:

(a) arent living with their parents past age 21; and/or

(2) unemployed and/or unemployable due to a mental or drug-related issue or are just plain lazy; and/or

(iii) dont have a caveman mentality (Ugh! Thrug make boom boom with female in his big car with loud muffler and louder stereo! Oooh, be still my aching groin!!!); and/or

(IV) arent looking for a surrogate mommy to take care of them.

:rolleyes:

I hate to break it to you, gentlemen, but SOME of you just aren't THAT much of a catch either ...

Oh -- and on the contrary, we women ALL understand how men "work".

Men are simple creatures basically, your main interests are sex and food and as long as we women apply ourselves to satisfying one of those aspects for you, we can usually get any man to do just about anything we want.

Its not that I dont sympathize with you guys, either, I really do. Women are messed up. Yes, we are. But that which you call girl logic, originates in the way that most girls and women -- are brought up. Hell, its been bred into us not to be demanding. As long as time has been recorded, men have sought those women who will sit back and let them make the decisions. Even now, women are expected to sit quietly and let the man do the thinking for us, no matter how inane, reckless or stupid that thinking may be.

Not to mention that, in many cultures today, women are supposed to be demure and that role is reinforced by male-dominated religions that blame women for the sins of men and, as a result, enforce women to undertake menial roles within the society.

On top of that heaven forbid that some woman actually should want to speak her mind or, say, want to control her own body were merely property in some cultures, and not much higher than that in others.

As a result, there are precious few of us out there who or even know what we want let alone are direct in saying what we want.

<_<

nyuseg.png

Humans in GENERAL are contradicting, yapping buffoons. Just that men and women stand on two different, but equally idiotic, platforms.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Hell, it’s been bred into us not to be demanding.

You are a bit older than me, so this might not apply to you... But in EVERY case of a relationship with a female that I have had, the above statement is sooooo untrue.

I don't think the ladies and I will ever work out lol.