"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

She's manipulating you and treating you poorly because you tolerate it. I'd even go as far as to say that you encourage it.

Yeah I think you're right. I feel like she kinda of castrated me, but it's so hard not to fall into old habits (regarding my ex, not sure how many of you recall how stupid I was when that was still happening nearly 6 years ago). She's ignoring me again, making vague flirtatious facebook status's about no one in particular. I'm not "done" with her. But I think I'm done trying.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm immortal. My 21st birthday was proof.

EDIT:

She called to apologize for being such a drugged up mess. She said she's not worth being in a relationship with because her life is pretty out of control.

I swear she knows all my buttons.

Not directly related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0

[hide=tldr]Bring something to the table or no one will give a shit about you. No one cares how virtuous you are; the implicit calculus going on in anyone's mind when they're judging you relates to what they can get from knowing you.[/hide]

• Like 1

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I've been studying that scene in my theater class. Alpha as [bleep].

Tread carefully. I'm pretty sure you're getting played.

See I think so too, to an extent. But if I can keep my head on straight, I can minimize the personal damage. I lost ~$350 in 4 days to her. She's an expensive habit. Plus I drove her left side of everywhere. And yet, I feel she wouldn't cheat on me. Just using me. But that's just a theory. Trying to screw my head on straight, not merc it with paranoia.

As I've mentioned before, I've been in a similar situation, although the girl I was seeing wasn't quite so hardcore. Trust me, just forget about her. She's the kind of girl that will slowly destroy you and once you're nothing but a crater she'll move on to someone fresh. I think you're getting attached to her because you're afraid that you won't be able to find anyone else but trust me man, it's not worth the effort on your part. Do yourself a favour and get over her.

*sigh*

I know you're right, but...I just haven't found the right line-crossing moment that makes me want to give up. She made me promise to never let her go. She practically quoted A Day To Remember at me. It's gonna take something more than logic to get me to stop.

*sigh*

I know you're right, but...I just haven't found the right line-crossing moment that makes me want to give up. She made me promise to never let her go. She practically quoted A Day To Remember at me. It's gonna take something more than logic to get me to stop.

I genuinely believe that you'll never change. Hell, you never learned anything from that trainwreck relationship you had with your ex. Why should this time be any different?

But if it makes you feel any better, most people never change either. Just look at all the posters in this thread who also complain about the same problems over and over without making any serious effort to fix things or do anything differently. :P

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Oh there's no doubt in my mind I have crazy in me. I just write it off as a personality quirk.

I'm curious though Muggiw, what exactly would you change in my scenario (not just this instance, but in life) to make me "better"?

Oh there's no doubt in my mind I have crazy in me. I just write it off as a personality quirk.

I'm curious though Muggiw, what exactly would you change in my scenario (not just this instance, but in life) to make me "better"?

How can you seriously ask that question? The last two pages are full of people telling you to cut off all contact with her because she's using you.

If you want to get your life in order, start with that. And actually do it.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Don't do drugs like ladies. No wait, don't do ladies like drugs.

How can you seriously ask that question? The last two pages are full of people telling you to cut off all contact with her because she's using you.

If you want to get your life in order, start with that. And actually do it.

Exactly.

You know what you have to do. You just don't want to do it.

77yLQy8.png

Talked to her a few minutes ago and shes hardcore judging me on my drinking habits. I'm ready to give up drinking for her, cause I made her give up cigs....

I want to have my fun. I realize it'll inevitably blow up in my face. And now I know alcohol will be the key to getting over everything if it ends. I just find it funny that she has no issue doing coke in front of me, but then she'll scold me on drinking. I'm so drinking myself retarded when she breaks me.

• Like 1

Both forms of advice have been ultimately pointless so it doesn't really matter what kind of opinion you offer.

He's going to keep posting in the official stove advice thread saying "ha ha i know you guys warned me about touching hot plates and I definitely took it all to heart and I realise touching hot stoves is generally inadvisable in the long run but long story short i now have no skin on my right hand either"

• Like 3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Both forms of advice have been ultimately pointless so it doesn't really matter what kind of opinion you offer.

He's going to keep posting in the official stove advice thread saying "ha ha i know you guys warned me about touching hot plates and I definitely took it all to heart and I realise touching hot stoves is generally inadvisable in the long run but long story short i now have no skin on my right hand either"

This analogy is perfect.

Unpopular opinion.

Just go for it RPG.

Is this going to end badly? Yes.

Will you regret it later? Yes.

But honestly who cares, I think that part of your brain that picks women is messed up (and believe me you are far from the only one who has that problem), which is why you feel huge attraction towards a certain type of woman. Ending it with this particular girl will not fix this problem so you might as well have fun with it.

I would suggest that if you do want to stay with this girl you cut off all benefits for her. If she asks for anything you tell her no. Be it drug money, you to take her to places you dont want to go, etc.

except he says yes because he's too easily smitten by the crazies.

Popoto.~<3

Oh well, I thought it was worth a shot. Just reinforces my belief that people posting in this thread want sympathy, not advice.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Nevermind, I'm out of here.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I think this thread has lost the "Advice" part a long time ago. Only on very rare occasions do people actually want advice. This is more of a way for people to vent about relationships and discuss them. Well, more than people wanting advice anyway.

I like discussing social relationships. We're just slow at the moment with RPGs troll-like posts. :wink:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I like discussing social relationships. We're just slow at the moment with RPGs troll-like posts. :wink:

Troll-like?

Not sure if sarcasm or...

If I didn't know RPG, yeah, his recent postings would appear like a troll.

But he's not a troll, he's just crazy.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg