"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Definitely try and get your friend to go. Sometimes group dates can get uncomfortable if you're relatively strangers, and more people that you don't know are there (otherwise they're a blast and more like a moving party). Get him to distract the other girls if you want some more quiet time with this other girl.

From Experiance, Group Dates to the movies have EPIC FAIL written all over it. I went with somemates, single at the time, all they did was make out while i was stuck between them eating popcorn about to snap and hit them, and happened 5 months later WITH a girl there with me.

Popoto.~<3

I hate what i have learned in the past few days

That high school sweethearts dont work out. 90% of the time. While my grandparents may have been an exeption to that rule, I fell into the 90%

I know that even though im a junior in high school, that its way too early for me to be thinking the way i should be, but i really thought she woas goign to be the one, and moving on is even harder to accept. The fact the she still says she loves me and that she wants to be my friend doesnt help

be careful all.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

That high school sweethearts dont work out. 90% of the time. While my grandparents may have been an exeption to that rule, I fell into the 90%

I know that even though im a junior in high school, that its way too early for me to be thinking the way i should be, but i really thought she woas goign to be the one, and moving on is even harder to accept. The fact the she still says she loves me and that she wants to be my friend doesnt help

be careful all.

Sad, but true.

At school, when the Alumni come to meet, half of them are couples that formed during their school years. Nowadays that's almost unheard of :(.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

be careful all.

Sad, but true.

At school, when the Alumni come to meet, half of them are couples that formed during their school years. Nowadays that's almost unheard of :(.

How old are the alumni? the dating game has changed significantly in the past 30 years. I guess what I'm getting at is people tend to break up over nothing now adays with out bothering to work anything out. And on the other end of the equation are those who are unhappy but don't feel itas right to be single. So there's an insane amount of divorces going around. And society these days practically embraces polygamy. it's terrible. I'm shocked any relationahip can make it these days.

I just don't know if I could see myself dating someone who has a completely different taste in movies. :?

Well for your sake I hope you aren't very critical on movie genres. As a pointer I suggest you not act so stubborn on a date. Also I'd like to add that just because you can't agree doesn't mean you can't date. My girlfriend and I in the 2 years we've known each other have never EVER agreed on anything. But that's half the fun.

I'm not that critical on movies, just the bad ones. ;) Honestly though I don't plan on dating anytime soon, but when I do I'll try and find someone with fairly similar interests and personality.

And no offense, but anyone who says movies are great first dates, I probably won't take their advice into much consideration.

No offense taken, you're entitled to your own principles and opinions. But as Goddess said, it'd be in your better interest to keep as many doors open just incase a few shut on you.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

be careful all.

Sad, but true.

old are the alumni? the dating game has changed significantly in the past 30 years. I guess what I'm getting at is people tend to break up over nothing now adays with out bothering to work anything out. And on the other end of the equation are those who are unhappy but don't feel itas right to be single. So there's an insane amount of divorces going around. And society these days practically embraces polygamy. it's terrible. I'm shocked any relationahip can make it these days.

Makes me wish i lived back then

Im tired of putting everything into a relationship, only to have myself sipped apart.

Seriously cant wait a year and a half when i go to college

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

be careful all.

Sad, but true.

How old are the alumni? the dating game has changed significantly in the past 30 years. I guess what I'm getting at is people tend to break up over nothing now adays with out bothering to work anything out. And on the other end of the equation are those who are unhappy but don't feel itas right to be single. So there's an insane amount of divorces going around. And society these days practically embraces polygamy. it's terrible. I'm shocked any relationahip can make it these days.

Due to the economic turmoil, there is an increased rate of divorces. Lesson: Don't marry an investment banker. The true lesson about avoiding divorces of course being don't rush into a marriage or feel pressured by outside influences (parents, society, elderly couples).

Side note, I remember meeting an elderly high school sweethearts couple once. They seemed like closet alcoholics who's playful jests at each other weren't playful.

Talk to her over MSN/AIM/whatever, you'll have her number correct? Theres that too.

Earn money to go see her at times.

OR...

Forget about her and just keep thinking of her as a friend.

The choice is yours.

I want her to be happy too though and I don't think an internet relationship is what either of us wants.

I don't want to do that, but it seems the only choice I have.

1288581197250-1.jpg

The girl I love more than anything in the world is moving to australia....

I'm in the US...

What should I do?

I'm going to try to respond in a language more well known on this forum, seeing as how my previous attempts in English have failed.

%Script Rebdragon's Response

%Makes Rebdragon's life easier

string a = ('She loves you');

string b = ('She doesn't even like you');

string response = ('wtf');

if a == 1

response = ('MOVE TO AUSTRALIA');

elseif b == 1

response = (MOVE THE F**K ON');

else

response = ('Uh, stay in touch but don't be so clingy?');

end

disp(response)

disp('\n CAPICHE?')

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The girl I love more than anything in the world is moving to australia....

I'm in the US...

What should I do?

I'm going to try to respond in a language more well known on this forum, seeing as how my previous attempts in English have failed.

%Script Rebdragon's Response

%Makes Rebdragon's life easier

string a = ('She loves you');

string b = ('She doesn't even like you');

string response = ('wtf');

if a == 1

response = ('MOVE TO AUSTRALIA');

elseif b == 1

response = (MOVE THE F**K ON');

else

response = ('Uh, stay in touch but don't be so clingy?');

end

disp(response)

~

CAPICHE?

System.out.println ("Why you gotta be such a douche?");

1288581197250-1.jpg

Aye, you love her more than anything in the world. Sell all your earthly possessions, move to Australia.

Obvious.

I wish it were that easy...

Selling yourself might be easy.

Hold on, first of all, does she feel the same about you?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

disp('How am I being a douche? And why didn't you tell me the values of a and b so I could help you?');

disp('Okay, nufs enuf')

Seriously, I don't get how I was being a douche. If she loves you back, then you could try keeping the relationship alive, although longterm relationships tend to fail hard. It's more of a question of how long you've been going out/how deep your relationship is. If you're just a friend who thinks they're more than a friend but really ain't, then don't be a douche and not stay in touch, but don't treat her special. If she doesn't know you that well/she doesn't even like you, then don't sketch her out by calling a lot.

Great. Now my program's useless because I had to explain myself anyways. God damnit.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Aye, you love her more than anything in the world. Sell all your earthly possessions, move to Australia.

Obvious.

I wish it were that easy...

Selling yourself might be easy.

Hold on, first of all, does she feel the same about you?

Yes very much so... She says all this soulmate stuff all the time and how she wants us to be with each other forever...

Obv that's not gonna work :cry:

1288581197250-1.jpg

Gimme her number, im in Australia. (Im kidding, Im kidding) :lol:

Truthfuly, there is NO Soul-Mate for anyone, its merely who is more capable with each other. While you two are seperated, maybe its for the best? To grow a strong relationship and be able to end it, remain as friends and help each other from one half of the world to another beats any relationship i've seen, it means your strong and your willing to fight it to move on and gain new experiances.

Popoto.~<3

It's going to hurt no matter what you just have to decide which is going to hurt more. If you love her and she loves you as much as you have implied then take the risk and move with her to Australia?

If you're having your doubts maybe it would be for the best for you to let her go. Long distance relationships are difficult to say the least and can be quite stressful but they can also work out but you would need the hope of being able to see her every so often to make it easier on you both.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I think I'm gonna talk with her about it some more and go with sworddude's idea of keeping a long distance relationship with some monthly visits if I can afford it.

I just need to talk to her, and right now she's crying and won't talk to anyone :cry:

1288581197250-1.jpg

Truthfuly, there is NO Soul-Mate for anyone, its merely who is more capable with each other.

Prove it. Just saying.

As for you, no_99_melee I really feel bad for you two. As a start, how old are you both? Because that can determine what you can and can't do. If you can afford it, or can get a job, or whatever, try to visit her as often as possible. Try to keep the relationship alive over the distance, and if it works out, one of you might be able to move to the other eventually, if you each feel that strongly.

Good luck.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I think I'm gonna talk with her about it some more and go with sworddude's idea of keeping a long distance relationship with some monthly visits if I can afford it.

I just need to talk to her, and right now she's crying and won't talk to anyone :cry:

Depending on both of your ages you might end up doing something like me and another girl have. We are really into each other, perfectly compatible, but seperated by vast distance. We basically put our feelings into hybernation. Well i did, she didn't, but she is ok with me doing what i did. And we both agreed to seeing other people. So if no one else comes along in the next two years to fully occupy either one of us we are moving in together.

cool_sig1.jpg

As for you, no_99_melee I really feel bad for you two. As a start, how old are you both? Because that can determine what you can and can't do. If you can afford it, or can get a job, or whatever, try to visit her as often as possible. Try to keep the relationship alive over the distance, and if it works out, one of you might be able to move to the other eventually, if you each feel that strongly.

Good luck.

Thank you and I will try to keep it alive as long as possible. I'm 16 and she's 17. I have a job so yeah I can probably get more hours at work in order to save up the money. I really wish I could move with her, but really going to another continent is a bigger deal then "Oh if you don't go it obviously means you don't love her enough". I do honestly, it's just a big decision to make. I do want a full education including college and that will most likely occur in the U.S.. Other than that I guess all I can do now is wait and see what she wants to do :?

1288581197250-1.jpg