"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

As for you, no_99_melee I really feel bad for you two. As a start, how old are you both? Because that can determine what you can and can't do. If you can afford it, or can get a job, or whatever, try to visit her as often as possible. Try to keep the relationship alive over the distance, and if it works out, one of you might be able to move to the other eventually, if you each feel that strongly.

Good luck.

Thank you and I will try to keep it alive as long as possible. I'm 16 and she's 17. I have a job so yeah I can probably get more hours at work in order to save up the money. I really wish I could move with her, but really going to another continent is a bigger deal then "Oh if you don't go it obviously means you don't love her enough". I do honestly, it's just a big decision to make. I do want a full education including college and that will most likely occur in the U.S.. Other than that I guess all I can do now is wait and see what she wants to do :?

Only 16? Pfft, the anwser should be obvious. Things happen, life goes on. People change. There are other fish in the sea. You have your whole life ahead of you. I'm sure there are other semi-relevant cliches.

Tend to agree with reb and quoi, common sense says, if you can't move but she's moving away then have a long distance relationship, stay in contact and be friends or move on with life. Oh people have such difficult questions :lol:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Well, we could always do what said soap operas do when they run out of ideas.

Fora com das camisas, senhoras!*

*Off with the shirts, ladies!

I got nothing, though. I got a whole lot going on this year in general, and early in the summer I'll be gone for quite a stretch, so no way I'm gonna get into anything that might roll into something big. Kinda sucks, but I can't even drive anyways. Guess me and my friends will just work on our newest idea:

THE MOTOR KAYAK. Imagine. You're driving your car along, and lo and behold, there's a river in the way! Well, that's no problem for the MOTOR KAYAK!

...Yeah, we need something to take our attention.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Well, we could always do what said soap operas do when they run out of ideas.

Fora com das camisas, senhoras!*

*Off with the shirts, ladies!

I got nothing, though. I got a whole lot going on this year in general, and early in the summer I'll be gone for quite a stretch, so no way I'm gonna get into anything that might roll into something big. Kinda sucks, but I can't even drive anyways. Guess me and my friends will just work on our newest idea:

THE MOTOR KAYAK. Imagine. You're driving your car along, and lo and behold, there's a river in the way! Well, that's no problem for the MOTOR KAYAK!

...Yeah, we need something to take our attention.

car-boat.jpg

:?:

wl7w9j.png

The girl I love more than anything in the world is moving to australia....

I'm in the US...

What should I do?

Ouch. What'd you do to piss Fate off that much?

Unfortunatly there isn't a good solution to this no matter how you look at it. You're going to get hurt. The question is, how should you take it. You could try to maintain an international relationship, but lets face it...a lot can happen in a month. It could be years before you actually see her. If you care about her, the best approach would be for you to maintain a friendship. She'll be one of the closest friends you'll ever have. Even if she's across the earth. You could also try to forget about her and gradually let her go. Personally I wouldn't though, as it could be either very painful or very painless, and frankly its not worth the risk. Bottom line, I suggest you spend as much time with her as possible, and have the time of your life. When it comes time for her to move, promise her that if things don't work out in the long distance thing, just be friends. It'll be tough at first yes, but the distance will actually make the transition easier. Sorry bout the situation.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The girl I love more than anything in the world is moving to australia....

I'm in the US...

What should I do?

Ouch. What'd you do to piss Fate off that much?

Unfortunatly there isn't a good solution to this no matter how you look at it. You're going to get hurt. The question is, how should you take it. You could try to maintain an international relationship, but lets face it...a lot can happen in a month. It could be years before you actually see her. If you care about her, the best approach would be for you to maintain a friendship. She'll be one of the closest friends you'll ever have. Even if she's across the earth. You could also try to forget about her and gradually let her go. Personally I wouldn't though, as it could be either very painful or very painless, and frankly its not worth the risk. Bottom line, I suggest you spend as much time with her as possible, and have the time of your life. When it comes time for her to move, promise her that if things don't work out in the long distance thing, just be friends. It'll be tough at first yes, but the distance will actually make the transition easier. Sorry bout the situation.

Pretty much its going to suck your going to try to work it out and your going to realize that it isnt going to work and you'll have to move on. OR you could be apart of the elite few who maintain a international relationship. Either way, I wish the best of luck

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

Only 16? Pfft, the anwser should be obvious. Things happen, life goes on. People change. There are other fish in the sea. You have your whole life ahead of you. I'm sure there are other semi-relevant cliches.

Like I haven't heard that 1000 times...

If someone is in love does it really matter what age they are? Oh yeah I forgot only people over the age of 30 are allowed to be truly in love :roll:

1288581197250-1.jpg

If someone is in love does it really matter what age they are? Oh yeah I forgot only people over the age of 30 are allowed to be truly in love :roll:

Most 16 year olds have just barely scratched the concept of love. 30 year olds know what love is because they're the desperate ones. :lol:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Then move to Australia, if you're so mature in in such boundary breaking love. LET YOUR LOVE CARRY YOU LIKE A THOUSAND BEAUTIFUL EAGLES

I never said I was mature. I just said that people shouldn't be so quick to put down love just because of ages. Secondly you make it sound so much easier than it is. I can't afford to live in Australia I'm only 16. I'm sure as hell I can't live with my girlfriend's family, it's too much to ask for. My parents aren't gonna move to Australia simply because I ask them to, they have lives and jobs. You tell me how I'm supposed to move to Australia without destroying lives in the process including my own?

1288581197250-1.jpg

Then move to Australia, if you're so mature in in such boundary breaking love. LET YOUR LOVE CARRY YOU LIKE A THOUSAND BEAUTIFUL EAGLES

I never said I was mature. I just said that people shouldn't be so quick to put down love just because of ages. Secondly you make it sound so much easier than it is. I can't afford to live in Australia I'm only 16. I'm sure as hell I can't live with my girlfriend's family, it's too much to ask for. My parents aren't gonna move to Australia simply because I ask them to, they have lives and jobs. You tell me how I'm supposed to move to Australia without destroying lives in the process including my own?

Which is the reason why you let her go. Seriously, there are like hundreds of women with a personality just like hers. It's your duty to find them.

That or continue your relationship over the Internet.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm sorry, but I can only see that as leading to a whole lotta badness. For one thing, the jet lag will be a real [bleep], so you'll hardly enjoy a visit that isn't longer than a week, and another, you'll only be delaying the inevitable. I think you should just enjoy the time you have now as much as you can, and hope you can at least stay in contact.

I'm sorry, but I can only see that as leading to a whole lotta badness. For one thing, the jet lag will be a real [bleep], so you'll hardly enjoy a visit that isn't longer than a week, and another, you'll only be delaying the inevitable. I think you should just enjoy the time you have now as much as you can, and hope you can at least stay in contact.

Lol do you just want us to break up?

1288581197250-1.jpg

30 year olds don't have as many hormones running through their body and rapidly changing perceptions of who they are. So, yes, it can matter what age they are because they may not have fully matured yet.

If someone is in love does it really matter what age they are? Oh yeah I forgot only people over the age of 30 are allowed to be truly in love

I believe that 16 year olds can be in love but I think it's a different type of love. When you get older, I don't think it becomes "true love" but I think the love matures a little. I would think it was viewed in a different way. And if people were still trying to find love at 30, there's usually a reason for it.

As for the long distance relationship thing, go for it. Who cares if it doesn't last, gain some life experience and learn from it.

My younger friends say "oh you're so wise!" I'm like... well not really I just screwed up so many damn times. And that's the truth, I never listened to anybody and did everything the hard way. When you screw up enough, eventually you learn the lesson everyone was trying to point out to you pretty well!

You just need to weigh up whether it's worth the hassle or not.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Am I the only one confused about how he's planning to try and afford monthly visits to another continent, yet there's absolutely no way possible he could try just moving there?

Granted I understand there's more variables than being able to afford it which is preventing you, but still...monthly visits to Australia?

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Yeah, I think that would really be better. Just cutting the soon-to-be stretched cord.

I'd leave her a note to read at the airport, then go hide in your room with lights, phones, everything off. Stylish.

Yeah, I think that would really be better. Just cutting the soon-to-be stretched cord.

I'd leave her a note to read at the airport, then go hide in your room with lights, phones, everything off. Stylish.

Angst, every teenager needs a healthy dose once in a while.

Then again, with a long distance relationship, a lot of angst and drama is sure to head your way as well, so yeah.

Edit: I just can't help it, I have to expand! Long distance relationships aren't that awful, on one condition: that there is a foreseeable end to the situation. When I was a student, my then long term boyfriend went to study in America for quite a few months and it was no biggie at all. You miss each other in an "aww, luv you" kinda way, you have outrageously expensive telephone calls and send each other cute gifts by air mail, it's all rather romantic in a way. However, when he started talking of studying and living abroad again after his return, things got strained and ended pretty fast. Being apart for more than a year, that's just not a relationship in my mind.

Your girlfriend goes to live abroad, like indefinitely? That's a problem. You don't know when you'll be together again, and I'm not talking about short visits. If you want this to work, you'll have to invest heavily into the relationship. Not just moneywise, but also emotionally. It'll be a rocky path, and it would be best for you both not to cling to each other, but to have a healthy attitude about this. Give each other a bit of space and see how it turns out?