"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Alright I read through everyone's replies and thanks for the help guys/gals.

@Goddess - A long distance relationship is what I want to do. I really don't want it to end right now and neither does she. IMO I'd rather her break up with me and tell me she didn't love me anymore than to be ripped apart while we both still care about each other. I've been thinking about it all day and really as long as we both stay in touch I figure once I'm 18 and on my own I'll be able to follow her to Australia or wherever we end up. Unfortunately that's almost 2 years from now... I just gotta make it last :P

@Sumpta -We probably will be apart for more than a year with some visits in between so I'm not quite sure how it will work out :? . If she wants to live abroad indefinitely I'll just tag along with her as long as it's what we both want. I don't care about where I live, but more who I live with (In this case her). I'm willing to invest everything I have both physically and emotionally into saving this relationship.

I'm still waiting on her decision though so I'll let anyone who cares know about it by posting what she thinks on here. This is just killing me though :cry:

1288581197250-1.jpg

Sit down, have a GOOD think about whether or not it's a good idea to go. Consider ALL the options, the cons and the pros. If after a week you still want to move to Australia with her, go for it.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Yeah, I think that would really be better. Just cutting the soon-to-be stretched cord.

I'd leave her a note to read at the airport, then go hide in your room with lights, phones, everything off. Stylish.

I wonder what Melee would say if he found you in his room.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

You're 16. In 20 years, this girl won't remember your name. Let it go.

Not too helpfull :|

Yeah, I think that would really be better. Just cutting the soon-to-be stretched cord.

I'd leave her a note to read at the airport, then go hide in your room with lights, phones, everything off. Stylish.

I'd ask why he wasn't in my bed

1288581197250-1.jpg

@Goddess - A long distance relationship is what I want to do. I really don't want it to end right now and neither does she. IMO I'd rather her break up with me and tell me she didn't love me anymore than to be ripped apart while we both still care about each other. I've been thinking about it all day and really as long as we both stay in touch I figure once I'm 18 and on my own I'll be able to follow her to Australia or wherever we end up. Unfortunately that's almost 2 years from now... I just gotta make it last :P

@Sumpta -We probably will be apart for more than a year with some visits in between so I'm not quite sure how it will work out :? . If she wants to live abroad indefinitely I'll just tag along with her as long as it's what we both want. I don't care about where I live, but more who I live with (In this case her). I'm willing to invest everything I have both physically and emotionally into saving this relationship.

I'm still waiting on her decision though so I'll let anyone who cares know about it by posting what she thinks on here. This is just killing me though :cry:

If it's in brisbane, we have a spare room :thumbup:

My first ever serious boyfriend was a long-distance relationship. It lasted for 3 years, he was in California and I was in the Northern Territory. His dad was the owner of waterford crystals so it's not like their family couldn't exactly afford to send him down as much as they did :lol:

It didn't last but I wouldn't go back and change things. I often wonder if things would have worked out but meh I'm happy where I am. I guess what I'm saying is I would have never of forgiven myself if I didn't at least try. I knew it would be bloody difficult, I knew there would be pain, I knew it probably would never work out but I gave it everything I had. And it was an amazing experience and some of the best memories of my teenage years.

So for everyone being so negative about it, stfu. If the guy wants to gain some life experience, don't try to talk him out of it. He's doing something that makes him feel happy and I doubt he'll listen to any of you anyway. Love makes you do what you want to do and to hell with everyone else.

By the way, my ex is now a manager of a multi million dollar camera business. Why? Because he was able to engage in small talk about the places we had been together as teenagers, travelling. He was hired and promoted because he was able to relate to his customers who all wanted to go overseas and needed the best camera!

And if I hadn't of ever met him I wouldn't have been able to look back to my past and get myself out of some horrible relationships. I was able to look back and say "this isn't how a man should treat a woman, I need to get out of here!"

Funny how things work out in the end anyway.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I'd ask why he wasn't in my bed

To which he'd probably reply that you hadn't paid enough, and only paid for a kick to the groin.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

You're 16. In 20 years, this girl won't remember your name. Let it go.

No. I know couples who got together when they were 16 and who are still together ten years later. I guess it takes a certain kind of person and a good match, but it happens. A lot of people go on about how falling in love as a teenager is nothing, as though it's something that happens all the time, well I'm 27 now, and I can count the times that I've fallen in love in the past ten years on one hand. As long as you're mature enough to see the difference between falling in love and falling in lust -which I will admit, is what most teenagers do- you've got a fair chance.

And apart from that, who forgets the name of their first love?

Well [cabbage], I live in Brisbane too.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Yeah, I totally got friend-zoned. They won't break up, and I feel like a douche for hoping they would. Time to find a new girl...

Your sig makes my forehead itchy. o.o

And, never ever ever go after your friend's girl. that's an awful thing to do.

Yeah, I totally got friend-zoned. They won't break up, and I feel like a douche for hoping they would. Time to find a new girl...

Your sig makes my forehead itchy. o.o

And, never ever ever go after your friend's girl. that's an awful thing to do.

It made my nose/neck itchy, but it usually doesn't work on me.. usually.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Can I come? NSW is a freaking Bombshell with no job opportunities. :cry:

Qld isn't that much better atm :lol: but yeah anyone I know well enough from the forums is welcome to stay until they can get on their feet. They have to be motivated to get moving though because I don't put up with moochers who sit on the couch all day and do nothing but play video games. I already dated one of those losers 8-)

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Blegh i feel like [cabbage] at the moment.

My girlfriend broke up with me last Saturday, because she thought I was "too dependant on her" and that "she is an independant person" She also has a lot of stress due to what her family has been through and that shes going to college in about 8 months.

Somehow she still said she wanted to be my friend, and that she still loves me.

Were those just filler words, or does anyone think she means them?

And what do I do to to get over this feeling that keeps driving me back to her, because as much as I want to be with her again, I know I have to take the hard road and move on. As much as I want to get back together, I know it is just a dream because we dated once before and she broke up with me for personal reason, and that she "doesnt want to consistently keep breaking up and getting back together with someone"

Tryin' not to be emo, but i feel like everything just got sucked into an abyss

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

My girlfriend broke up with me last Saturday, because she thought I was "too dependant on her" and that "she is an independant person" She also has a lot of stress due to what her family has been through and that shes going to college in about 8 months.

And what do I do to to get over this feeling that keeps driving me back to her, because as much as I want to be with her again, I know I have to take the hard road and move on. As much as I want to get back together, I know it is just a dream because we dated once before and she broke up with me for personal reason, and that she "doesnt want to consistently keep breaking up and getting back together with someone"

Start thinking of her as a friend + look for other women.

Since you seem to be still madly in love with her, what you do is pick one flaw (even if it is minor like "She is a [bleep] to me"), keep that flaw in mind.

Every time you start to think about her and how much you miss her, just think of that flaw.

Works for me anyways.

She probably meant that she loves you as a friend.

P.S Don't bother trying to be less 'dependant' on her, it won't work and you can hardly change yourself, and you shouldn't change yourself for someone; you'll get fed up of not being yourself in the end.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Finding a resolution/solution for the sadness always helps me get out of a mood. Maybe it's because I think to get rid of emotion, maybe it's cause I try to understand the emotion rather than let it hit me, I dunno.

But for you, instead of being sad I'd be thinking "why exactly did she dump me? Was I clingy? Okay, if I verify that with other people, what should I do to change myself and make myself a better mate/boyfriend?" Something like that.

Sadness is like physical pain. It doesn't just exist for no reason. It's there to help you, as much as it sucks.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Start thinking of her as a friend + look for other women.

Since you seem to be still madly in love with her, what you do is pick one flaw (even if it is minor like "She is a [bleep] to me"), keep that flaw in mind.

Every time you start to think about her and how much you miss her, just think of that flaw.

Works for me anyways.

She probably meant that she loves you as a friend.

P.S Don't bother trying to be less 'dependant' on her, it won't work and you can hardly change yourself, and you shouldn't change yourself for someone; you'll get fed up of not being yourself in the end.

I know. Its over. She said almost exactly what you said~ "people dont change"

Its hard when your only a Junior in high school and you dont really feel for any other girls in the school. I dont want a pointless, 3 month relationship. I'd prefer to play for keeps. Its just that High School isnt ment for that. College is. :thumbdown: :( :cry:

She brings up a good point. Don't change yourself for her. Change yourself for yourself.

Its hard when your only a Junior in high school and you dont really feel for any other girls in the school. I dont want a pointless, 3 month relationship. I'd prefer to play for keeps. Its just that High School isnt ment for that. College is. :thumbdown: :( :cry:

Ha.

Hahaha.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I hope so. If College is more dramatic than this than I am going to go insane. :|

Reading through...You people are very good at this.

The secret is: I'm a girl. ;)

And all are the other people who help answer people here.

Jokingggg.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Well we've decided to break off our relationship. Shes going through alot at the moment with Uni' starting, Family issues and new life while I myself am job hunting, dealing with my annoying family and currently broke so we're ending it for the best of us but remaining friends.

[goes on wild clubbing spree]

Popoto.~<3

College is more crazy drunken one-night stands and orgies, really. High school is more dramatic, though.

But are there serious relationships in college? Thats all i really want to commit myself to. I cant stand the idea of 1-night-stand kinda things.

College is more crazy drunken one-night stands and orgies, really. High school is more dramatic, though.

But are there serious relationships in college? Thats all i really want to commit myself to. I cant stand the idea of 1-night-stand kinda things.

Of course there are serious relationships in college, but there are usually more one night stands and such. There's no definitive rule about what types of relationships happen in highschool/college

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Of course there are serious relationships in college, but there are usually more one night stands and such. There's no definitive rule about what types of relationships happen in highschool/college

Very true, I just hope I dont get into any 1-night stands. I hate them, personally.

Very true, I just hope I dont get into any 1-night stands. I hate them, personally.

Just for the sake of it, how do you know that you hate them? I'm assuming you don't really have any actual experience with 1 night stands from what you've said earlier.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain