How much sleep do you get a night?

x_bow80

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varies a lot, and it'll change when I'm back in college after this summer.

Currently though I usually get about 6 hours on work nights, 1am - 7am. Now and then I might push it to like 5 and a half hours, but I try and get at least 6.

On weekends it's pretty varied, but I usually get ~8 hours or so, and maybe a little more. Of course on the weekend when I wake up I end up staying in bed for like another hour or so just because I don't feel like getting out. :P

I usually get around 8 hours of sleep and still feel tired, but if i wake up 20 minutes earlier than usual I feel much more rested, the problem is i almost always wake up at 8:30 and find trouble waking up earlier.

Being an insomniac, I rarely get more than 3-4 hours of rest a night, if I manage to fall asleep at all. = /

I've been struggling with sleeping-problems for several years now, and I must say--I've yet to "get used to it," unfortunately. My issue lies in actually falling asleep rather than waking at irregular/inconvenient intervals, and, while I've tried various medications, I've decided the side-effects aren't worth the few extra hours of artificial-sleep. -.-

Quite simply, insomnia sucks.

I would probably go see a professional, like your family doctor, if nothing else works. You should really think about getting professional help.

And my mom takes a sleeping pill sometimes, and it works very well for her. I guess it's different for everyone, though.

From 6 to 15 hours, as much as I feel like. I wake up from 6am to 1pm, again as I feel.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I am suffering from Insomnia as well. I am sort of adapting to it. It scared me at first because I was awake for four days at one point. I've now succumbed to the fact that I must deal with my insomnia as most things I've tried don't work :|

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

But I'm curious, have you ever had an experience where you woke up in the morning and

you felt just pretty fine? No slow and moody state of mind that most of us wake up with? Well as I told earlier, we sleep through sleep stages in sleep cycles. Each cycle ends with a period of REM sleep. During REM sleep our physiology and brain waves are the closest to the ones when we're awake. The longest period of REM sleep is towards

the end of sleep, during which we usually wake up for the final time. Now THIS is the biggest problem with sleepers, usually your alarms just kicks you out of a stage and therefore you wake up very, very tired.

This was part of Trapical's 3-part Christmas gift to Tip.it in 2007. The other parts being how to make a paper cup and a pciture of a droopy-eyed dog. I used it (the sleep stuff, not the dog) in scheduling my own sleep cycle for big exams (and normal school days, but mostly big exams).

I get around 9 hours. Bed at about 1:30, wake up around 10:30.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

u all dont sleep enuff i sleep about 9.5 hours a day on school days on friday i may sleep about 2 ours if i get to sleep saturday about 7 hours sleep and on sunday a good 10 hours :D holidays there a mess no sleep for a day or 2 then sleep all day next day ect

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

School nights: Anywhere from 5-8 hours. Usually about 7 hours a night. I feel really great if I can get 8, but my body/schedule rarely allows me to do so.

Vacation: Usually about 10 hours a night. I like to get less, actually, around 8 or 9, but if I go to bed too late (After 3-ish), then I end up sleeping in until around 1 P.M.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

Depends. Last night, I got ~5-6h of sleep, but in the summer I usually sleep for around 10 hours, unless I have work the next day. My typical sleep time during the school year is 3-6 hours/night. Sometimes two hours. As you can imagine, I usually have a tad of trouble with my early classes... #-o

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Usually 6 hours. Same on vacation too, I just can't sleep any longer. I just have to wake up.

Same here. I sleep at 9.. I wake up at 4

I slept last night at 1:30 or so, I woke up at 7:30

Kinda annoying. I do want to sleep longer though

I usually get about 8 hours no matter what time of year it is, however on occasion I might get 9-10 on the weekends/summer..

My friend though seriously gets like 2-3 hours of sleep a night all the time. I'm not kidding! Its absolute madness!!! Sometimes its even less! :shock:

1icyna.png