What do you think will end the human race?

thrash-boy

Yea but only one of them are ignorant and think they own the world and is basically a disease(100 points to whoever guess what species I'm talking about).

Dolphins?

Just kidding,its obviously us.Bastards like us deserve to be shot.I want deers to hunt us like game.I want bushes to pluck balls off us...And I want that to sound less wrong.

Sorry for double post, but do you mean this?

jon5.GIF

I can't see that image what it's ment to be?

But really, chances are we're not responsible for half the stuff we think we are. Ok, maybe not half, but there's certainly stuff out there. So we might not be our own end if it's global warming (which I don't see why that would end humanity in the first place). As for people in fallout shelters after nuclear war: Yes, they'll be alive, but will they be able to reproduce with others? Chances are the next shelter will be a good distance away, and especially over irradiated soil that's a journey. There might be over 100,000, but that's useless unless they can reach each other.

So were not responsible for cutting down the rain forest, being cruel to animals, killing animals when they were protecting there own land, or attacking us when we go into there territory and kill them? Oh and don't forget, overpopulation. If humans over populate what happens? we expand our cities or land and make the animals move/kill them just so we have a place to live. What happens if animals want to go back? We shoot them/put them in the wild and move them to a zoo so people and laugh and point at them.

howlin1eeveesig.png

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boohoo. Animals will survive. Sure, call me an insensitive bastard, but I don't really care. A human's life is worth more than an animal's, always.

That said, I don't think pets should be beaten. They're pets. You're supposed to pet them.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Cockroaches will be the last 'living' thing on Earth. They can even survive a Nuclear Bomb. *Puts on Cockroach Top* 8-)

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Boohoo. Animals will survive. Sure, call me an insensitive bastard, but I don't really care. A human's life is worth more than an animal's, always.

That said, I don't think pets should be beaten. They're pets. You're supposed to pet them.

Lol but there still animals even if they pets so by you it's ok to beat some animals and not others then :thumbdown:

Cockroaches will be the last 'living' thing on Earth. They can even survive a Nuclear Bomb. *Puts on Cockroach Top* 8-)

Actually there are other animals who would survive better then cockroaches.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Actually there are other animals who would survive better then cockroaches.

Meet the waterbear. It can live in suspended animation for like 200 years, survive extreme cold, heat, and radiation, even the vacuum of space.

[hide=]Waterbear.gif[/hide]

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

But really, chances are we're not responsible for half the stuff we think we are. Ok, maybe not half, but there's certainly stuff out there. So we might not be our own end if it's global warming (which I don't see why that would end humanity in the first place). As for people in fallout shelters after nuclear war: Yes, they'll be alive, but will they be able to reproduce with others? Chances are the next shelter will be a good distance away, and especially over irradiated soil that's a journey. There might be over 100,000, but that's useless unless they can reach each other.

So were not responsible for cutting down the rain forest, being cruel to animals, killing animals when they were protecting there own land, or attacking us when we go into there territory and kill them? Oh and don't forget, overpopulation. If humans over populate what happens? we expand our cities or land and make the animals move/kill them just so we have a place to live. What happens if animals want to go back? We shoot them/put them in the wild and move them to a zoo so people and laugh and point at them.

Note that I said "some" things, and that's stuff that could end the world. Being cruel to animals will cause our extinction or the overall destruction of the planet. So I have no idea what you're going on about.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

(sorry this is getting a bit off topic)

Who goes out to beat wild animals?

Try here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGFBEYdc90

NEW DELHI, India, March 6, 2003 (ENS) - An endangered wild Asian elephant caught in a management program sanctioned and paid for by a state government in India, has died at the hands of its captors. The torture that claimed its life, and the death itself, was filmed by an award winning crew hired by the state to document its elephant management program, according to the International Fund for Animal Welfare and its Indian partner the Wildlife Trust of India.

(from here)

Also Animal Torture in Circuses

But it's circuses mainly(I think)

howlin1eeveesig.png

Yeah, it's mainly circuses in third world countries and India. I'm not talking about that, though, I meant that if it comes down to it, animals are worth less than people.

I'd love to see those people done justice to, but it's a relatively large part of their culture, so there's really nothing to do about it except hope the lion escapes.

Mmm, anyways, we're getting off-topic.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I belive it will be a comet. Comest are a little different then astroids. We cant track them, we cant destroy them, and we dont even know how many there are around us this very moment.

But who knows, when our times comes...we will know it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Well, a comet would do much more than an asteroid, but in thousands, or even millions of years in the future, we might be able to destroy it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Well, a comet would do much more than an asteroid, but in thousands, or even millions of years in the future, we might be able to destroy it.

Indeed, im think in about 200-400 years, we should have the ablity to destroy one, but who knows. By then we could be whiped out by one. Only we that we could save our sleves is to plan for the after math and try to save as many as we can.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Considering a comet could start a war in Avatar...Its pretty viable.Then again its the same place where a lunar eclipse nearly kills a tribe...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

It's. A. Rock.

Yeah. With. Millions. Of. Species.

Yea but only one of them are ignorant and think they own the world and is basically a disease(100 points to whoever guess what species I'm talking about).

Intelligient life is quite possibly the best thing to happen to this solar system, maybe this galaxy in it's history. A bunch of dumb animals exist for no reason other than to increase the possibility of more intelligient life surfacing in this universe.

If you think of us as nothing more than a disease, when all we're doing is the exact same thing as any other animal but with more power to do it [or rather, better than another species because of environmental incentives], then you belong in a tree bub, not in a suburb.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

A bunch of dumb animals exist for no reason other than to increase the possibility of more intelligient life surfacing in this universe.

Don't forget we evolved from one of them "dumb animals".

And who knows maybe in a few millions years, if given the chance(like we were) maybe they will be intelligient(or at least enough for you)

howlin1eeveesig.png

A bunch of dumb animals exist for no reason other than to increase the possibility of more intelligient life surfacing in this universe.

Don't forget we evolved from one of them "dumb animals".

Yea, and that's their purpose. To give rise to sentient life. Like us.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Oh please, did you get that idea from the Christian philosophy of animals being made to serve man? Think outside the box. We're not really advancing - our technology is. Put the average person in the wild for a week and they'll probably end up dead.

You say intelligent life is a good thing, but why? What have we achieved? The ability to become so dependent on our own machines while ruining the environment too? Sounds like a losing situation to me.

I'll change my mind once someone cracks the mystery of the universe, but until then we're mostly just a nuisance to the other species.

Wouldn't suprise me if a meteorite collided with Earth, killing most life. That's how I'd expect the human race to become extinct.

I mass virus could attack human life, though I don't think it would be the cause of complete extinction. There will always be people on islands where the virus wouldn't be able to reach them. Something like 30 Days Later could be a possibility, killing many people, but the few that remain would always survive.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Oh please, did you get that idea from the Christian philosophy of animals being made to serve man? Think outside the box. We're not really advancing - our technology is. Put the average person in the wild for a week and they'll probably end up dead.

You say intelligent life is a good thing, but why? What have we achieved? The ability to become so dependent on our own machines while ruining the environment too? Sounds like a losing situation to me.

I'll change my mind once someone cracks the mystery of the universe, but until then we're mostly just a nuisance to the other species.

(This goes out to all Animal > Human or Animal=Human thinking people.) Not advancing? We went from the average person being illiterate to the average person being literate. Most of our knowledge we take for granted. Try explaining the basic structure of an atom or the works of a simple car axel to someone from the 5th century. And without that advancement you would of never been born.

Other animals can't think nor reason as well as humans. To them, we're just another big pretator. They don't think "Oh god damn those humans, melting ma polar ice caps!" Most of the animals in the world don't even know we exist actually... They don't see the ice melting and assume its humans. They get realize they're melting and its going to be tougher to survive.

I mean, people like you have a choice. Stay in your current position in a house and food, or go to the wild. You even can kill yourself if you just think humans are a bunch of stupid, ignorant creatures. Oh wait, you don't! Because you live having a roof over your head and food whenever you want. And you like to live for that matter. <3:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Wouldn't suprise me if a meteorite collided with Earth, killing most life. That's how I'd expect the human race to become extinct.

I wouldn't be surprised if war is the thing that ends the human race

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

That's exactly my point: Only species of intelligience comparable or beyond humans would be able to do anything in this universe besides eat, poop, and sleep. My point is much the same as yours: I find hope in humans for coming to understand the universe and possibly even beyond. All other life exists, in my opinion, for the purpose of either supporting the intelligient species of the area or giving rise to an intelligient species if there already isn't one there [i find two species of different evolutionary backgrounds growing to become sentient within a realistic timeframe of each other unrealistic, although odds are that it has happened somewhere in the universe].

Obviously, for the sake of the advanced species "killing off" other species is meaningless, and actually a hindrance [intellectually and physically], if it is not for basic survival needs. But I do not care for plants or minerals for their sakes- I care for them for the sake of us, humans.

Side note: I foresee the question "what is the meaning of life?" coming at some point in this debate [stemming from trying to find the worth of different types of life], unless we can avoid the question. But mind you, if, or most likely when we reach it, all debate will become a moot point as this is a dead end currently. Or we could just scream "42" and move on I suppose.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

:o didn't expect to see this topic being so popular.

but in all honesty, with the infinite span of the universe

wrong. scientists estimate it to be atleast 93 billion light years across. they also believe it to be growing constantly, which they have figured out (as far as i know) by measuring distances to other places long distances away, and measuring the distance again later. they found the distance to be increasing, therefor the universe must be expanding.

this supports the big bang theory. the universe is still 'exploding' (expanding) continually from the big bang

eventually it will expand so much that there is insufficient heat per space ratio remaining to support life. if nothing else kills us, that's what will.

as for traveling to other already existing life supporting planets i dont think it would happen. if the universe is 93 billion light years wide and the planet is half way across the universe from us, that's at least 46.5 billion years before we could reach it, even more with the universe expanding constantly

assuming females cant produce children after the age of 50 on average (im averaging it) it would take 930 million generations of people before we reached it if we kept reproducing on the way there and telling our kids what where doing and where were heading.

now I'm very sure that we would fall well short of 930 million generations due to inbreeding, even if we did somehow manage to create a ship that could supply water, heat and everything else for 930 million generations of people and make them travel at the speed of light the entire way

unless we find another planet we can inhabit that is very close then that cant be an option.

my opinion: we will kill ourselves in some way. global warming, over population, the bird flu or whatever, it will be originally caused or expanded to be a problem by us and it will kill us before any sun dying or universe expanding does.