What do you think will end the human race?

thrash-boy

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our own stupidity and greed will be our downfall. Corruption of world leaders being payed off by big business, not taking action on the things that really matter, becoming blind to anything except their next dollar. Or maybe it will be kittens, somewhat like the Eyes of Gloughphrie quest. Whichever comes first.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

War or a natural disaster simple as that

Not really that simple. For a race as advanced, intelligent, aware, and far-flung as our own (oh, and we're thumby), it'd be tough for near anything to end us entirely. Short of evolution into a new species or the planet being destroyed or something, that is.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

War or a natural disaster simple as that

Not really that simple. For a race as advanced, intelligent, aware, and far-flung as our own (oh, and we're thumby), it'd be tough for near anything to end us entirely. Short of evolution into a new species or the planet being destroyed or something, that is.

Not that tough for my army of 19 million genetically modied and radioactive super guineau pigs! Teeth of steel, claws of fire, fat bodies of laziness and overeating!

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Unfortunately this topic is way too big for me to read through it before posting. However, I do not think any pandemic would be capable enough to wipe out the entire human race simply because there will always be those who are immune. And using the generic "survival of the fittest" theory, this basically would mean the immune gene would be carried on into the next generation, in this sense evolving.

Humans are very adaptable and capable thanks to the simple fact we have a thumb and fingers that allow us to make a pinching motion and therefore learned while we evolved how to manipulate objects. In practice this means that unless our natural environment was to be completely wiped out through e.g. global natural disasters, there will always be some of us who survive and reproduce.

Even if disasters such as if the ozone layer disappeared and left us unprotected from ionising electromagnetic rays, radioactivity suddenly exploding into such extreme levels that even hiding under earth wouldn't protect us from ray disease (look at atom bomb victims and you get the idea of how deadly that is, it basically is like being drilled with billions of small invisible holes through your entire body. Soviet Russia conducted experiments of sending thousands of soldiers into Chernobyl a week after the explosion to see if they could survive. None of the test subjects did.) and flooding to such extreme layers all land would disappear (which is practically impossible as you would still have himalaya and other high-above-water places) or simply a crazy Dr Paul Leet going berserk with the baby-making - the earth would be covered with so many babies using up all our oxygen, we would instantly die from suffocation. Let's hope Paul behaves until I can meet him irl and have him sterilised...

:lol:

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

What will end the Human Race?

Simple.

The Human Race.

Stupid Humans.

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

Why do people think global warming would kill out our entire race? That's not even a significant danger to humanity. Nuclear weapons possibly, if every single one of them detonated at once. But I'm sure a man and a woman somewhere would survive that.

The whole mars colonization...probably wont happen. sure there is ice there but recently they found perchlorate in the soil..

If you know your chemistry, perchlorates are strong oxidizers which would kill microorganisms and greatly restrict growth of plants.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Cell phones, tv, radio, and so on, will end the human race. We're going to be more and more and more saturated with this stuff until our brains congeal and we forget how to reproduce.

Heh, Humans will never forget how to reproduce :lol: .

But yeah options are endless.

abc_king11.png

Max_P0w3r2.png

Cell phones, tv, radio, and so on, will end the human race. We're going to be more and more and more saturated with this stuff until our brains congeal and we forget how to reproduce.

Heh, Humans will never forget how to reproduce :lol: .

But yeah options are endless.

I'm talking really long-term, like what they say about global warming. Don't be surprised when it happens. And you can tell we're heading in that direction because we have to take classes to learn it in the first place.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

That's how to have safe sex. We don't need them, but it helps younger children. I mean, it's better to do that then throw a pair of naked kids into a ring and say "Go wild", eh?

Basically, if there are still holes and things to put in the holes, we won't forget. ;)

Why do people think global warming would kill out our entire race? That's not even a significant danger to humanity. Nuclear weapons possibly, if every single one of them detonated at once. But I'm sure a man and a woman somewhere would survive that.

The ice caps would melt and flood us, also I don't think this is classed as global warming but the ozone layer or w/e could get screwed up due to greenhouse gases and we'd get sizzled.

Why do people think global warming would kill out our entire race? That's not even a significant danger to humanity.

-as already said, polar caps melting = flooding.

-stopping of golf stream > ice age of Europe.

-more heat = more evaporation = more clouds = more rain = more/more intense floods

-more heat = more evaporation = less water left on ground = more/more intense droughts

ie half the world will experience record droughts/water shortage while the other half will experience record floods.

-extinction of certain species (eg bee's) = infertile crops (bee's carry nectar from male plants to female plants) = mass food shortages

-more hurricanes/tornado's or whatever due to higher temperatures and more water evaporating (i dont know exactly how hurricanes work) = mass destruction of city's etc = food/water/health contamination/shortages in that city/surrounding areas

-increase in allergens (im no medical expert so don't ask me how) = alot more people allergic to peanuts/other stuff and maybe eventually alot of other things

-disappearing plankton (bottom of food chain)

-CO2 increasing acidity of ocean waters

imagine if all them things and alot more hit at once. im not saying it would send us extinct, but it is defiently a significant danger to the majority of the worlds population

there just a few i got from the first page i got when i googled

you can see that page here

Why do people think global warming would kill out our entire race? That's not even a significant danger to humanity.

-as already said, polar caps melting = flooding.

-stopping of golf stream > ice age of Europe.

-more heat = more evaporation = more clouds = more rain = more/more intense floods

-more heat = more evaporation = less water left on ground = more/more intense droughts

ie half the world will experience record droughts/water shortage while the other half will experience record floods.

-extinction of certain species (eg bee's) = infertile crops (bee's carry nectar from male plants to female plants) = mass food shortages

-more hurricanes/tornado's or whatever due to higher temperatures and more water evaporating (i dont know exactly how hurricanes work) = mass destruction of city's etc = food/water/health contamination/shortages in that city/surrounding areas

-increase in allergens (im no medical expert so don't ask me how) = alot more people allergic to peanuts/other stuff and maybe eventually alot of other things

-disappearing plankton (bottom of food chain)

-CO2 increasing acidity of ocean waters

imagine if all them things and alot more hit at once. im not saying it would send us extinct, but it is defiently a significant danger to the majority of the worlds population

there just a few i got from the first page i got when i googled

you can see that page here

though i give credit to the fact that serious change in climate could do some damage i dont see it severly reducing the human population, except for maybe massive food shortages that could do a lot. As for disastors causing major deaths I doubt it because everyone would slowly move to the more moderate areas or learn to cope with what occured

so very very true

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.