What do you think will end the human race?

thrash-boy

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the mian calander says that the world will end in 2012 and quite frankly its been right more often then your book.

personally i believe either an asteroid, or a miscalculation and the particle excelorator causes a black hole and life ends as we know it. failing anything els a supernova should do it.

The Mayan calendar ends in 2012, no where does it say that it will be the end of the world.

snowsigyy7.png

the mian calander says that the world will end in 2012 and quite frankly its been right more often then your book.

personally i believe either an asteroid, or a miscalculation and the particle excelorator causes a black hole and life ends as we know it. failing anything els a supernova should do it.

The Mayan calendar ends in 2012, no where does it say that it will be the end of the world.

My calender ends December 31st 2008.We're doomed!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

They were suffering from things like the plague (not sure) and spanish flu at the time, do you really think a stupid calendar was worth more to them than lots of lives?

Headshotcatcher.png

If we sit on Earth long enough, the sun in its ending stages in turning into a somewhat of a gas giant and completly consuming the inner-planets. If not, some powerfull plack hole that gets completly out of control and obliterated the milky way.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I say that we'll reach some speed above the speed of light, perpetually making us younger. We shall never die. :ugeek:

Remember people in the 18th century saying if humans went any faster than 25 MPH our blood would boil?

Well, I guess we just have to find out for ourselves what exactly would happen if a human went equal or greater than the speed of light.

They were suffering from things like the plague (not sure) and spanish flu at the time, do you really think a stupid calendar was worth more to them than lots of lives?

Um..no? I can't tell whose post you're responding to.

snowsigyy7.png

Says logic.

Light can travel at the speed of light. And light is energy. I don't know where I'm going. But okay.

You know, there really is no present. Apparently, nothing's instantaneous.

That's stupid.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I say that we'll reach some speed above the speed of light, perpetually making us younger. We shall never die. :ugeek:

Nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light ;)

Well due to recent scientific breakthroughs we can slow light down to a pace where we can exceed it :ugeek:

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light ;)

Well due to recent scientific breakthroughs we can slow light down to a pace where we can exceed it :ugeek:

Yeah just slow down the sun and BAM we have frozen sun

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

nothing can travel faster than light ;)

the end of the human race will likely be caused by a superdisease, maybe a complete crash of all computers, or the super-massive black hole at the centre of the galaxy. I would start ranting on about astrophysics, but I would bore everyone, so I'll resist it.

I know waaaay too much for a 15 year old :geek:

EDIT: just read what maul said, any links to that? sounds interesting.

2Xeo5.png

the end of the human race will likely be caused by a superdisease, maybe a complete crash of all computers, or the super-massive black hole at the centre of the galaxy. I would start ranting on about astrophysics, but I would bore everyone, so I'll resist it.

Yeah, I bet you're really smart, thanks for telling us.

snowsigyy7.png

Link to slowing light down:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/18/AR2007011801683.html

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

That's only a theory. Even now, I can say that Eisenstein's Theory of Relativity is made up. Though according to current theorys, you're correct. Anything mass that approaches the speed of light becomes increasingly and increasingly smaller until it reaches zero. However, if we were to go past the speed of light, we would go backwards, essentially through time.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

All that is needed to exceed the speed of light is a "warp drive," the basic idea behind it being that you would shrink space in front of you and expand space behind you to basically be propelled along. The only problem is that no one knows how to shrink or expand space, and even if they did the energy required would be enormous.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The big black hole at the edge of the universe?Sir,I can safely say by the time it gets here we'd have rolled down into the sinkhole that is the Sun,which (hopefully) would not have imploded by then.Yeah I know way too much about astrophysics for a guy whose family pays $5 for school fees.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

The big black hole at the edge of the universe?Sir,I can safely say by the time it gets here we'd have rolled down into the sinkhole that is the Sun,which (hopefully) would not have imploded by then.Yeah I know way too much about astrophysics for a guy whose family pays $5 for school fees.

:lol: :lol: #-o

All that is needed to exceed the speed of light is a "warp drive," the basic idea behind it being that you would shrink space in front of you and expand space behind you to basically be propelled along. The only problem is that no one knows how to shrink or expand space, and even if they did the energy required would be enormous.

Regardless, that's not really going faster than light, you're merely beating it to the point by taking a shorter distance. When we say the speed of light, usually it refers to c, the speed of light in a vacuum.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

In the red corner, weighing in at several hundred billion million kilograms! Its everybody's favourite destroyer of worlds... THE BLACK HOLE FROM THE LHC!!

AAAAAND!!

In the blue corner! Weighing in at pretty much nothing! Its that oh so famous cloud of hot air... THE 2012 Doomsday theories!!

probably nuclear war though.

lol, i'm going to go out on my back porch on watever day it is and when the time strikes, scream "I'M STILL HEEEERRRE!"

Oh, yeah, the LHC black hole would evaporate before it sucked up the whole earth. US is safe :-)!

Regardless, that's not really going faster than light, you're merely beating it to the point by taking a shorter distance. When we say the speed of light, usually it refers to c, the speed of light in a vacuum.

Hm. I have this idea (though it may be completely stupid):

They are trying to figure out the nature of a field that makes certain objects have mass, am I right? The field of Higgs bosons?

Would it be possible to create mass-free conduits through space in order to travel at light speed?

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

indeed, think of a peice of paper, run your finger along it. now fold it in half over and over, now run your finger along it again, and it will take less time. thats the basic principle(I think :oops: )

pretty much a wormhole, your crushing space together. which, theoriatically, takes a ridiculous amount of energy. from a forgotten source: in the same way a battery gets a tiny, tiny amount heavier when its fully charged(energy weighs something)

it takes something like 10 million tons of pure energy to power a metre wide wormhole for a minute.

that could have been proven wrong by now though, read it quite a while back.

2Xeo5.png