100% F2P: An Achievement?

IGrantCI

I personally have been able to afford membership since I started playing in 2003, but I liked both the simplicity of f2p, and the constantness (if that's a word). Since rs1, f2p has barely changed, which I really liked. There weren't any weird new updates to have to just adjust to, except for rs2 & rc of course.

This is exactly the reason why I remain f2p too.

I do agree that people shouldn't expect special recognition for achieving a level in f2p, but everyone has their reasons for staying f2p and they should not be talked down to.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

I have nothing against people going P2P, but I do have something against those who diss people who being happy they have obtained their goals on F2P only.

Well I thinks it's stupid if someone gets a level in F2P, and someone else gets it in P2P, and the F2Per think (s)he's better because (s)he worked longer. A level is a damn level, regardless of how you train it.

Well I thinks it's stupid if someone gets a level in F2P, and someone else gets it in P2P, and the F2Per think (s)he's better because (s)he worked longer. A level is a damn level, regardless of how you train it.

And I think you missunderstood the fact that nobody cares if you get a lvl on f2p or p2p. It's been said many times in this thread that a medium lvl f2p is not impressive at all, but what happens when you meet a lvl 124 with ten 99 skills that happens to have never been a member? It would certainly impress me a lot because that situation doesn't happen frecuently, specially on the free worlds.

Something eated my sig.

To be honest, if you "can" afford to pay for members, and chose not too [ :( ] for some stupid reason, and gain a certain level 100% F2P it's not an achievment at all..

@Lordjake; Paying for p2p does make me feel better, i came across the max F2P total without even skilling a lot, 5 bucks for the same levels in 1/2 the time, also at your response to someone else in this thread;

"And if you think a quest cape will bring any type of respect, I feel sorry for you."

I feel sorry for all the people that think 100% f2p will bring any respect.. =D>

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

To be honest, if you "can" afford to pay for members, and chose not too [ :( ] for some stupid reason, and gain a certain level 100% F2P it's not an achievment at all..

@Lordjake; Paying for p2p does make me feel better, i came across the max F2P total without even skilling a lot, 5 bucks for the same levels in 1/2 the time, also at your response to someone else in this thread;

"And if you think a quest cape will bring any type of respect, I feel sorry for you."

I feel sorry for all the people that think 100% f2p will bring any respect.. =D>

100% f2p will bring more respect, like it or not, agree with it or not, it will.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

100% f2p will bring more respect, like it or not, agree with it or not, it will.

Yeah, just like level 3's with rares and capes get more respect than level 100's with the same items. The point is that there is a handicap, therefore making the tasks harder. Them not paying is irrelevant anyways. It doesn't take away the handicap.

1. its human nature for people like x1992x and many other dbags in this forum to put others down and try to take away their glory no matter how a person decides to do something. (in this case, play f2p)

2. it is also out of jealousy that p2pers dont get the same amount of attention as a f2per who has the equivalent stats that can be lvled both on f2p and p2p.

3. if it wasnt a big deal being 100% f2p then there wouldnt be any fuss about them.

after all, your biggest fans are your haters

The way I see it to get similar levels on f2p as p2p you have to sacrifice all the fun stuff in the game that members has to offer. Having fun is the reason I play Runescape so when someone berates me because they are 100% f2p and im p2p i just have to laugh at them, because while they are grinding away click click clicking, i'm getting that exp in half the time and then going out having fun.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The way I see it to get similar levels on f2p as p2p you have to sacrifice all the fun stuff in the game that members has to offer. Having fun is the reason I play Runescape so when someone berates me because they are 100% f2p and im p2p i just have to laugh at them, because while they are grinding away click click clicking, i'm getting that exp in half the time and then going out having fun.

Thats why they deserve more respect.

I made 15m cash (+ 1m items) 100% in f2p, 10m of it after dec 10 updates. Those who get 1k+ total in F2P are gods lol.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Thats why they deserve more respect.

I made 15m cash (+ 1m items) 100% in f2p, 10m of it after dec 10 updates. Those who get 1k+ total in F2P are gods lol.

i lol'ed at that .. those who get 1k+ total in F2P are NOT gods -.- . becuz of you, we get looked down upon.

Anyway, i remain f2p because i dont play much and hence, it would be a waste of money if i had gone membs.. so i rather stay f2p. I do not believe that 100% f2p is an achievement cos no matter how much more time you have spent than a person in p2p, a level is still a level. In addition, i also believe that it is not easy to be a member too(alot of f2per think that it is easy to do stuff in membs). In membs, although it is easier to earn money, it is even easier to lose money as p2p has alot more skills which takes up a lot of money(such as construction herblore summoning etc.). To conclude, i believe that whether in p2p or f2p, whatever that we do, it is just for fun ..

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

All of you don't know what you're talking about. Like the 4th or 5th poster, the one that talked about skirts. First of all, there are no dragon items in f2p. In F2P, Rune Platelegs & Rune Plateskirt almost cost the same.

The reason why having a 100% F2P account is something to be proud of is because since you're F2P, everything is much much harder to achieve than P2P. Therefore, you are much more proud of it than if you took the easy way and went P2P. One reason I'm proud of having a 100% f2p maxed out account is, I can call many level 120s who come to f2p with their dumb skill capes to show off, pc results. In 90% of the cases, their names appear on some PC clan list. Hah.

Why stay F2P?? Why not go p2p?? because by going P2P, all of the hours you spent on leveling your skills in f2p would had been a waste. All of the effort you spent on your account would had been for nothing. Of course, some having a 100% f2p account who is around level 90, that doesn't matter but having a lvl 123 or 124 (124 in my case), going p2p would really matter.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

I played as an F2Per for 5 years before converting into a member.

While members has alot to offer and is generally more fun, F2P keeps you contained and you can focus on the skills you want to. In members however it's different. There's too many things to do sometimes and it drives you crazy. It all really depends when you're ready to take the transition from F2P to P2P in which case you don't go back. ;)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

If you glean some personal satisfaction for being f2p and doing things the hard way, then I commend you doing what is fun for you.

I think it's sort of like being at the bottom of a ten story building. There's an elevator and a staircase, but you decide to take the staircase for a bit of exercise.

The only difference is that when you get to the tenth story, there isn't a guy yelling "f2p noob 1/10 for not taking elivatorz@@@@"

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Why stay F2P?? Why not go p2p?? because by going P2P, all of the hours you spent on leveling your skills in f2p would had been a waste. All of the effort you spent on your account would had been for nothing. Of course, some having a 100% f2p account who is around level 90, that doesn't matter but having a lvl 123 or 124 (124 in my case), going p2p would really matter.

You hit the nail on the head there mate. ::' That's one of my main argurements for staying f2p. I really feel sorry for those people who spend hours getting what could be easy levels in p2p, in f2p, and then converting to p2p. It basically means they've wasted their time.

You hit the nail on the head there mate. ::' That's one of my main argurements for staying f2p. I really feel sorry for those people who spend hours getting what could be easy levels in p2p, in f2p, and then converting to p2p. It basically means they've wasted their time.

Well, that would be me ::' , but I dont feel like I've wasted my time, During my 5 years in f2p, I had a lot of fun, and after reaching my goal of 1k total, f2p got boring b/c I've done almost everything, so I decided it was time to try out new stuff instead of just grinding away at firemaking/fishing,etc. Also another reason why f2p just got boring is they took away PKing (no, dont say BH is PKing, because it's not), PKing was also the reason why it took me 5 years to get 1k total :lol:

As for the question of this topic, no 100% f2p is not an achievement, but actually achieving something like a 99 skill or a goal you've set for yourself is, no matter if you do it in p2p or f2p.

Btw, members is just amazing, and I am having sooooo much fun! :thumbsup:

Staurolite.png

i dont see it much as an achievement more as cant be bothered paying for p2p, its like people that are like "real men wear skirts" in rs its not that real men wear skirts its just they dont have enough for Dlegs.

So at your question no, f2p is not an achievement.

real men do wear skirts!

75168101mu4.jpg

No, 100% F2P is not an achievement. I don't get members because honestly, I would be way to confused with what to do. I'm the type of person who likes to know where everything is, know every method to do something, etc, and with members, it would be very difficult to do that. And right now, I am honestly not trying to play more, but quit lol.

That is just my opinion on the subject.

Also, maybe we don't get respect from you (P2Pers), but I know fellow F2Pers respect each other, for me that is all I need.

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

Wasting time on F2P = Wasting time on P2P. In the end, we play Runescape in our spare time to 'waste time'. Just that some choose to pay to waste their time while others don't

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Wasting time on F2P = Wasting time on P2P. In the end, we play Runescape in our spare time to 'waste time'. Just that some choose to pay to waste their time while others don't

You make it sound so disheartening. When it comes to technicalities, everything we do in life is a "waste of time". It's just a matter of if our methods of wasting time are fun to us or not. ;)

I think this is one of the reasons why people dislike free players. Some of them make a fuss about being 100% F2P and thus they get flammed, whereas innocent F2Pers get caught in the crossfire.

I decide whether i want to be P2P or F2P, not you. But i agree that being a member can be fun.

And no, i don't think 100% F2P is an achievement.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Y'know, most of these p2pers who are falling over each other to declare that they don't think that 100% f2p is an achievement prove in the best way possible that it is. If they really didn't care, if it really didn't matter, would they make such a big deal about it? Human jealousy, among other things, will always tell the truth, even if it wasn't intended that way.

100% f2p is an achievement, simply because of the greater effort required. Rather or not it is a respectable one is ultimately a matter of opinion.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg