Santa Hats skyrocket...and then plumet

Big_Stingman

I read on the main Runescape website that the new reward for Christmas 2008 is a Santa Suit. I decided to check out Santa Hat prices after one day. To me, it was not very shocking, everyone read the news, decided they wanted to have the hat to match, bought, so prices skyrocketed. Then after everyone sold, they plumeted back down.

Here is a pic from the G.E.

[hide=]24ltuo1.png[/hide]

What do you guys think? Will it [bleep]e again around Christmas? Next week? Is everyone going to buy them and sell at Christmas as an investment? Sell now?

Discuss

Edit: I looked around and didn't see another topic on this, if there is I apologize.

Big_Stingman.png

I see it going up christmas.. Not an insane [bleep]e but a good amount..

I find it funny what happened with them lately.. Everyone wanted to have.. everyone realizes it was a bad idea.. and crash.. =D>

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I bet ya the santa suit will be the old school/medieval style green and white and have its own hood or hat of some description

Just to make sure it doesn't match the old santa

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I bet ya the santa suit will be the old school/medieval style green and white and have its own hood or hat of some description

Just to make sure it doesn't match the old santa

could be awsome...

anyways i was talking to chia cha and some other friends about it yesterday and everyone but chia seem to "know" that the price will go down to around 9m and then go up again in december.

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

i sense a price manipulation of a group of wealthy players to make gp and watch everyone else lose their money

:lol:...

i love it when teachers say" go ahead, ask away there are no stupid questions."

i raise my hand and ask" can u pull down your pants? like right now?"

wildysigwithtxt1hy6.gif

I made a small rant about this. I bought a santa just at the beginning of the rise, and I intended to sell it (and regain money I lost from a bad blue h'ween mask investment :P). ONE DAY before the crash, I decided that I was going to sell it the NEXT day. Guess what happened that next day? Yeah... the crash. :P Oh well, it's part of my skilling outfit. I'm keepin it. :D

Blakdragon39.png

Yeah it was funny I saw santas were at 10.8 mil before the [bleep]e and decided I'll cut yews and hope they stabilize and I'll earn my first rare. WRONG! A week after they have doubled and are 20mil. Not long after they are dropping nearly 1mil a day. Crazy how the price went I'm not so sure how this became. But I plan to keep cutting and hope they drop back down to what they were. Also something I've seemed to notice about yews they behave the same way. I've watched them climb above 410 per and then the minute they decline they drop quite a bit I think I saw them at 380 once so I think I might try to make some money merchanting them if I can. And get that santa WOOT! :thumbsup:

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

It is price manipulation. It happened earlier this year and with many other items. Among the names I heard involved with this is the #2 constructor.. along with many others. Very ingenious. I would love to be able to control the price of any item I wanted.

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is price manipulation. It happened earlier this year and with many other items. Among the names I heard involved with this is the #2 constructor.. along with many others. Very ingenious. I would love to be able to control the price of any item I wanted.

Why? Then you'd be a total douche like him.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

^^ If you had the money he had, you would do the same thing. To have control of the whole economy is remarkable.. a folly by Jagex to allow this to happen.

Yeah tbh if I had that ability I would take advantage of it and make some serious cash. But how do they do it exactly?

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

I was just looking through some random graphs yesterday, stumbled across Santa's and was like... Now what's been going on here?

Seems to me like there was a really big demand for them. And now either the demand has gone or everybody's panicked and sold.

I wonder how the upcoming Christmas Santa suit will affect the price.

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

Santa hat is just like every other item on the ge, just this one happened on a bigger scale. Something causes the price to skyrocket, people buy and buy and buy and then when people see the price slowing down they all sell at once. They continue to do this since all the other people now see them dropping and want to sell their while they can and they drop below the price they should be at. Then people see them extremely low and mass buy again and the cycle continues. This happens many many times until they begin to go up and down a little less and that is when they should in theory reach equilibrium.

Most people know about the overbuying and overselling of items on the ge, this is just the new merchanting, even I merchant a little bit if I have 50M+ in bank just buying dragon bones, or ranarrs or chinchompas or anything that has been greatly effected recently and the price range is like 20% from trough to crest.