If there was any doubt before...

Dragonlordjl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. So Jagex wants to make the game more secure for younger players so they can expand their market, which is good in a way. I just hope that in the future they don't release content aimed at 10 year olds...

This game is great and has lots of potential. And Jagex are just digging it's own grave :wall:

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

Why is everyone complaining about a potential increase in younger players? Its not like you play in beginner areas anyway, so don't expect increases to already high volume locations for months if not years.

You still have everything you used to do, you still get your updates, I don't see what the issue is.

Heaven forbid should other lower level players ever get an update just for them or new players start playing.

We're already treated like idiots with the filter, the overly strict rules, and the updates to make things "safer"

Agreed.

So...

You believe it's for the best if players are able to curse like sailors?

You believe it's for the best if the rules were made so that the more fortunate players held the advantages? [Read]

You believe it's a bad idea to improve barriers around dangerous parts of the game? [Read]

1. Yes. Yes I do. When players are able to curse they tend to not. In WoW players CAN curse but many choose not to. In Runescape players CAN'T curse, but many try.

2. To quote Mad Hamis: "Whut?" These aren't the rules being discussed.

3. Yes. Barriers take away the sense of adventure in a game. A dangerous area can be fun if you don't know it's dangerous. It makes the game more exciting.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well I see this future update as a good thing for parents who actually do watch over their children under the age of 13 who do play runescape. It'd be nice for them to set time limits on the game in case that child has homework that needs finishing or perhaps a punishment and doesn't not want to exit the game.

It'd also be good to monitor their friends list to keep their kids safe from child predators and sicko's that may be running around in the game. However the only thing I am going to hate is when I am possibly lingering around in a bank doing a skill such as Herblore or Crafting and so on and see the horribly misspelled words and immature language.

Although this increase of registration of players whether they be free players, members or possible members will mean more money for Jagex which will help them build more staff and contribute more updates.

xxteargodxx.png

So....perhaps we will see some kid on the evening news talking about how he was arrested after killing a bunch of guards and yelling "where Is mah clue!!11!"

:lol:

No, but seriously, I started playing when I was younger (around 12) and I couldn't keep my attention on it for too long so maybe they might join...but whats the probabillity of them staying on for too long? Kids always want to do something new and wont stay on something for too long. Then they will eventually come back and it will seem like new again. (That's what was with me...after about three years.)

Also, if they know they have to have their parents involved...they probably wont play, Or if they're smart they adjust their age.

I am nice. . .

lmao now runescape is gonna be a live feat of the RSOF rant forum... totally immature and with a hellalot quickspam...

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

*cough* generalising *cough*

Well atleast they won't play with free chat...

No really, it takes about 10 minutes to become boring and the kid to make a new account 13+, how is this the best in class? Rest must be methods pointing the way to vulgar language then?