Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today...

Real Life

56862 replies to this topic

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

our problem is Telstra OWN the networking lines in Australia. They're basically 1-step from monopolizing it 100%, if we still had John Howard as a prime minister, it would have happened as he was dumb enough to give them so much access.

Well it's the same here in Canada, Bell owns all the networking lines in Canada, but at least we have a lot of people pushing the government and the CRTC, such as OpenMedia.ca, to get better connections for a better price, and that's something else, we're in a country with one of the highest prices for internet connections, and that's because we have Bell/Bell Aliant, Rogers, and Telus, and the government stops the competition from coming. If they allowed competition from the US to come here we'd have better prices too, we'd have prices similar to those people pay in the US. That's why there are these organisations pushing the government and not the ISPs, the government are those controlling the ISPs more than anything else.

Price wise it is still probably high but eastlink has a decent hold on ISP status where I live.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
I believe Bell only owns the lines in Eastern Canada, here in Manitoba they're owned by MTS, and in Sask. they're owned by Sasktel.

TTanT
[ Display Name History ]

TTanT

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,041 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Amazon gave me a refund on a phone that I'd already received. Giving them this refund back is actually turning out to be a huge pain.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

Tifers say the darndest things

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,492 posts
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Well, Canada may be 220 Estonias but out of my head I can name 4 cable operators and I know there are lots more. Plus we have 3,5G or HSDPA coverage practically everywhere. And 4G in every larger town and on highways. And public wifi in practically every cafe and restaurant and shopping mall.

And the prices are generally low. If I didn't live in the [bleep]ing hellhole where I live right now (in the middle of a forest, 2 km's from nearest village), I could get 150 MBit/s internet for 10€ per month.
Posted Image

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Québec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RSN:Sbr

I believe Bell only owns the lines in Eastern Canada, here in Manitoba they're owned by MTS, and in Sask. they're owned by Sasktel.

Still we talked about it at college and even if you're with a different carrier the connection goes through Bell, even Rogers goes through Bell for internet in Canada, although they have their own cable and fiber lines (yes they do have home fiber plans here). I didn't inform myself on this, but if it's anything like Aliant here (even when it was called NBTel), I think MTS and SaskTel might be owned by Bell too. Anything Sympatico is owned by Bell.

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
Eh eh. Eh, eh eh eh eh. Eh eh! (Sorry guys. Yes, it's a semi-long post. Happens sometimes!)

Today... I finally worked up the balls and swallowed my pride to ask for help with my life. The past couple days I've been doing things I've dreamt of, and it made me realize how unhappy I am with where I am in life. I've been to school in the past, been registered several times, but had to cancel and drop out due to health. I lost the life I wanted, the dream job, the savings, and... Well, I'm ready to get my life back!

So today brought a few things. I've been offered free (paid for) College/University in the past, but my pride got in the way. So, as I often do, I brought my Ma to lunch, only this time swallowed my pride asked for help. I can honestly say that decision will probably have changed my life more then anything.

Turns out... I have a lot more to my name then I thought. I can afford to put myself through school... Several times over! These accounts I've forgotten about and ignored over the years. So, come September, it's back to university!

As if that wasn't exciting enough, she had something to tell me. My grandmother (who I'm very close with), cancelled her surgery (a knee replacement with the same surgeon I have) to give me her time in the OR. My 14th and final surgery... May 28th!

Also, nohomo, but a good watch:

09144a99bb.png

Varda
[ Display Name History ]

Varda

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,534 posts

Eh eh. Eh, eh eh eh eh. Eh eh!

You forgot the important bits...

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Still we talked about it at college and even if you're with a different carrier the connection goes through Bell, even Rogers goes through Bell for internet in Canada, although they have their own cable and fiber lines (yes they do have home fiber plans here). I didn't inform myself on this, but if it's anything like Aliant here (even when it was called NBTel), I think MTS and SaskTel might be owned by Bell too. Anything Sympatico is owned by Bell.

I looked it up, Manitoba, Sask. and Alberta purchased Bell's infrastructure back in the early 1900s. Alberta and Manitoba privatized their telecom services in the 90s, and they became Telus and MTS respectively, while SaskTel is still a crown corporation.

Fibre is pretty much nonexistent here, a few new areas have it, but the fastest internet you can get in most places is 100Mbps from Shaw, and it's something like $200 a month for uncapped data.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,158 posts
Stev and Varda are leaking into Today!

Good luck on the tattoo internship, and welcome back to scholastic life!

Today I called my agent and found out I'm not losing my license which was great news. Went to the dentist, got my teeth cleaned, found out I might need surgery for my receding gum line. Not too concerned with that right now. Then I made a Spicy McGangbang and it was the most delicious thing ever. Still gotta write my paper drawing parallels between Alien Abductions and Religious Peak experiences, but whatever. 2 weeks left til Summer. Just 2 more weeks. Just 2 more weeks.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Then I made a Spicy McGangbang and it was the most delicious thing ever.

Tell me your secrets

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,158 posts

Tell me your secrets

1. Buy:
McDouble ($.99)
Spicy McChicken w/no mayo ($1.20)
2. Open McDouble
3. Remove Pickles
4. place spicy McChicken inside McDouble
5. Bless America
6. Devour.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Tell me your secrets

1. Buy:
McDouble ($.99)
Spicy McChicken w/no mayo ($1.20)
2. Open McDouble
3. Remove Pickles
4. place spicy McChicken inside McDouble
5. Bless America
6. Devour.

I will cry if they don't have spicy McChickens here.

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
Should cry at the extra money you will spend. I believe a mcdouble is 1.79 and a McChicken is a bit more..

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Blake
[ Display Name History ]

Blake

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • RSN:Biake
  • RSN2:Blake-o
I always called it the McChubble, also kept pickles and mayo. Here, it's like 2.89 for both.

Posted Image

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Both a McChicken and a McDouble are on the dollar menu, so with tax they shouldn't be more than $2.35.
Posted Image

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Québec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RSN:Sbr
Here the McChicken alone is 3.25 ...

Nekyia
[ Display Name History ]

Nekyia

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • RSN:Nekyia
Yesterday I went to the pub with some people from work because they have the best fries there and I've been craving them for the past week. So I figured I'd allow myself some unhealthy food if I convinced other people to go with me. Plus it also allowed me to pay for my boss and her boyfriends meals/drinks as a bit of a thank you for all they do for me. Though it comes no where near to being the same amount as what they do for me, but I don't really have much else to offer at the moment, so that's all they get for now :P

Then today I had a horrible day at work where nothing was going right and I struggled with everything and wasted so much [bleep]ing time on the parts for the stupid boat. But then while I was taking the dogs to the park I caught a funny moment of Ammo kind of falling down on video. It was the highlight of my whole day :D

Varda
[ Display Name History ]

Varda

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,534 posts

Stev and Varda are leaking into Today!

Good luck on the tattoo internship, and welcome back to scholastic life!

We're trying to stay off the forums, honest! :P
And thanks, not going for the tattoo yet, but maybe piercings.. Hmm. Poking holes in people would be fun. Anyway, I'll figure it out later, so far it's only Saturdays shift, a nice and easy way back to working again, been a student too long.

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
If I stay off the forums, I get fired. :P.

I'm sure if you get the interview, Varda, you'll get a spot. ^^. And now I'm craving a good ol' fashioned RPG style McGangbang.

God, that sounds a lot worse then it is.

09144a99bb.png

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit

our problem is Telstra OWN the networking lines in Australia. They're basically 1-step from monopolizing it 100%, if we still had John Howard as a prime minister, it would have happened as he was dumb enough to give them so much access.

Telstra used to be a government owned business, like NBN Co. is now. However, Liberal, like they always do, sold them to have the national debt look better on paper, not caring about the repercussions. If their plans for the NBN go through the same thing will happen again.

Stev, I need to do the same. I should really seek help for uni, and my apathy.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Real Life

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Goonstalf in Goonstalf's Blog, on 16 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Source: Today...

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users