Today...

Leoo

My dad caught me smoking this morning.

On a related note, he's letting me do it. Only outside and only 2-5 times a week though. Better than nothing, I'll obviously try to convince him to let me do it every day, or I'll just do it anyway. But his reason for not letting me do it every day is that I could become dependent on it (you can't be physically addicted to marijuana) meaning you don't get any physical withdrawal symptoms.

PM me for fitocracy invite

On a related note, he's letting me do it. Only outside and only 2-5 times a week though. Better than nothing, I'll obviously try to convince him to let me do it every day, or I'll just do it anyway. But his reason for not letting me do it every day is that I could become dependent on it (you can't be physically addicted to marijuana) meaning you don't get any physical withdrawal symptoms.

Lol reminds me of an article i read in a skating zine a few years back regarding mohawks. Your situation kind of falls into the

"I'm allowed to wear my hair in a mohawk as long as my mom thinks it looks neat."

Anyway i don't think parents should encourage/allow their children to break the law.

Anyway i don't think parents should encourage/allow their children to break the law.

If the law is pointless, I don't see why not.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Whether or not the law is pointless should not be any excuse though. You're still allowing them to break a law which could allow to further, worse consequences in the future.

Whether or not the law is pointless should not be any excuse though. You're still allowing them to break a law which could allow to further, worse consequences in the future.

I cannot break laws myself then not let my son break laws, that's called hypocrisy and worse off to me than what a fat white man has written down.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I've often wondered how my parents would take it if they caught me smoking. They'd be fine with cigarettes, my brother started dipping when he was 16 and they were cool with it. But weed, maybe not so much, since my family is super conservative. I just don't intend to find out.

I know my mom would be just fine with me smoking pot, but I don't do it.

Just not my thing.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I cannot break laws myself then not let my son break laws, that's called hypocrisy and worse off to me than what a fat white man has written down.

Can't argue with that..

Can't argue with that..

It's also much safer to do it at home than out somewhere else. His parents logic is probably "if he doesn't do it here he'll do it somewhere else anyway".

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

Holy crap, yesterday we had a physics lab about atomic spectra and we ended up having to stare at the bright lights for most of the 3 hours... Holy headache batman!

Today... Hm... Friday... gotta get dow..no. Have a couple of lectures and have a fb invite to go ice skating so I guess I'll do that. Still flat hunting as well.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Yeah. It's not that I care whether I have permission, I would do it anyway, it's just that having permission makes it so much easier and less stressful. Boros, tobacco in any form is far, far worse than marijuana, so why would they care?

It's not necessarily the tobacco, it's the chemicals they put in the tobacco.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Spent most of today tying up all my loose ends at home... Took my dissertation books back to the various libraries and archives around Hereford I borroed them from, said thanks to the relevant people, did some shopping for Uni grabbing a few last minute things, and also have started packing my books, games, DVD's (I swear these 3 constitue a small library; maybe on the books alone from the amount of people who come to me for help and end up borrowing one of them that I suggest...), Xbox, TV, cutlery, kitchen stuff etc...

Real packing happens tomorrow when clothes are all packed... Then Saturday morning it's off to Lampeter to enter into another soul crushingly depressing year of backstabbing and deciet, in a small Welsh town/village (too big to be a village, too small for a town)... I'm looking forward to being back, seeing everyone I've grown close to, getting back into uni work, getting my dissertation done and meeting some Freshers, hopefully breaking my 2 years being single... Whilst at the same time cannot wait to finish this year and my Masters there and escape because the place and people just destroy me...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Yeah. It's not that I care whether I have permission, I would do it anyway, it's just that having permission makes it so much easier and less stressful. Boros, tobacco in any form is far, far worse than marijuana, so why would they care?

Because you're still breaking the law.

It's not a matter of health, it's a matter of legality. My parents view anything illegal as instantly bad. It's not something I'm going to argue or educate them about because frankly it's not worth the time it takes.

Spent most of today tying up all my loose ends at home... Took my dissertation books back to the various libraries and archives around Hereford I borroed them from, said thanks to the relevant people, did some shopping for Uni grabbing a few last minute things, and also have started packing my books, games, DVD's (I swear these 3 constitue a small library; maybe on the books alone from the amount of people who come to me for help and end up borrowing one of them that I suggest...), Xbox, TV, cutlery, kitchen stuff etc...

Real packing happens tomorrow when clothes are all packed... Then Saturday morning it's off to Lampeter to enter into another soul crushingly depressing year of backstabbing and deciet, in a small Welsh town/village (too big to be a village, too small for a town)... I'm looking forward to being back, seeing everyone I've grown close to, getting back into uni work, getting my dissertation done and meeting some Freshers, hopefully breaking my 2 years being single... Whilst at the same time cannot wait to finish this year and my Masters there and escape because the place and people just destroy me...

Hope things go well for you, man! :thumbup:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

It's not a matter of health, it's a matter of legality. My parents view anything illegal as instantly bad. It's not something I'm going to argue or educate them about because frankly it's not worth the time it takes.

You live in California and your parents aren't even open to discussion about it? Not to mention SF is one of the most progressive, liberal cities in the US... :mellow:

You live in California and your parents aren't even open to discussion about it? Not to mention SF is one of the most progressive, liberal cities in the US... :mellow:

My parents are from Arizona actually, we just lived in SoCal my whole life. I live up here on my own, for college :P

Lol reminds me of an article i read in a skating zine a few years back regarding mohawks. Your situation kind of falls into the

"I'm allowed to wear my hair in a mohawk as long as my mom thinks it looks neat."

My parents are the same, except they did say before "you can grow your hair if you keep it neat", next week they turn around "yeah we're snipping it". face wise, I ONLY look good after I've only just had a haircut for my mohawk, or when my hair reaches under my eyes. Those have been the only times where it doesn't look like a fluffy mess.

@Nom, I'd like to try it one day, 'cept my parents would kick me out (as there is a baby living here) and im a little too scared to waltz the streets looking for a seller in case i'm busted for "sheer curiosity"

Popoto.~<3

Had one of those days when I should have just stayed in bed all day. I really could use some good news or just a good day in the near future. Tomorrow is a new day so hopefully it will get better then.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]