Today...

Leoo

Facebook should of followed Wikipedia's and blacked out for the entire 18th of Jan. Would have gotten a lot of attention or Youtube since they contain a lot of copyrighted material.

I think youtube will blackout for a part of the day. Google said they would.

Reddit went down 10 minutes ago in protest of SOPA. Made me realise how much I rely on it, the internet is now boring.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Reddit went down 10 minutes ago in protest of SOPA. Made me realise how much I rely on it, the internet is now boring.

I don't think I really use anything that blacked out. Maybe if twitter did I'd notice.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Just finished the most brutal phone call ever with unemployment. Apparently they give students the most shit because they don't ever want to see their free money converted into school funding. And to think...had I just told him I was unable to work due to my course schedule, I'd get my check and be on my merry way, but my stupid ass told him I used to work 35/week during the school year so now I have to try to apply to 3 career jobs every week, log it, and report it to him. Barely even seems worth it at this point. Sheesh.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Just finished the most brutal phone call ever with unemployment. Apparently they give students the most shit because they don't ever want to see their free money converted into school funding. And to think...had I just told him I was unable to work due to my course schedule, I'd get my check and be on my merry way, but my stupid ass told him I used to work 35/week during the school year so now I have to try to apply to 3 career jobs every week, log it, and report it to him. Barely even seems worth it at this point. Sheesh.

What's that? Unemployment isn't just free money and you actually have to deserve it?

Poor you.

polvCwJ.gif

What's that? Unemployment isn't just free money and you actually have to deserve it?

Poor you.

perhaps i deserve the condescension, but that doesn't make the system less stupid for those who really do depend on it. I just needed it for gas/food/insurance. i can get by on my savings, I'm just not thrilled about it

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Poor you.

perhaps i deserve the condescension, but that doesn't make the system less stupid for those who really do depend on it. I just needed it for gas/food/insurance. i can get by on my savings, I'm just not thrilled about it

I don't see what's stupid about demanding that employable people requesting unemployment funds have to look for jobs.

polvCwJ.gif

The whole point of unemployment is to hold you over until a new job, not to encourage you to sit on your ass, getting free money from the government. I remember talking to my step uncle during Christmas and he's currently on unemployment and has to do the same thing.

tFtfA.jpg

Ten and a half hours of sleep last night and I still didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. What the heck...

It also is snowing like crazy right now. I won't get my hopes up for class cancellations, since they rarely happen on a college campus.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Are you kidding me? In the UK you have to log ten actions a week, and you're whining about three?

Today I'm going to (try and) stay away from the Internet. I can't believe as someone who's made over 3,000 contributions to Wikipedia, I can't even edit a bloody page right now to fulfill my voluntary role because a supposedly apolitical website has blacked itself out with 24 hours notice, despite the fact I live in a country which won't even be affected by SOPA. A US blackout I can (kind of) understand, to do it globally is disrupting people who don't need protecting in the first place.

Don't get me wrong. I'm vehemently against SOPA. I just find the 'protests' ridiculously misdirected. How about I protest about my public sector pension outside a privately owned business who's got nothing to do with it? Yeah, we'll see how that works out.

This bill affects the entire internet due to the pure volume of content hosted in the United States. For that reason I have no problems with any non-US blackouts.

polvCwJ.gif

Even those who have "neutral documentation of facts (not opinion)" as one of their core policies?

Neutrality on this issue is to report how much opposition there is to it, even the White House disagrees with this bill. It's not to join the mob.

Even those who have "neutral documentation of facts (not opinion)" as one of their core policies?

Neutrality on this issue is to report how much opposition there is to it, even the White House disagrees with this bill. It's not to join the mob.

When the facts threaten your very existence, neutrality can and should go out the window.

polvCwJ.gif

I think I read somewhere that the two most used sources on Wikipedia are al-Jazeera and the BBC. I suppose they'll both "go out of the window" if SOPA comes in, being US-based organisations.

So because your two most used sources won't be affected you should abandon your hundred of thousands of others? Not to mention that Wikipedia has servers in the states and unless I'm mistaken their headquarters are there too.

I'm also willing to bet that the largest chunk of their user base is in the United States.

Fact is, worst case scenario, wikipedia has a lot to lose.

polvCwJ.gif

Crazy warm today. It was like 7 degrees this afternoon ©, and almost no wind at all. Considering that yesterday was more like -10 with a -17 windchill, and that feels pretty much like a little bit of summer. Of course, sun is going down now so its closing in on freezing again, and the wind has picked up. Still, a nice break from winter.

Pff, just spent three hours setting up that electric drum kit just to find out I don't have the proper headphones for it. Talk about frustrating.

Personally, the SOPA protests make me feel good, just a little bit. It's like the internet's all united against a common foe. A day where both Wikipedia and 4chan are trying to reach the same goal is a strange day indeed.

Pff, just spent three hours setting up that electric drum kit just to find out I don't have the proper headphones for it. Talk about frustrating.

Personally, the SOPA protests make me feel good, just a little bit. It's like the internet's all united against a common foe. A day where both Wikipedia and 4chan are trying to reach the same goal is a strange day indeed.

So true. The internet seems to have mostly, if only for a little while, put aside their disagreements to face a bigger enemy. I have never seen an internet so united to a common focus before.

I also just read this: http://www.develop-online.net/news/39527/Jagex-and-Tiga-hit-out-at-SOPA

Right at the end it mentions EA, Sony and Nintendo all being against SOPA now (I wonder if they just didn't want to be seen supporting it though). Whatever their reason, its nice to have the world gaming giants on the side of the internet.

And of course, this means sony and 4chan are on the same team now too. At least until the vote.