Today...

Leoo

I can't remember where they left their car, but a while back we got a really good windstorm, and I think we were at the gas station getting fuel for the generator, and a family friend pulls up and their car is just caked in salt. Like, I think they got to the gas station by driving with their head out the window because their windshield was opaque. We weren't terribly far from the ocean, but I think their car was actually at the beech for some reason, so it got a salt water bath that dried on it. My parents seem to be close enough to a salt water body that hurricanes normally salt all the windows on the front of the house. You can still see through them fine, but they look filthy.

I didn't know ocean water did that too. Here it's just that the winter, with all the salt and dirt they put on the roads to help with traction sticks to the cars. Oddly enough it's the first year it gets that bad on my car, yet they're almost not putting any salt on the roads compared to usual.

A week or two ago I dropped my laptop and the bit where the charger goes in cracked, as in the black plastic around it cracked. Nothing came off and it still worked, but I had to make the cord go under the laptop and then back out or the charger would come out.

Last night I dropped it again and the plastic around the charger is now shattered.

This means it works better than it did before.

Damn I'm good.

PM me for fitocracy invite

A week or two ago I dropped my laptop and the bit where the charger goes in cracked, as in the black plastic around it cracked. Nothing came off and it still worked, but I had to make the cord go under the laptop and then back out or the charger would come out.

Last night I dropped it again and the plastic around the charger is now shattered.

This means it works better than it did before.

Damn I'm good.

you should be more careful with your laptop :ohnoes:

anyways, I've been busy with various things and right now i have a bit of down time before work

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

Today, the largest non-violent demonstration in the history of the country since the Singing Revolution took place. People demonstrated against the ACTA, which our foreign ministry tried to sign without it going through the parliament. [bleep]ing officials are paid off, methinks and the prime minister has made a complete fool out of himself with that topic. Sad is that media is seemingly also on the side of the foreign ministry, stating the "public doesn't need to know". Country is Estonia btw. Too sad I couldn't be on the spot, as we had to drive all around the city in search for a suit for me that I need for tomorrow, since we go to perform in a church and then after abroad. Not too easy to find a suit when you are 200 cm's or 6'9 tall...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

To the video on the last page, I am very happy to live in a country where that kind of conduct would have you brought up on multiple felony charges, like assaulting a minor and assault with a weapon, and you'd be seeing many years of jail time. I'm not even sure that spanking (bare handed, once) is strictly legal in this country.

Started playing galactic empires again. I need to rethink about creating a map that caters more to my play style. And not building an economy that actually requires war profiteering to maintain peek capacity without running at a deficit.

This is one of the better articles in the last month or two I think (First place for me is 7 Charming Amenities of the World's Grossest Motel Room). The worst part is, it all makes perfect sense, at least for all the shows I am really familiar with (such as Winnie the Pooh and Thomas the tank engine). But my favourite article they have published, and possibly the first one I read after the things you wont believe aren't photoshopped article, is[spoiler=Warning, First Animal is worlds largest Spider] 6 Endangered Species That Aren't Endangered Enough.

For arachniphobes, here is the second page (no insects or arachnids): http://www.cracked.com/article_16054_6-endangered-species-that-arent-endangered-enough_p2.html

Weather finally did something. Been raining all day. Not sure if I like this more than snow or not. It's less work, but wetter.

Going to read that Cracked article a bit later, but I love that website. It would be fun if there were more of the better articles.

Yesterday's Lan party went pretty good. Played a good bit of blur, counter strike, and some dawn of war, it's just a shame that we were much less people than usual.

I had a friend with, I guess moderate or maybe mild arachnophobia. From her I leaned that even seeing a picture of a spider was enough to make her really uncomftorable, and I actually started using it as threat if she ever talked to me about parasitic intestinal worms again, especially near or during a meal.

I knew of six of those. Only one I didn't know was the first one... which is awesome :thumbup:

I had a friend with, I guess moderate or maybe mild arachnophobia. From her I leaned that even seeing a picture of a spider was enough to make her really uncomftorable, and I actually started using it as threat if she ever talked to me about parasitic intestinal worms again, especially near or during a meal.

I have arachnophobia hardcore. I'm glad I didn't click that link...just thinking of spiders makes me feel uncomfortable.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Edited in the link for the second page. The animals on page one were a big spider, slavemaker ant, and ganges shark. Page two is a flower, a bird, and a surprise (its not disturbing to like anyone, in any way, no worries). If you don't want to scroll up: http://www.cracked.com/article_16054_6-endangered-species-that-arent-endangered-enough_p2.html

Today, went to perform with the choir to a church. Only got glowing response from the audience, hoping to do well on the international competitions later this month in Lithuania.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

That's a nice find, Nom. I've spent much of today browsing the internet, and made a rather inactive thread with plenty of bickering. I like where Off Topic is going.

You seriously expect to make a thread about the concepts of ethics and morality as a whole and expect there to not be bickering? Don't blame this on OT lol.

God damn being privileged and financially well off sucks. Every scholarship organization wants me to explain hardships I've had in my life or demonstrate financial need. We may not be struggling to put food on the table every night but it's not like we can just drop $80,000 "just cause". Paying for college is hard for everyone, not just the bottom of the 99%...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg