Today...

Leoo

Saw the writing on the wall for bt yesterday. Lets just say that my internet traffic has immediately jumped up in an effort to provide myself with a buffer. It's a shame (for me), I think they were the best torrent site. Can't say I blame them though.

And once again, I am awake to late because I forgot to take the sleeping pills. Should have me out like a light (or at least crawling for bed) in an hour though. Will be an even earlier day.

And don't become a realist either Tim, that's almost as bad (or maybe worse because its the same thing with a label trying to justify itself). There are so few of what I would consider true realists at least.

Trying to prepare one of my flash drives to be usable as a bootable drive so I can put the developer preview of Win 8 on my laptop. It's only a 4GB drive and has taken 10 minutes to get 20% formatted. I'm getting an EEG test done tomorrow and at the rate this is going I'll need them to permit me to sleep for the whole [bleep]ing test.

EDIT: Nearly [bleep]ed my computer over, hard reset saved it. Had to switch to my friend's 8GB flash drive as somehow a drive that was 3.72GB formatted couldn't hold 3.6GB of files. It's now at 55% formatted.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I'm not even sure what I would consider a true realist. Something between a pessimist and an optimist I suppose. Someone who recognizes the good people are capable of, but isn't constantly expecting our best.

I'm not even sure what I would consider a true realist. Something between a pessimist and an optimist I suppose. Someone who recognizes the good people are capable of, but isn't constantly expecting our best.

I think a realist could be defined to be an individual who rejects the impractical and/or idealistic. Or, alternately, they 'deal with reality on reality's terms, by focusing on the observable and objective facts.'

I'm not sure if I'm a realist, but it seems to fit me pretty well.

I would consider myself a realist (borderline pessimist/defeatist). A realist would be someone who doesn't sit and always hope for the best outcome of a situation. They realize that failure is a plausible outcome, and they put that in their mental calculations accordingly.

I'd rank them accordingly:

defeatist - pessimist - realist - (neutral ground/unrealist?) - optimist - idealist

We need a name for people who are between realist and optimist.

I had them the same originally, but I like the symmetry more if I separate them, otherwise realist ends up in the neutral spot (and its not neutral in my experience), so I would have had to add another blank spot. To be fair, I consider optimism and idealism to be roughly the same thing as well.

So I could do it as: defeatist/pessimist - realist - [un-realist] - optimist/idealist

I like this more. Defeatist and idealist are just greater extremes, and didn't need their own category.

The other way I thought about it is: defeatist/pessimist - realist - [neutral] - optimist - idealist.

And yes, I have too much time right now.

I always thought of realism as being the middle ground, you're not looking through rose-tinted glasses but you're not being pessimistic either, you're just looking at it the way it is. Oh well, I've been wrong before.

I think I'm sick right now, not sure.

Before I run off to do other things...

Part of the problem is that a lot of people who I'm quite certain are actually pesemists call themselves realists, when in fact its their own pessimism that makes them think they have a realistic outlook. They believe so wholeheartedly that everyone performs at a sub par level that to them, that is being realistic. So maybe that is coloring my view, and realism is the true middle ground. Something for me to think about as I carry on with my day.

Optimal realism?

The problem with classifying them is that they all depend on perspective. Where I may have a pessimistic view of a certain situation, someone else may have an optimistic view. And we could both be correct...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Exactly. I don't think there is such a thing as a complete, true realistic. You can get close, but because you're still biased (whether by opinions, prejudices, or even senses) you can never be completely realistic.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Also fair points (I'm back...for now).

I think I might just go back to my original view, where everyone sits someplace between optimist and pessimist, and realist was a term made up as justification for pessimisim :^_^:

It's very hard to actually categorize people, unless you want to invent a couple hundred new words and the words needed to define them (since english lacks words [and concepts] to accurately define a personality in full).

Sitting in my education 305 class waitng for it to start. I woldn't mind this classs at all, excpet for the fact that the class is a hybird of on-line and on campus. Another annoying fact is that the class meets at another secondary campus about 35 minuets away. I hate driving...especially on a toll road :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I'd rank them accordingly:

defeatist - pessimist - realist - (neutral ground/unrealist?) - optimist - idealist

We need a name for people who are between realist and optimist.

A practicalist? :mrgreen:

They're all silly words when you try to apply them to real people's lives.

I applied to a couple of jobs today. I feel really confident that somebody will hire me this time because every manager I went to actually had a conversation with me rather than taking the application and giving me a "kthxbai". The manager at IHOP even gave me a quick interview so I'm happy.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Been watching all of Burst Angel all morning till now. 1.5 hrs till work. Dunno weather to call it a practical day or not, didn't do much walking today due to a painful blister on my heel but I managed to do a bit.

Popoto.~<3

Good news everybody. The tests came up normal.

Bad news: I probably have epilepsy and I'm now on meds and can't drive for another 3 months.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Back from work, and after some ideas etc, I know EXACTLY what Tattoo I want. Know what, IDGAF what else else thinks, I like the design of it and its the exact area dimension of one I want.

2e1w46o.png

Roughly how it'll look:

f27eq.jpg

Popoto.~<3