Today...

Leoo

You did more then chase the purple dragon, you caught and tamed it. Now you ride on, through the white "snow", on a quest to become Herokin: Drug'nBored!

OH MAI GAWWWD! *que music*

(I may have drank a bit...)

Booze Ro Dah?

• Like 1

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I finally figured out a workaround for the software upgrades we've been doing that have been deleting the IP information from the units and then not letting us back in again to correct it. And it only took 4 hours of searching through every command in every .xml file in the upgrade loader. :wall:

I don't see why the manufacturer couldn't have figured this out and released a service notice. After all, it only required modifying three lines. Knowing which three lines and which file to look in would have made the whole thing so much easier on everyone.

Figuring this out is going to make the whole project run a lot smoother now, but this really shouldn't have been necessary. I'm a pump mechanic dammit, not a software developer. <_<

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Registered for classes today. Got shat on. Got 2 of the 5 classes I wanted, and then had to settle for grueling early classes that I have 0 interest in (ie: intro to theater, Fundamentals of Algebra). On the bright side, they sound easy as hell.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Another day, another upgrade. Time to see if my workaround works like I think it will. :pray:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Got my final exam for maths tomorrow. It's worth 50% of my grade and yet I have no motivation to study since I have no hope in hell of passing. I'll just have to go well in the final exam for phics (which I know I will.)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I torched myself on my calculus midterm, which isn't exactly a new thing for me (I've never been good at calculus tests), though I do now have some serious motivation since I can't exactly pretend the exam will go better if I don't change something about how I prepare. My other midterms were all in the 80's though (80-89.4), which is certainly not something I will complain about, but not what I was looking for either.

I find to really learn something, you need to apply the knowledge to help cement it in your mind, and also to allow you to make sure you understand things as well as you think. After that, you need to sleep on it before that knowledge really becomes part of you. I never study the day of an exam, and only ever light review the day before (a last browse through my notes or book to make sure I'm not forgetting things).

Today I'm gonna ask (mostly beg) some companies to give me work experience. I'm offering myself on a platter to work for free in return for the experience and knowledge along with a reference who can back up this claims. Why don't employers want this?!?!

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I had a crucial HRM midterm today at 130. I woke up at 4. [bleep] me.

My upgrade workaround is working great! Two days, two (mostly) completed upgrades. :thumbsup:

Now, if I can just figure out how to get the firmware to update properly each time I'll be all set.

There's always next semester.

yeah and as hot as my teacher is, I'd rather insert a flaming hot rake in my anus than repeat a college course.

Had 2 olympiades yesterday, 1 tomorrow, had basketball competitions today (where I got the most minutes so far this year), and I have slept 3 and a half hours during the last 43 hours. Zombie much?

At least I know that my English olympiade ended in a success, I got on to the next round. And if I get through that I am quite certainly in top 5 of my country in English.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

There's always next semester.

yeah and as hot as my teacher is, I'd rather insert a flaming hot rake in my anus than repeat a college course.

It isn't as bad as it sounds... I had to retake freshman English during this past summer.

Today I'm gonna ask (mostly beg) some companies to give me work experience. I'm offering myself on a platter to work for free in return for the experience and knowledge along with a reference who can back up this claims. Why don't employers want this?!?!

Insurance safety. Most places, especially hospitality and industry wont take on work experience people because of insurance scams and are afraid these days of people scamming money out of their stores/companies. I've even offered to write a legal documentation stating any injury caused to myself by myself whilst employed here is entirely mine to blame and excuse this industry from any insurance claim.

But they'll still say no.

Popoto.~<3

The easiest way to get a job in hospitality is through a friend. When you are washing dishes or waiting at a lower end restaurant, it isn't exactly mind-bogglingly hard work. CVs aren't essential. You get a job through good timing.

Source: Its how I got my job. It is how I got three more of my friends jobs. Its how everyone in my kitchen got theirs.

• Like 1
lampost_sig_stark.png

Insurance safety. Most places, especially hospitality and industry wont take on work experience people because of insurance scams and are afraid these days of people scamming money out of their stores/companies. I've even offered to write a legal documentation stating any injury caused to myself by myself whilst employed here is entirely mine to blame and excuse this industry from any insurance claim.

But they'll still say no.

It's probably a limitation on rights you can sign away. Even if you sign a contract that says you are not entitled to workers compensation and everything is your fault, if you get hurt, you can still sue them for compensation and say it's their fault. It would probably be a safety to prevent a company from ever being able to coerce people into giving up that legal protection.

Nepotism is the only true way to get a job these days. Screw getting degrees, make some friends.

Both are pretty much true. Today I sorted out paperwork, and im now officially on the dole. (hopefully, not for long)

In the meantime im studying up on men's fashion as there's a possibility I could get a job in a men's fashion store, also I'm teaching myself how to draw with a pencil again. I figured before jumping into tablet drawing etc, I should first improve my general drawing abilities, starting with my favorite creature: Dragons. :3

EDIT:

And it turned out better then I expected. I'll upload a pic later but at the moment I'm focusing on small, detailed sketching before I move up to larger sized sketches as well as teaching myself scaling of image drawing and making steady circles. Its VERY hard with a fractured wrist.

Popoto.~<3

In England they are less serious about health and safety rules. Well that's in supermarkets anyways, they're a lot more pompous in clothes stores. I have actually almost gotten work experience once but I was due to start college at that time.

Anyway I haven't put all my eggs into one basket. It's just that I apply to 10+ jobs a week and when none of them get back to me I'm positive it's because there's a distinct lack of experience.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

If you've ever had to mentor someone and make sure that their inexperience isn't leading to some massive problem, whilst also trying to juggle your own normal workload at the same time... it's exhausting, and a lot of people, as harsh it sounds, don't think it's worth the effort.

It's probably a limitation on rights you can sign away. Even if you sign a contract that says you are not entitled to workers compensation and everything is your fault, if you get hurt, you can still sue them for compensation and say it's their fault. It would probably be a safety to prevent a company from ever being able to coerce people into giving up that legal protection.

This is true, you can't sign away on anything health and safety related. Trust me, if you could there'd be a lot of companies that would make you do so.

A friend of mine is making "shards of glass muffins" and posted pictures of them.

Should I revive our tired old joke about this by eating one?

• Like 1

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

A friend of mine is making "shards of glass muffins" and posted pictures of them.

Should I revive our tired old joke about this by eating one?

Throw it at them.