Today...

Leoo

almost passed out from heat stroke.

been humid all day then I was cooking, almost burnt myself and had to get brett to help me to the shower. been sittig in it for 10 mins about 20mins ago. I cannot adapt to heat very well. Well, humidity anyway. Sam, I wanna move to UK.

Now im hoping the potato bake turns out okay...

Popoto.~<3

We went out last night, but the nightclub we went to was across the city centre, and it was raining, so there was loads of people complaining. To be fair, it was quite an icy cold rain since we're approaching winter, but if you'd have heard them, you'd swear you were in a tropical storm. This is the north of England, so this is nothing more than a drizzle... I can't imagine what they'll be like in January/February.

It was a really enjoyable night out though, there was a good dozen of us and we all wanted to stay, so we did until closing time, stayed up for a bit afterwards when we got back to the flat. Also, notice I got drunk (very drunk) and I managed to keep away from Tip.It during that time. ;)

Last night I learned exactly how amazing having a 24 hour cookie delivery place on campus is when you're blazed off your ass with your friends.

Tonight I'm going to a free metal show at a frat with some people. Should be a pretty good night, haha.

Yesterday we got high, drank some whiskey and played some Black Ops II zombies. We also had a bunch of cheap pizzas delivered here, because I still had some Pizza Hut coupons with great deals. All in all, a great evening.

And now to snap back to reality: I have a big assignment for Latin, which I honestly just can't convince myself to start on, only made worse by the fact that it's a group assignment and the guy I'm working with already finished his part.

Dropped iPod in toilet last night, spent the last hour and a half brushing the docking port to get my volume bar back. Got it back (with no sound still), and now it keeps freezing when trying to unlock the iPod.

Yay.

22031_s.gif

It doesn't feel wet anymore, and got the iPod working again with only minimal freezing (which is normal for mine), not sure how much the rice would help. The volume up button on the side still doesn't work, but the volume down does. Also, the iPod doesn't want to charge, and I've been looking for my old charging cable everywhere to no avail.

22031_s.gif

^It can slip out of pockets or just randomly slip out of your hand. C'mon, we all take our phones to the bathroom don't we?

Also, notice I got drunk (very drunk) and I managed to keep away from Tip.It during that time. ;)

Many people could learn from your example.

• Like 1

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I have to memorize a monologue from Shakespeare's Coriolanus, otherwise known as the play nobody ever read.

Or heard of.

When electronics get wet, there are two things that really help their chances of suvival.

First, if they aren't on when they get wet, though I think some electronics now try to emergency power down (as in just cut power) if the moisture gets too high. Not sure if this can save them from immersion though.

Second, make sure they are dry before they turn back on. This is where the rice helps. Rice is a desiccant, significantly speeding up the drying process. Give your electronics a day, maybe two, in rice before you test them.

• Like 1

Never ever ever turn on a phone/ipod/etc. after it has been submerged. I saw a kid drop his iPod into a puddle, and he tried to turn it on minutes later. It just heated up and died. As long as you give it the chance to dry out, it will probably still work again. I know a guy who dropped is phone in a creek and he spent two minutes looking for it. Three days later, it still worked because he let it dry out first.

I once had a work-issued Samsung phone that I dropped in gasoline...twice. Both times I fished it out, pulled the battery and left it on the heating vent in my truck for the rest of the day and it worked fine. It finally died when I dropped it and broke the display.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Feeling so terrible, and it's not caused by last nights drinking. Which would have ended with drunk tiffing had my phone not gone flat.

almost passed out from heat stroke.

been humid all day then I was cooking, almost burnt myself and had to get brett to help me to the shower. been sittig in it for 10 mins about 20mins ago. I cannot adapt to heat very well. Well, humidity anyway. Sam, I wanna move to UK.

Now im hoping the potato bake turns out okay...

I had the same problem today, my face is still burning up and I have felt shit all day, ever since I woke up.

PUT IT IN RICE

Sound advice. Same with pulling out the battery, which is part of why I will never buy a phone without a removable battery (running bleeding-edge software that has nearly left me with soft bricks several times is another reason.)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Yeah, removeable batteries are nice. One of the problems I have with my blackberry is that every once in a while (like twice a year), the camera will loose its zoom ability for some reason. I have also had once incident where it stopped sending texts (or maybe receiving until I pulled the battery. I don't really mind, I sort of expect computers to start messing up if they don't turn off every once in a while. I normally pull the battery on my phone every month or two to keep it happy.

And I just realized I am scratching through the skin on my leg, which isn't good. Already did that this summer and ended up wrapping a tensor bandage around my ankle both to sheild the 1-2 sq in of skin missing from the world, and to keep my from scratching at it more (or rather, to keep the scratching from doing damage). Looks like I might need to do that again for a couple days for my other leg now. Not good that my skin that itchy though, suggests something is wrong.

When the skin comes off, how well does the wound heal? How long does it take to repair completely? Is that time normal for you, based on past experience? I'd try a good moisturising cream before seeking medical treatment. You can use the fancy ones if you really, really want to, but your local pharmacist should be able to recommend a good cream for a much cheaper price. Also consider how much you're drinking in a day; dehydration will cause the skin to become itchy because it can't shed away the toxins which are irritating it. If none of that works, then you might want to have it examined by a healthcare professional.

Moisturizer would probably help. Sure I have some knocking around too.

When I lost the skin I think it took about a week for the first layer of skin to fully cover over the wound, and maybe up to another week for the skin to go from pink to invisible (matched skin tone to tan), which would be about right. During the summer, it is not uncommon for my arms and legs to look like I lost a fight with a tree while running through the woods, so I normally end up with pink lines in my skin that take a few days to return to local skin color. The patch from the summer healed near perfectly. It might be a tad bit off if your really examine it, but considering that a half inch wide gap is a lot for skin to grow back over, I think it did a pretty nice job.

In general my skin heals quite nicely. There is an inch long scar under my right eye which can only be seen by people who already know it exists (and it takes color, becoming even more invisible in the summer when I tan), even if it took 3-4 years to reach almost full on non-existence (it was perfect timing when I got it though. I had my stitches in for hockey camp :lol:). And I have one from a knife going way to far into my thumb tip that only shows as a fain line/valley where the skin rejoined, which serves as a reminder to not pry apart frozen hot dogs with a steak knife (makes a very clean cut though).

If dehydration is the issue now, then I have bigger fish to fry. I should be consuming between 1.5 to 3 litres of water per day, depending on the day, which should be enough. If its not, then something has gone wrong inside of me. On the plus side, the itchiness in the leg is gone, at least with the bandage covering it. Was only to the red dots phase, so in under a week the entire skin layer should be back.

In general my skin heals quite nicely. There is an inch long scar under my right eye which can only be seen by people who already know it exists (and it takes color, becoming even more invisible in the summer when I tan), even if it took 3-4 years to reach almost full on non-existence (it was perfect timing when I got it though. I had my stitches in for hockey camp :lol:). And I have one from a knife going way to far into my thumb tip that only shows as a fain line/valley where the skin rejoined, which serves as a reminder to not pry apart frozen hot dogs with a steak knife (makes a very clean cut though).

Nearly exact same senario happened to me too, except it was frozen burgers. Very clean and deep cut on my hand...

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

That actually makes me feel a bit better, knowing that someone else has done the same thing. For hamburgers, I found a better way that using a butter knife to pry them apart. get them to stand on their side and put the blade between them parallel to the counter, and smack the knife with your hand. Like splitting logs but easy. I do the same thing with hotdogs.

I also now use a butter knife to separate frozen hamburgers after slicing my thumb open with a paring knife. I guess it's more common than I realized.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Well aren't we the three stooges then :lol:

Apparently this is one of the great lessons that some of us just have to learn the hard way.

mistakesu.jpg

And to think my mother always thought I would cut myself slicing the English muffins in half with a bread knife. Probably just as well she didn't know my prefered method was to hold them in my palm while doing it. The trick was that our bread knife was pretty hard to cut yourself with. In retrospect, still not a good idea. I guess rather than play with fire I preferred to tempt fate with sharp objects.

I went to the nerdiest burlesque show ever and it was awesome.

"Neil Gaiman Nude" or "Naked Girls Reading Neil Gaiman". Whatever you want to call it. The crowd was a PBR shy of being overly hipster, but it was a great time. Exactly what it needed to be. I'm also trying to have a life, so I haven't been posting as much on here or facebook. or tumblr. or deviantart. or instagram. or reddit. So far so good.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I hope they were all reading that part of American Gods, that would be hilarious.

That part.

Ms Rose did! haha

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ugh, I'm so nervous meeting new people/being in new situations. Anybody know of a way to deal with this that isn't getting high/drunk? I feel like that's the only way to gain courage to deal with things outside of my comfort zone.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢