Today...

Leoo

I started seriously studying for my test today... I have failed twice, now I am not gonna let it be the third time aswell. Funny thing is, I would've passed the national exam easily a on my first time, but drivers' school exam has three times the questions and you can make less total errors...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Got my first University rejection.

I'm happy though, because I didn't want to go there. It sounds like an empty thing to say, but it was the 'most respected' of my 5 choices, but I hated it so much when I went to visit it. I was worried that if I was offered a place and declined it, I might be doing the wrong thing. So I'm happy they made the decision for me.

Overall not too bad with the applications. 5 Responses out of 5. 2 Offers, 2 Interviews and 1 Rejection for Biochemistry in 2013.

So after many months of unemployment I got a job as a pizza delivery driver. I start tomorrow. Who needs resumes, references, or actual qualifications when you got friends? :wall:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

That's a very valuable lesson. The people you know are often as important as any qualifications you may have. Think about it from an employers perspective. Would you rather read resumes and conduct interviews, or just hire the guy one of your employees is vouching for. The other case is family connections.

When I was in retail, several people had a connection to the store owner, and several more had connections to them, myself being in the former group. One day they had to fire someone (or they walked out, forget which), and needed someone quickly. I was in town so I headed over to the store on my way home, had a 15 minute interview that practically started with 'the job is yours if you want, I just want to get to know you', and left with a job that started the next day.

It should be noted that I had no qualifications for my job whatsoever. No retail experience, and next to no experience with the stuff they were selling (though I did have a lot of experience with customer relations). I spent the first month being terrified of the phone and the difficult questions it asked :lol:

Does anyone else ever feel like this thread occasionally breaks down into a page of people just shouting into a void about what they did with themselves in a 24 hours period? It's like it traps our voices, but no one ever really hears anything.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

It provides a good place to rant about those things each days that kick us in the nuts, such as car crashes, injuries etc without pissing everyone off around us.

...or is that just me...

Lately I've been tempted to save up and buy a Unicycle to practice with under the house since it's sheltered, smooth concrete and plenty of space as it's something I've always been interested in for years on end but never tried due to usual peer pressure teen humiliation etc.

Popoto.~<3

Does anyone else ever feel like this thread occasionally breaks down into a page of people just shouting into a void about what they did with themselves in a 24 hours period? It's like it traps our voices, but no one ever really hears anything.

Isn't this pretty much prevalent on all of the internet? In comment sections, blog posts, forums, social media no-one really gives a toss unless it relates to them in some way.

I predicted my theory test result correctly and failed it due to sucking on the hazard perception test. That's £31 down the drain and another £31 for the next one.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Probably...I remember the road sign test I did was retardedly easy. For example they'd show you a sign with a deer on it, and your four options would be something like: deer crossing, construction, train crossing, or stop sign....

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

That's not what it is, although some road signs will inform your hazard perception.

This (pretty old) video explains it pretty well.

https://www.youtube....h?v=NIx_u9IQFVM

So hazards like pedestrians running out onto the road, cars pulling out.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Probably...I remember the road sign test I did was retardedly easy. For example they'd show you a sign with a deer on it, and your four options would be something like: deer crossing, construction, train crossing, or stop sign....

And people would still get it wrong. And they'll still give those people a license, as long as they didn't get too many wrong. Is it any wonder accidents are on the rise?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Don't worry, you're not alone.

• Like 1

That doesn't hit me as a particularly great test. It does nothing to test the part of your brain that actually keeps you from constantly bashing into things and running over people (that is, situational awareness).

It would probably be a lot easier if it were a driving simulator.

Tyler, I had these moments all the time when I was younger. I used to see the moments in my dreams.

Even happens every few months nowadays.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Today I got stuck on a site after they pulled my driver (yes, I've been referring to the other tech I'm riding with as my chauffeur just to bug him :lol:) for an emergency that took longer than expected. While waiting, I chatted up a very pretty redhead with gorgeous green eyes who was waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up. This was really out of character for me, as normally I can't string together two sentences at a time the first time I meet a pretty girl. Although, it has been some time since I last tried. Maybe I really have become a cocky sob. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That doesn't hit me as a particularly great test. It does nothing to test the part of your brain that actually keeps you from constantly bashing into things and running over people (that is, situational awareness).

It would probably be a lot easier if it were a driving simulator.

In Australia, it's a touchscreen computer where they've gone and recorded hazardous situations, like busy intersections, cars pulling out of driveways, etc. and you have to decide when you want to go/stop by touching the screen. However, the software is buggy as shit and kept registering me as touching when I didn't, not touching when I did, and registering me touching a while before/after I did. When it wants to work it's a great way to test reaction speeds and how well a person is paying attention.

This was really out of character for me, as normally I can't string together two sentences at a time the first time I meet a pretty girl. Although, it has been some time since I last tried. Maybe I really have become a cocky sob. :P

Driving is giving you confidence, my friend.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!