Today...

Leoo

Does anyone ever get a sense of Deja Vu?

Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I even "remember" very clearly and already know what is going to happen, and it does happen!

I can't see the touch screen being much better. Maybe it's just because I've been driving for years. I'm used to the feeling of my mind autonomously tracking things like vehicles and pedestrians, predicting everyone's next move. Without that kind of mental feedback, it feels very weird.

Talking about touchscreens and driving, I got a GPS today and I absolutely love it. This is like the fifth technological improvement I've been neglecting, but loved it after purchasing it. Maybe I should loosen my grudges on "unreliable new technology". I sound like an old man when I'm only 20!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I thought you were older than that...

I like GPS, though the only one I have is my phone, which is frankly more useful while walking, mostly because it does not come with a feature to adhere itself someplace I can easily see it while driving. It also doesn't talk. It is however very good at what it does on the rare occasions I have needed it.

Talking about tracking... I like being tracked in a completely non creepy way. How far you've walked, how many steps it takes, the most commonly traveled route you take. It's a little pointless but it's cool. How many times you've visited this website, how many hours you've spent doing this, this and that.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'm going sleighing tomorrow with girls ;)

And on a different note, saved 2 nights for different girls again from total depression to happiness :D

God I'm good.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Spent like 10 minutes on a test trying to decide if double arrays were row, column, or column, row. Got home and checked; I got it wrong. That class is now a B I don't need. God damnit.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I feel a lot of people these days relay to heavily on GPS to get to and from places, that they won't bother to learn the roads so when you ask a person where something is, or how to get somewhere, they can't actually tell you, even if they've lived somewhere for years.

tFtfA.jpg

Deja Vu is what happens when you relive a moment from a previous life. Or in my own theory, when two parallel universes overlap for a brief moment. Like if Bizzarro world and reality suddenly agreed on something for a second.

Tumblr reincarnation theory: The light you see at the end of your life is the birth canal of your next life, but the process of being born makes you forget everything you've ever done. Stillborns are thus a result of "near death" experiences.

Today I discussed how awesome Firefly/Serenity was and how the world just wasn't ready for Joss Whedon's genius. Even if Mal is essentially Han Solo with a different name.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Spent like 10 minutes on a test trying to decide if double arrays were row, column, or column, row. Got home and checked; I got it wrong. That class is now a B I don't need. God damnit.

Why does it matter which way you visualize it? A 2D array is an array of arrays. Each dimension of the array holds the one that comes after it. It's sequential.

I find the whole row/column thing quite clumsy. By just thinking about it as arrays holding arrays holding arrays ad infinitum, it makes it very easy to conceptually grasp higher dimensional arrays (as in anything with 4 or more dimensions) that can't be physically modeled nicely in 3D space. Essentially, I see arrays as flow charts rather than tables.

I feel a lot of people these days relay to heavily on GPS to get to and from places, that they won't bother to learn the roads so when you ask a person where something is, or how to get somewhere, they can't actually tell you, even if they've lived somewhere for years.

Yeah it's a shame, a co-worker told me a customer once didn't know where he lived. He told the wrong address and when the driver called him he couldn't guide the driver to his house. :-?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Deja Vu is what happens when you relive a moment from a previous life. Or in my own theory, when two parallel universes overlap for a brief moment. Like if Bizzarro world and reality suddenly agreed on something for a second.

Tumblr reincarnation theory: The light you see at the end of your life is the birth canal of your next life, but the process of being born makes you forget everything you've ever done. Stillborns are thus a result of "near death" experiences.

Today I discussed how awesome Firefly/Serenity was and how the world just wasn't ready for Joss Whedon's genius. Even if Mal is essentially Han Solo with a different name.

That's some pretty deep shit man, but I'm sure that there is a scientific reason for Deja Vu.

Why does it matter which way you visualize it? A 2D array is an array of arrays. Each dimension of the array holds the one that comes after it. It's sequential.

I find the whole row/column thing quite clumsy. By just thinking about it as arrays holding arrays holding arrays ad infinitum, it makes it very easy to conceptually grasp higher dimensional arrays (as in anything with 4 or more dimensions) that can't be physically modeled nicely in 3D space. Essentially, I see arrays as flow charts rather than tables.

I know, right? And, I mean, I'll argue that on Tuesday, but it won't matter, because the teacher's a [bleep] and won't listen. I know how to do double arrays just fine, I can work with them in any situation I need, and really, you can arbitrarily decide which part of the array is a row and which is a column if you're working with it visually. But, hey, she told us one time that Java is a row-dominant language and that arrays are always referred to as row column, so whatever the actuality of the situation, it won't matter.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I agree with Randox. It doesn't really matter, but the standard seems to be row-column and it's easier to review code if everyone uses row-column. Not to mention that matrices use row-column, and those are pretty much arrays. Basically, just go with it, but don't let it change how you view arrays, if you know what I mean.

At the risk of sounding like an old man, I don't trust GPS systems. Where im living it's all still new to me and in a busy metropolitan area. I much prefer the old book maps over a GPS because I can map easily in my mind (yay for mental retardedness/Synesthesia) and usually when I use a GPS it goes "Turn righ- next turn in 'x' meters"

Popoto.~<3

Today I came home to a rather bad smell that turned out to be my dog's way of saying I came home too late. :? I can't really blame her, but it's not the most pleasant of welcome homes.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Bad day, Calculus test tomorrow I'm trying to study for just to pass, stomach hurts, head hurts, parents fighting...

I hate my life :/

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

At the risk of sounding like an old man, I don't trust GPS systems. Where im living it's all still new to me and in a busy metropolitan area. I much prefer the old book maps over a GPS because I can map easily in my mind (yay for mental retardedness/Synesthesia) and usually when I use a GPS it goes "Turn righ- next turn in 'x' meters"

I used to kind of be like that before I got a smartphone but, the only issues I find with GPSs, is the human error with location accuracy.

tFtfA.jpg

Just yesterday I finally finished my application to the University of Washington. Took me weeks to finish and perfect my essays, but it's all over now. Unfortunately I have to wait until late March for a decision D: It's my top choice, really hoping I'm accepted.

Don't use the GPS as a navigator, use it as a (digital) map.

In my GPS you can turn off all navigation features and leave yourself a map, tis what I do. I used to be the family navigator and prided myself in knowing the way, so I hate being told where/what to do. I would be using the good old Thomas Guides (iconic California paper map company) but they died out years ago. So none of the ones I have show all the new sprawl I deliver to.

Also keep in mind I hated the concept of a GPS for years. But paper maps are just getting rarer in these parts - city street ones near impossible to find.. :sad:

siggy3s.jpg

Just came back from the doctor's and I feel like a case who belongs on the most boring episode of House. The gist of it: I had a fall with my bicycle Wednesday morning, displayed symptoms of a light concussion since. The day after, I suddenly started feeling feverish. Today I learn I have a 39°C fever, which is a lot, despite not looking like I do nor experiencing it that way. He seemed baffled that both things would come up at once, since fevers have absolutely nothing to do with concussions, and seemed just as surprised when he found out I have such a high temperature, stating "He looks good, you wouldn't think he has such a fever at the moment." And I actually feel pretty good, save for a slight headache. Hell, I thought the doctor would be bothered I wasted his time with a check-up while everything was fine.

I don't know what to think, but I'm assuming that time I fought through a fever to go watch Noisia in Ghent must've made me immune to feeling it now or something.

Last week my mom lost partial muscle control and most of the strength in her right hand and her doctor feared that she might have had a small stroke. Monday she went to the hospital with dizziness and headaches and they kept her there all week while they ran tests, thinking she might have had another. I just heard from her and she said the MRI this morning (which they must have seriously fast tracked to get in only a handful of days, normally in Ontario it takes weeks and even months) showed no sign of a stroke, and the problem with her hand is being caused by arthritis in her neck pinching a nerve. On Monday, they'll be starting her on physiotherapy to try restore some of the fine control in her hand.

I am SO relieved right now, I can't even express it properly.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...