Today...

Leoo

Well i don't know about everyone else, but I'm a Nigerian prince who has been wrongly deprived of his inheritance. As a matter of fact, I have a business proposal for you, señor.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Well i don't know about everyone else, but I'm a Nigerian prince who has been wrongly deprived of his inheritance. As a matter of fact, I have a business proposal for you, señor.

All I have to do is send you $20,000 via Western Union? Sign me up please. I want to quadruple my money!

All I have to do is send you $20,000 via Western Union? Sign me up please. I want to quadruple my money!

I'll split 50/50 on it with you Vezon.

On another note, I just saw the new Red Dawn. It was pretty good and actually was one of the only movie remakes I've ever seen that actually came close to improving the story.

I thought about shaving my butt hairs because they were getting annoying.

But then I remembered.

Paperclips, never forget. 2007-2007

"Working on" my Human Sexuality Presentation final. I have to explain the neurobiology behind fetishes. Fascinating stuff, but I'm so unmotivated and tired haha

Also watched This Film Has Not Been Rated in my media studies class today. Great film. Very informative. And super Libertarian.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Today I went to a 4 hour lecture/tutorial that essentially teaches you how to do the calculus exam (all about how to answer the questions with no regard to why anything your doing works). Cost $40, but I think this will be money well spent. It's not the concepts I have trouble with, it's some of the mechanics. A nice deal for the tutorial guy as well, seeing as he must have made between four and six grand tonight.

Feels like a milestone in my life, and as cheesy as it sounds, like my dreams are coming true...

University interview for my first choice in just a couple of hours, they said it's going to be chillaxed and that I don't need to dress formally...

• Like 1

package sudokuarray;

That single line of code cost me 40% on the penultimate assignment in my programming class. Awesome. I don't know if it's worth going on anymore.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

package sudokuarray;

That single line of code cost me 40% on the penultimate assignment in my programming class. Awesome. I don't know if it's worth going on anymore.

40%? Wow. Seems like universities are so out of touch with the reality of programming for a living.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

package sudokuarray;

40%? Wow. Seems like universities are so out of touch with the reality of programming for a living.

It made the program not run, but still, I agree. 20% would have been acceptable, something like that, but auto-failing for a second time because I went "beyond the scope of the assignment" is stupid and frustrating.

That sucks Tyler. They should be encouraging you to go beyond the scope of the problem as long as you can establish that you understand the concepts your supposed to be learning. This is like the exact opposite of encouraging learning.

God, reading all these stories makes me nervous about my first programming class for my own Computer Science major next semester, haha. I'm sure it'll be fine as I've had about two years of experience, but god that professor seems TERRIBLE.

I have my final presentation for a synthesizer and transcriber program I designed with a group for my engineering class tomorrow. It seems like it's going to go over really well, and it will be such a relief to be done with it.

Speaking of which, I did something kind of stupid. The presentation is formal, as in I have to wear a suit. I have my suit up here...but I left my dress shoes at home. Borrowing some from a friend in the class that already presented, but that means beforehand I'll be walking to class in a suit and converse. #yolo #swag

I've had this song in my head for days now. I know the tune of how the song goes, but I dont know the artist or the lyrics. All I know is it's like a slow-shanty and played on Triple J here. :(

and Steam is refusing to connect because the router I use is a smoldering piece of shit and doesn't like anything to communicate wireless.

Popoto.~<3

I'm perpetually dizzy today which is weird cause I've eaten breakfast, had a good's night sleep and only had my daily dose of caffeine. Not sure if a bike ride is a good idea right now but what the heck.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

God, reading all these stories makes me nervous about my first programming class for my own Computer Science major next semester, haha. I'm sure it'll be fine as I've had about two years of experience, but god that professor seems TERRIBLE.

I doubt you'll have a teacher as stupid about it as mine. My roommate took the same class I did, but with a different teacher, and he managed to convince his teacher to take programs that went beyond scope and not downgrade him.

Very excitingly, it looks like I'm taking another class with the same teacher. I might have to redo my whole schedule so I can get someone else.

[hide]I feel like I've ran into a wall with one of the students at my karate studio.

He's a rank away from green belt (which is an assistant instructor and thus requires excellent discipline and technique because you're a leader amongst the students and such), but he has less discipline than most white belts.

I can't say I'm not entirely to blame for that because neither the head instructor nor myself have been enable to teach him discipline, and that's about 70% of our job.

However, he cannot proceed any further until he gains it.

And when I say undisciplined I mean if I turn my back on him to help another student in class, he'll immediately stop working. He knows the etchniques but will do them sloppily if not reminded to keep them crisp and slow them down every few minutes.

My point is: I don't know how to get through to him. I can't spend entire classes on him alone because other students need help and managing as well, but unless something changes he's going to stay his current rank until his parents take him out of our studio.

So, what do I do? I've tried all of the teaching techniques I know on him. Leading by example, using punishment (pushups), using positive reinforcement, using maintained attention and patience to help him sort through mistakes, etc. But the moment I turn away he'll start fooling around again.

It's just insanely frustrating to be failing this fundamentally at instructing a student. [/hide]

...This post is kind of rambling and rant-y, and arguably better suited for a different thread so I'll put it in hide tags.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I just realized I want to murder my exam schedule. I actually almost forgot I have another exam tomorrow (3 in four days). I'm also on the fence about exams that aren't first thing in the morning. On the one hand, first things sucks and there is always the risk you wont wake up for it. On the other hand, you don't have to wait for people to clear out and there is just generally a whole lot less hassle.

On a related note, I've realized that despite my erratic-at-best sleeping pattern my body still knows exactly what time it is. I did notice that if I slept through or messed up my alarm I would wake up with exactly enough time to be 5 minutes late to computer class, and this morning I woke up maybe 10 minutes before my first alarm went off.

[hide]I feel like I've ran into a wall with one of the students at my karate studio.

He's a rank away from green belt (which is an assistant instructor and thus requires excellent discipline and technique because you're a leader amongst the students and such), but he has less discipline than most white belts.

I can't say I'm not entirely to blame for that because neither the head instructor nor myself have been enable to teach him discipline, and that's about 70% of our job.

However, he cannot proceed any further until he gains it.

And when I say undisciplined I mean if I turn my back on him to help another student in class, he'll immediately stop working. He knows the etchniques but will do them sloppily if not reminded to keep them crisp and slow them down every few minutes.

My point is: I don't know how to get through to him. I can't spend entire classes on him alone because other students need help and managing as well, but unless something changes he's going to stay his current rank until his parents take him out of our studio.

So, what do I do? I've tried all of the teaching techniques I know on him. Leading by example, using punishment (pushups), using positive reinforcement, using maintained attention and patience to help him sort through mistakes, etc. But the moment I turn away he'll start fooling around again.

It's just insanely frustrating to be failing this fundamentally at instructing a student. [/hide]

...This post is kind of rambling and rant-y, and arguably better suited for a different thread so I'll put it in hide tags.

How old is this student? I'm guessing he's still pre-high school based on how it was at my dojo, so he's still fairly young. If that's the case he probably just needs some time to mature, if he wants to be in karate at all. Leave him at green belt, keep trying to teach him, and when he's ready to move on, he'll figure it out.

Sauna + beer = killer combo. 4 berrs and Im done. Usually takes me round 12 to get drunk. Last friday I spent 120 euros on drink, got nothing but a blackout, today 15 euros, almost all drinks doene and I am in mordor. Sauna is awesome.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc