Today...

Leoo

Well, it really does make sense as it goes from the shortest time unit to the longest. That DD-MM-YYYY one. And that is also the one we use and I can't for the love of Christ ever think why anyone would want to make it the other way around...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Well, it really does make sense as it goes from the shortest time unit to the longest. That DD-MM-YYYY one. And that is also the one we use and I can't for the love of Christ ever think why anyone would want to make it the other way around...

It's just like Sarg said. If we say the month first when telling somebody the date, then doing the same for the abbreviation should be fine as well.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

November 12th, 1956 just sounds better than the other way.

But I always write months in letters so not to get the reader confused.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I always use DD-MM-YYYY. But I think that might be a French thing I've picked up from writing reports for my company.

I think this is the standard Canadian format for purely numerical dates.

Spoken I hear both orders. When the month is written, always month before day. It does sound nicer, and it's also shorter.

Well it sounds better because you're used to it.

And it's the most logical as it's a logical order (from shortest time frame to longest) and you can leave out the latter parts if they're not needed (so, leave out the year if it's in the same, leave out the month if it's the same month)

Doesn't mean that the other system is terribly bad though, even if it can lead to some confusion.

They're both logical and no-one will ever win this argument.

That being said, you're both wrong and the Mayans had the best system.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I went snowboarding again yesterday, this time to a new mountain, which was a nice change up. I also attempted to teach my step-sister how to board. It was very tempting to leave her several times, as it would take her a good 5-10 minutes to get up after falling.. After lunch though, I was able to sneak away and do my own thing.

tFtfA.jpg

If you guys are going to argue about the date format, at least save it until tomorrow. It doesn't matter at all today...

Nor will it tomorrow. :wink:

Its the first 12 days we gotta worry about.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The Day's of Uncertainty.

All I did today was set up a tekkit server on my computer. Not really planning on running it as even a part time server though. Ideally, I just want it to be a host for me and my friends stuff so we can show out stuff off, help out from time to time, and maybe have a war or two.

I did get up after lunch though because I once again managed to totally unhinge my sleeping schedule, and I'm right back to being a vampire.

Harry Potter and the Days of Uncertainty, one of the lesser known and worse instalments of the series.

I hate working with random teams at university. One report went amazingly and this report with a different team is being really tough to punch out before the deadline. To top it off it can't be late because Friday's the last day of term. I don't blame them as such, it's the fact that in this case we're all different breeds of engineers so organising meetings is nigh impossible.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

H2PM just got discussed for ~2 pages. Respect. I hope I get the same eulogy upon my eventual retirement.

MM/DD/YYYY is superior. because you can drop the YYYY and still have strong digital unit meaning. 3/1 (march 1st) can be seen as a whole number, followed by a fraction that eventually adds up to create the next whole number. Makes way more sense!

Today was my last day of classes and the first day of pregaming finals.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Finals week. I took four finals already and felt pretty okay about three of them. I'm pretty sure I bombed one, since I got a B in the class and up until the final I had a 100%. So there's that. Would have been really nice to get the A or even a B+, but I [bleep]ed myself over by not going to class at all. I think I probably got an A on one of the other finals and B's on the other two.

I only have one final left, which is on Saturday. And it's Calculus. Basically I suck at Calc and my goal is to just pass the class. Which means I have to get about a 55% on the final to get the lowest possible passing grade. Which sounds easy but I got a 45% on the last exam, so it's entirely possible that I won't pass. And I have to get an 85% to get a C-. So realistically it's looking like I'm going to get another D in Calculus, for the third semester in a row. But I don't give a [bleep] as long as I pass, because that means I'm done with Calc, and can start raising my GPA. And if I fail I have to retake it, since it's required for my major.

Anyways, outside of that life has been okay. I'm poor as shit and can't afford to buy Christmas presents, but I'm doing what I can. I've been spending a lot of time with friends, not studying, but that's all right. It's bound to happen either way.

As I was writing this I found out my final grade for one of my classes, a 93. Not the one I thought I would get an A in, but I'll take it. That means I get an A- in the class which is cool. Makes me wish I had done better on the second exam (80%) because then I could have gotten an A.

But yeah, this was my almost-monthly post detailing my life to no one in particular. Talk to you guys again probably in January.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Sitting here drinking bourbon and coke, and I'm somehow bored.

Just got an offer from the University I went to an interview last Wednesday.

It is my top choice, so I'm over the moon.

It's annoying, a lot of my girlfriend's friends have been posting how well they went on facebook, and she keeps pestering me to check my results, and I have't gotten them yet. If I don't get the results I needed then it's a year of working before trying again.

Exam results you mean? I'm sure you'll have done fine. I still have my final year to complete and exams to sit. To get university offers this early is good to show me what I'm actually aiming for, rather than what I've already got, which is a little bit below their requirements at the moment. So the story isn't finished yet. And then there's 4 years of a Biochemistry degree to do, so the road is going to be long, tiring and difficult.

I didn't get the results I needed. 51% for Science Maths, 50% for Physics. Even with scaling up (I did a year long course in 6 months) I will be too low for my courses. Not too surprising considering a big number of the people doing it dropped out within the first month. Hell, a third of the people in the maths class were gone after the first test.

DD-MM-YYYY is the most logical though. Makes you wonder how the other became standard anywhere. Changing that would still be somewhat possible though. It'd be way worse with the metric system (Though I still think that should be done, over time). Worst that I can think of, and that's really not worth changing is the definition of hours, minutes, seconds to fit into the metric system. It would be superior, but the damage done with the change would be awful...

YYYY-MM-DD would be the most logical choice, as it's perfect for chronological orders.

I remember reading something once about redoing our system of chronology to a metric base-10 system. I don't recall exactly but if I remember correctly, it reworked everything into something like 100 seconds a minute and 100 minutes an hour and 10 hours a day. Obviously the seconds would be slightly shorter than they are now since we only have 86,400 seconds in a day not 100,000, but it had the advantage of eliminating the need for leap years to make up for the losses of our current system. It might have also redone the number of days and months in a year. I really wish I could remember where I read that.

Well, a second is based off of the oscillations of a Caesium 133 atom. I can't remember the exact number, but I think it is around 9 billion.

MM/DD/YYYY is superior. because you can drop the YYYY and still have strong digital unit meaning. 3/1 (march 1st) can be seen as a whole number, followed by a fraction that eventually adds up to create the next whole number. Makes way more sense!

Wow, that is the first valid argument for MM/DD. Although, year should then be at the front, as MM is a fraction of YYYY.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Finals week. I took four finals already and felt pretty okay about three of them. I'm pretty sure I bombed one, since I got a B in the class and up until the final I had a 100%. So there's that. Would have been really nice to get the A or even a B+, but I [bleep]ed myself over by not going to class at all. I think I probably got an A on one of the other finals and B's on the other two.

I only have one final left, which is on Saturday. And it's Calculus. Basically I suck at Calc and my goal is to just pass the class. Which means I have to get about a 55% on the final to get the lowest possible passing grade. Which sounds easy but I got a 45% on the last exam, so it's entirely possible that I won't pass. And I have to get an 85% to get a C-. So realistically it's looking like I'm going to get another D in Calculus, for the third semester in a row. But I don't give a [bleep] as long as I pass, because that means I'm done with Calc, and can start raising my GPA. And if I fail I have to retake it, since it's required for my major.

Anyways, outside of that life has been okay. I'm poor as shit and can't afford to buy Christmas presents, but I'm doing what I can. I've been spending a lot of time with friends, not studying, but that's all right. It's bound to happen either way.

As I was writing this I found out my final grade for one of my classes, a 93. Not the one I thought I would get an A in, but I'll take it. That means I get an A- in the class which is cool. Makes me wish I had done better on the second exam (80%) because then I could have gotten an A.

But yeah, this was my almost-monthly post detailing my life to no one in particular. Talk to you guys again probably in January.

Are your exams curved?

I mean, I theoretically should have failed my anatomy class this semester with 67, 40, and 74 percents on my exams, but I still got an A in the class.

We're finally making headway! Today, I forgot to write my name on my final for my programming class, and instead of automatically failing me for the small error, she just asked me to fix it and I moved on with my life!

[bleep]ing hell. I have to have this teacher again next semester too, because she's the only one open for this class I have to take.

Fq515.png

This one? He used this one for the longest time.

You found it!

Halo lost that avatar after TIF switched over to profile pictures, and he couldn't find it. It was extremely sad.

and yeah he was banned

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

But that's why you do YYYY-MM-DD. 'Muricans are happy coz their months are before their days so they can carry on in blissful mathematical ignorance, and everyone else is happy because it follows a logical order of high to low.

• Like 1

Perhaps he lurkes onward with a devious smile, cigar in hand as he watches us discuss his avatar

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Sitting here drinking bourbon and coke, and I'm somehow bored.

Just got an offer from the University I went to an interview last Wednesday.

It is my top choice, so I'm over the moon.

It's annoying, a lot of my girlfriend's friends have been posting how well they went on facebook, and she keeps pestering me to check my results, and I have't gotten them yet. If I don't get the results I needed then it's a year of working before trying again.

Exam results you mean? I'm sure you'll have done fine. I still have my final year to complete and exams to sit. To get university offers this early is good to show me what I'm actually aiming for, rather than what I've already got, which is a little bit below their requirements at the moment. So the story isn't finished yet. And then there's 4 years of a Biochemistry degree to do, so the road is going to be long, tiring and difficult.

I didn't get the results I needed. 51% for Science Maths, 50% for Physics. Even with scaling up (I did a year long course in 6 months) I will be too low for my courses. Not too surprising considering a big number of the people doing it dropped out within the first month. Hell, a third of the people in the maths class were gone after the first test.

Well done for sticking with it, though. And to be fair, those are hard courses :/

Multivariable Calculus and Physics exams tomorrow. I've been alternating practice tests for both of them throughout the day and I feel like I'm in good shape but I'm freaking out too much just due to nerves and not really leaving my dorm in a while. Whatevs, just one more day of this at least, and some friends are coming over later to destress a bit haha.