Today...

Leoo

Personally, I've never understood what a tablet can do that the combination of a decent smartphone, plus a laptop of any description can't. At least, I've certainly not seen enough of a difference between tablets and smartphones to warrant me getting both.

The practical difference is really a bigger screen I'd say, and a bit more room for more powerful hardware and a larger battery if you like (though in reality, the larger battery probably gives you less life because of the much higher power demands of the larger screen).

Also, if you have a keyboard for a tablet that isn't painful to use (I've never used any of them, so I have no opinion on this), then you have increased portability and lifespan in a tablet for similar performance to a netbook. Laptops will still hold the advantage in gaming and versatility by virtue of their more powerful electrical supply (to drive more powerful hardware), and their compatability (a traditional OS that can run pretty much any program).

Actually, the keyboard situation baffles me. I have a Sony Clie (palm pilot) knocking around that has a folding physical keyboard, that when 'deployed' is a full keyboard (no num pad, and has menu buttons). Feels like using a laptop. When it folds up, its the same size as the Clie itself, and a tad thicker (which would make it hardly larger than your phone). This technology is more than a decade old, and I've never seen it since. Sort of surprised that I haven't seen this sort of thing for a tablet. The development and production costs would be pretty minimal, and it would be a nice option for people to have. Or maybe I am one of the rare people who can't stand typing anything longer than a short paragraph on a keyboard I can't feel.

pa830u.jpg

Pictured: Not rocket science

And yesterday I beat Mass Effect 2. I think I'll go back, beat ME1 again, and then use that for another round of ME2 perhaps, though I was actually quite thorough in ME2, and I don't particularly want to play a different way through that game. I missed a lot in ME1 though because I was rushing for some reason, and I'd like to see what changes, if any, that makes on the next game, and there are some things I might do differently in ME2. I think I might choose a different bonus weapon, since I ended up never using the one I took, and I might change some of the stuff in the final mission. In retrospect, I'm not entirely happy with the choices I made, even though I was able to accurately predict the consequences. Still not sure.

I was very pleased with the ME2 ending though. I did pretty much exactly what I wanted to do (flip him the bird and claim the ship as my own).

I don't think you can get one for that cheap, or at least you can't get a tablet that could replace your laptop for practical use. The Nexus 7 is about $200, the Nexus 10 is $400, Microsoft's new Surface tablets start at $500, and the iPad mini starts at $330. I imagine you could take a wait and see approach if you're looking at a Windows 8 tablet as I'm sure their will be plenty of new options in the coming months.

Sorry if I confused you. Not for practical use, basically I am getting tired of dragging my laptop around the house just to go on internet/surf forums. Therefore I want a tablet to replace that functionality and possibly for some school/ on the road stuff.

Personally, I've never understood what a tablet can do that the combination of a decent smartphone, plus a laptop of any description can't. At least, I've certainly not seen enough of a difference between tablets and smartphones to warrant me getting both.

No decent smartphone here, trust me I would otherwise. I can't get a decent smartphone either because I am currently at the mercy of my parents in the regard.

Either way though, I just read some stuff and found out that with playbook OS 2.0 allows android apps. Since I can do that and get a 32gb for $150 dollars to do that with, looks like Playbook it is.

Jersey postponed Halloween to Friday and LucasArts sold themselves to Disney. Today is awkward.

also: Seaside Heights got shat on

seaside-heights-destroyed__oPt.jpg

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm pretty sure you can't move Halloween. At best, you can duplicate/extend it.

Doing my computer assignment. Thought this would be easy. Very glad I checked my programs math by hand, and am now in the process of writting in debug code to figure out why it can't do math. It also occurred to me that the marker probably has a simpler version of the program we are writting that can do the math portion to make sure our programs aren't being stupid. This is going to be a slightly longer night than I had hopped.

EDIT: Or it could just be me that can't do math. Program is giving the correct results, though the debug code would indicate that it is using black magic to do it (the debug is indicating that it actually skips a step, then incorporates that step into the next one). Of course, if my debug skills are as good as my math skills, I might have found the problem :wall:

Lets hope it handles the other cases as well as it does this one.

EDIT2: yeah, I was the problem with the debug. Program works like a dream.

I think Halloween has been moved over a day before, not sure.

Anyway, most of the town is still out, but for whatever reason some rooms in my house have power. Currently have an extension cord going into another room. Luckily the room with the router is still up.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I think Halloween should just be the last Friday of October, or at least the trick or treating part of it.

End of the 2nd day of Humans vs. Zombies. I'm still alive, but there are now 124 zombies out there. I was holed up in the same building for most of the day and listened to people's stories of where zombies were gathering and what they were doing to survive. Highlights of the day: I saved someone by socking the zombie that was chasing them, and an automatic door didn't open for me when I was being chased, but he let me go since I touched the door. Tomorrow the humans get a mystery bonus because we completed today's mission of finding two flags.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Thinking of getting just a little tablet for working around the house and stuff so I don't have to carry a laptop or anything big. Any reccommendations? Just looking for basic wifi tablet, cheap and running good. Thinking somewhere between 100-150 CAD.

I would definitely recommend forking out the $200 on a Nexus 7, very shortly they're going to be selling the 16GB model for that price, and it's really amazing value for money.

As a uni student, I can tell you that a tablet has extremely useful purposes, and is definitely a viable laptop replacement. The battery life of my Transformer Prime is amazing, off a single charge I can usually last the week. This is really useful as during classes I'm unable to charge anything. The difference in weight is another huge factor, lugging a laptop around for any amount of time is very cumbersome. Touchscreens are also rather handy for drawing with, and there's no shortage of good apps for that. Sure, using a touchscreen for typing an essay would take too long, but my tablet can be connected to a keyboard, and so can nearly all others that have Bluetooth.

Come to think of it, I don't really even have a use for a laptop anymore.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I think Halloween should just be the last Friday of October, or at least the trick or treating part of it.

I agree. It'll be good to have the parties on the actual weekend of, instead of this year the weekend prior. Plus sucks if H-Ween is on like Sunday for the kids.

So today I found out that my old high school principal was arrested on suspicion of having sexual relations with a (minor) student.

http://www.highlandn...da781863754.txt

Pretty weird. Facebook is flooding about this. Before he was principal he was the director of student activities or something, and me helping at the student store had to frequently go to his office so he would sign papers. Never suspected that man to be guilty of anything this serious.

And Disney bought Lucasfilm? And they're making a Star Wars 7?!

If you're at the bottom of the world, how is it possible to go even DEEPER?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I suddenly realize that I have forgotten that bluetooth keyboards are a thing. Wow. Kind of forgot about that.

I can't say I care if Disney owns Lucas arts outright. It's not like Lucas Arts has ever been going easy on the mechanizing the ever loving bejesus out of Star Wars, so it's not like that's going to get more intense. Disney has money to burn, and they already have Star Wars licenses of their own (seeing as they have had a Star Wars ride for more than a decade), so maybe they will be able to do something with it. Well, obviously they have ideas for it or they wouldn't have bought them, since I'm sure that wasn't cheep (probably cost like, a whole months worth of fireworks :lol:).

I could go with Halloween being always on a Friday I suppose, mostly for the kids. As far as University life goes, it doesn't really matter. The Halloween parties started last Friday or Saturday.

End of the 2nd day of Humans vs. Zombies. I'm still alive, but there are now 124 zombies out there. I was holed up in the same building for most of the day and listened to people's stories of where zombies were gathering and what they were doing to survive. Highlights of the day: I saved someone by socking the zombie that was chasing them, and an automatic door didn't open for me when I was being chased, but he let me go since I touched the door. Tomorrow the humans get a mystery bonus because we completed today's mission of finding two flags.

What happens when you sock them? Do they have to stop chasing you?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Skipping English 102 because I procrastinated the homework, with the intention of doing it now.

Instead I log into TiF to talk about how much I love it when a fictional work gives you a character that you can't help but like, puts them in a paradise/ makes them really powerful, and then rips them apart in front of you and makes you stare at their mangled and twisted remains. Especially if at the end they subtly make it obvious that this mistake/trap that they walked into had already ensnared them when you first saw them.

So apparently I'm both a procrastinator AND a masochist. Okay.

Going to try to finish that assignment now.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Hey, maybe gl stepping away from star wars is just what it needs! (Not holding my breath though). As long as jar jar stays far away I'll consider watching it.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

What happens when you sock them? Do they have to stop chasing you?

They can't tag any humans for 15 minutes.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Seriously, hasn't George Lucas sold out the franchise enough as it is?

"They drove a dumptruck full of money up to my house! I'm not made of stone!" :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...