Today...

Leoo

Now that this threads been cleaned up a bit...

Thanks to those who saw and didn't take part in that spam fest. However, I want to encourage everyone - when you see spam, or any rule-breaking post, report it. It lets us know immediately and the issue can be dealt with quicker.

Topic unlocked...

09144a99bb.png

Now that this threads been cleaned up a bit...

Thanks to those who saw and didn't take part in that spam fest. However, I want to encourage everyone - when you see spam, or any rule-breaking post, report it. It lets us know immediately and the issue can be dealt with quicker.

Topic unlocked...

Fun killer.

Anyway... I just basically played Borderlands all day since I didn't have class. Yay.

The .gif king hath returneth!

The dancing merlin must have summoned him from ~10 pages ago

and he bringeth us spam! :D

O, thank ye heavenly devout poster.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Whoa, what happened? Today got LOCKED? :eek:

Not the first time iirc but certainly it's been a while. God Stev forbid we get more than 10 posts in a day haha

• Like 1

Well lets see, how has my day gone.

A nice early morning, followed by the discovery that my ISP thinks that disconnect the landline means disconnect everything, including our internet. Took some time to get that sorted out, but I lucked into a couple of helpful people, and with any luck our proper internet will be restored quickly (as in, tomorrow), because I love losing access to the internet in the middle of my midterm season. Then I did a computer assignment, and managed to fit some last minute studying in before a late night midterm.

That midterm actually went really really well, and I very well might have scored perfect minus 1 (unless I guessed right, in which case perfect). Going to be hard to top that, though it took me the full time because I went back over all the multiple choice, which was a good idea because I had to correct 4 of 30 (or 11% of the multiple choice section, which is at least half the midterm). I think everything after that was pretty solid.

Then I get back here and see the lovely attempted decorating job some people tried to make on my favourite thread. Sort of have mixed feelings about that, and in a perfect world, so do some of the people behind it.

So today has been both amazingly awesome, and one of the worst this year. But right now I am pretty happy, aside from my cold (though when it comes to midterms, having the cold probably bothers me less than other people, so I guess it's a silver lining situation). I'll have to go to sleep pretty soon to see if I can make any headway with getting rid of it. I thought I had it beat back with a hard won 13 hours of sleep, but in fact it made a full move from my throat to my nasals, and I'm sure it will see me through to my last midterm, cause me and my cold are there for each other.

I'd kind of like to ditch it for Halloween though, if I can. We'll be reunited next fall anyway.

Also, it's getting colder out. Much colder. Heating in the house actually came on last night, which is good because I might have been a little bit chilly when I woke up otherwise, and if not chilly under my puff, then in the process of trying to throw some clothes on as I sprint for the warm hallway bellow (and shower).

I think having such a good midterm, coupled with pretty much no tiredness for the first time in a very long time just has me over the moon right now. Or perhaps I should say that I am just finally back to my natural state of being (or I will be, once the cold is gone, or at least stops making my nose run and settles for making me sneeze a lot).

Oh, and as a note about the lock. Trust me, you didn't miss anything worth seeing. I've seen better :lol:

Whoa, what happened? Today got LOCKED? :eek:

Not the first time iirc but certainly it's been a while. God Stev forbid we get more than 10 posts in a day haha

Hm, I never recalled that happening. But everything is possible for the TIF'er.

Today I updating my main dekstop to Windows 7 (gf my subborness) and transfered my main softwares/games to my second harddrive. I shoulda done this years ago, but never got around to do it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I got a Samsung Galaxy S3. It's a beautiful phone that does everything perfectly. Lovely camera, motion features are a nice even if they're a bit useless. I haven't gotten to do that trading information by touching yet.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Today has been a bit of a roller coaster on all fronts.

We got our internet back, but our modem doesn't work, so it's kind of a hollow victory until it gets fixed/replaced.

Found out that my macro midterm is structured much like micro midterm, which is great because it means I'll probably do quite well. It's also nearly 50% longer and 10 minutes shorter, and given that I would have liked about 5 more minutes to finish reviewing my micro, this should be exactly enough time to finish the entire thing in a panic fuelled frenzy which will inevitably cost me points.

My micro professor has gone out of her way to make getting high marks on the midterm as easy as possible by not filling the entire multiple choice with boobytrap answers (she didn't go through, think up the likely mistakes and make them all possible answers), which I am not ashamed to say will certainly lead me to get a few points I might not have gotten otherwise (its a lot easier to notice your doing something wrong when you arrive at an answer that isn't an option). I guessing macro isn't going to be like that. Oh well.

Midterm tomorrow morning (because nothing helps you do well on a test than taking it two hours before you finish waking up), so it's going to be a bit of an early morning to help my brain sort itself out. Computers have been a bit of a frustration for me. My labs are perfect. I can do the work, and I do it easier and faster than most. On the tests though, even though I am easily in the top of the class, my marks are refusing to be perfect, though my last lab was encouraging. I had a lot fewer syntax errors, and most of the ones I got were from toying around to see what I could and couldn't do, which is all very important to know when you writing a program by hand and can't check.

Looking forward to the weekend, which will hopefully involve some internet because a lot of my life right now sort of revolves around that, and I'd rather not spend the weekend as an internet hobo. On the plus side, I have a large enough media library to entertain that point in my life right before I go to sleep even without new stuff coming in.

Worked all day, as per usual. Did a few audits and now I'm home preparing for Extra Life on Saturday.

Don't you work at a restaraunt? Did I miss something?

Today I got finished with an exhausting 47+ hour work week. Tomorrow is my only day off (at the beginning of my next 45+ hour week, yay!) and I'm not yet sure if I want to sleep all day, or be semi-productive.

I work with a bunch of idiots and am tired of picking up everyone's slack, but hey, my paychecks are going to be nice I guess! I also found out that I might start to be paid salary, rather than hourly. :D yay!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

If you wont miss the sleep, then I would say be awake, even if not productive, because it will last longer. Nothing worse than sleeping away your day off between to 6 day weeks, speaking from personal experience. Go out, and do as much as you can and still be happy with the consequences. That's the way to do it if you ask me.

Well [bleep]. Managed to sleep in an miss my surgeon's appointment, going to have to call up about that. I have a half-completed and not-even started assignment, both due today. I'm just going to do the physics one in class today, and maths I'll do over the weekend since it's technically already late anyway as I had to miss the class for the appointment I just missed. Better leave now before I lose all motivation to go to physics.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Today has been a bit of a roller coaster on all fronts.

We got our internet back, but our modem doesn't work, so it's kind of a hollow victory until it gets fixed/replaced.

You're not the only one with this problem. I've been trying to get my modem replaced for over a year with my ISP, but I pretty much gave up about a year ago (although I still ask to have it replaced everytime I need to call them). I'm not using my ISP's modem but a computer with PfSense installed on it, to act as a router/modem and firewall, since not any router could do it, as the fiber here is on vlan 35. The modem they gave me can't go faster than 7Mb/s and needs to be reset everyday in order to work. I have a 50Mb/s down and 30Mb/s up connection.

So the problem for us was the services change. When we had TV, they secretly gave us a faster connection (10Mbit/s) so that with the TV's running we would get the proper internet speed (7Mbit/s). The modem-router we had before apparently does 10Mbit/s up to 30Mbit/s dsl connections, and now that we don't have tv, we need a modem that can do the pure 7Mbit connection. Shame, because the last one was actually a really really nice router, one of the best I have ever seen, with only a couple options missing (it couldn't throttle individual connections). Unfortunately, this one does not have all the options of its predecessor, but I think I can live with it as it can still do what I need/want by the looks of it.

Very happy to have the internet back for my PC.

Well guys, looks like I could die.

I was trapped in my room with a massive spider, and having no escape option I did the only logical thing, sprayed it with enough deodorant to literally cover it. It became completely white and will be dead within the hour from butane inhalation. I, however, may also die such a fate. Should I die, I want you guys to know that you're my favourite internet community. Don't tell reddit.

• Like 1

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I think I'll let this symbol summarize my thoughts on this matter:

darwin20fish.jpg

If you die, I promise to feel bad about this.

I think you'll just be an at-risk survivor though, assuming you open a window or leave the room.

And next time, try lighting the deoderant on fire before you spray the spider. Works much faster.

And dying in a blazing inferno just looks so much better on a Darwin award than dying from deodorant fumes.

Yesterday we went out in Ghent. For those who don't know it, it's a relatively large (in Belgian standards) university city here in Belgium, where I'll be studying next year. It was [bleep]ing awesome. And it just made me look forward to next year so much more.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S3. It's a beautiful phone that does everything perfectly. Lovely camera, motion features are a nice even if they're a bit useless. I haven't gotten to do that trading information by touching yet.

I also recently got the Galaxy SIII. Its gorgeous. it's truly the next big thing, it's a shame the public is too busy sucking off Apple to realize it.