Today...

Leoo

Some one stepped on it like an hour in, and the host only had one.

the host only had one.

only had one.

one.

You know that there's going to be drinking, you have a ping pong table, and you don't make sure there's a lot of them? What a terrible host.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

[hide=Quote pyramid]

One last thing before I go, the USADA is corrupt system that is out to destroy modern sports and athletes without actually providing actual evidence to support their claims. With that said, I don't actually believe the UCI will follow through and strip Lance Armstrong of his seven tour de france victories.

They've said will give their evidence to the UCI to allow them to consider taking the case to arbitration, and then publish it in public. They've already stated the evidence includes analysed data and testimonies from over a dozen of his former colleagues. It does seem strange, that you accuse the USADA of being corrupt because they don't provide evidence, without providing evidence of said corruption yourself. Hypocritical, even.

What's even more bizarre is that, given the chance to expose the USADA's alleged corruption, and ridicule these claims as the "nonsense" he has described them, that Lance has decided to pass up on the opportunity because he feels "weary". This is a man who has aggressively sued absolutely anyone, anywhere, whenever they have even implied he used performance-enhancing drugs, to the tune of tens of millions of dollars in legal costs and compensation payouts... he's even already tried suing the USADA in a federal court in this case to prevent proceedings continuing any further. But now he can finally deliver a coup de grâce to these claims, and completely legitimise his place as the greatest Tour cyclist of all time, he apparently can't be bothered.

Perhaps a more likely explanation is that, just like most athletes and sportspeople who eventually get caught for doping, he's doing two things. 1) Maintaining his innocence in face of the threat of the contrary being exposed, but only by simply stating "I'm innocent" while not following it through with any tangible proof of innocence; and 2) victimising himself. He wouldn't be the first--God, Alberto Contador was doing it only twelve months ago--and he almost certainly won't be the last to follow that pattern of behaviour.

[/hide]

Nobody has actually seen the evidence yet. All I've seen is them saying they confessions from 10 former team-mates and two of which will probably include Floyd Landis and Tyler Hamilton who will just about say anything these days. Nowhere is there hard evidence. It's like me saying I have 10 confessions that you robbed a store yet I haven't shown anyone those confessions, nor is there video evidence (urine samples) to support the my claim of you robbing a store, but you now have to go to jail to serve your time for robbing the store. Not to mention, Lance Armstrong just got over a two year federal investigation over basically the same doping allegations. How many times can you trial one man over the same "crime" before enough is enough?

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/10/22/decision-day-for-lance-armstrong/

You expected the UCI not to uphold the decision, that this case would unravel because there's no "hard evidence" and, in the end, Lance would get away with it again. I wonder if you still think dismissing the overwhelmingly blatant evidence in front of you, on the basis that USADA are "corrupt", was still a clever idea.

I never read the full report, but I read at least 10 different news articles since the report was finally released a few ago, and I honestly didn't read anything that really made me believe he doped. All of the evidence that I read of, were more of we saw this happen, and this, so we implied he was doing it. I don't remember reading anything saying they saw Armstrong doping. I think George Hincapie said something that was the closes to seeing him dope. But then again, you have a report entirely based on eye-witness accounts of events that happened over 10 years ago. Human memory is very inaccurate.

Do I think the UCI really had a choice whether or not to stripe Armstrong of his achievements? Honestly no, I think they had to take this stance in order to protect the sport. Had they choose to let Armstrong keep his titles, I can only imagine the backlash that would follow. I think we can all agree, Armstrong was convicted of doping years ago by the media, because thats what people wanted to believe, the reports that recently came out, only gave people new reason to believe he doped, and for once stripe him of his titles.

We have a horrible history of destroying global sport icons over the past 30-40 years. Look at Olympic track athletes in the 80s. Even Michael Phelps name was tarnished within weeks of him winning a record 8 medals at an Olympic games, being caught smoking weed, which more or less was his fault, but still it almost immediately took Phelps from this ultra-high-untouchable level of stardom back down to this very humanized Phelps.

I have to go so I'm just going to quickly layout this question, why aren't NBA, NFL, etc treated to the same level of drug testing as olympic sport athletes?

tFtfA.jpg

In a team sport the game rarely relies on one player - so by nature doping will not be as effective. But players in the big 4 leagues are subjected to drug tests.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Getting off topic yall.

Oh the irony in that statement.

Anyways, off work today, trying to get rid of my cold, talking a really nice girl as well.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

The way most teams are structured, and specifically an NBA team, is usually around one superstar or a small core of players like the Heat, Spurs, Lakers, Thunder, etc. It's generally the same in cycling too, it takes a team built around 1 man or a small core to have success. Remove the superstar and you could still have a great team that makes it to the playoffs, but you'll never make it past the 1st or second round.

They are subject to drug testing, but it isn't as rigorous as Olympic sports and the penalties aren't nearly has high. All recent cases of doping in the NBA have only resulted in 10 day suspensions and have been pretty hush-hush, where as when a cyclist is found to test positive for doping, it's all over the media and they're subject to much lengthier suspensions and penalties. You can also look at Alex Rodriguez, who as far as I'm aware got no more then a slap on the wrist for using steroids from 2001-2003, which lead to him acquiring a huge contract with the Yankees, etc.

It's very interesting to me how differently we treat athletes of one sports compared to another. I also imagine it has more to do with how the sports are governed/organized (i.g. player unions, etc).

tFtfA.jpg

Im NOT looking forward to how much I'd get for junking mine.

OT: got an interview with Sanity next week. Just gotta dress like a hipster and the job's mine. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Now I have a job interview on Tues too with Apple. Birthday luck?

Popoto.~<3

Bought a new ultrabook today, Lenovo U410 (i7, 8GB ram, 500gb hard drive, 32gb ssd boot drive, 610m video card, but still under an inch thick and under 4 pounds) Regular price is 1500, but was on sale for about 1100. After that, my work discount kicks in, and it was $750 :)

Got my response from an interview I had at Microsoft a few weeks ago. I'm going to Seattle for a second interview!!! I'm super excited, it's a three day trip. They pay for flight, hotel, car, and $75/day for food. That's like lobster and filet for every meal lol. The interviews are anywhere from 5-10 hours long though, so kinda nervous for that.

2s0cxth.png

...Are you the one who impregnated my daughter and the skipped town a while ago?

Because if so we have unfinished business, boy.

In other news, I'm so exhausted that my knuckles are aching. I didn't even know that happenned. And I can't even buy a coffee for several more hours.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I don't know what happened, but I just couldn't get myself up this morning. I'm used to being tired, and I usually always get myself out of bed in the morning, but last night I ended up sleeping 13-14 hours instead of my regular 8, despite trying to get myself up multiple times. Hell, I even got up to go to the toilet at one time, but just couldn't spend another moment awake so went straight back to bed. I woke up incredibly dizzy, tired and with a headache. Let's hope it's a one time thing.

I think I have an idea, but I wont guess just yet.

And me, today was a pretty bad day. Waited for hours at the clinic and got a $120 prescription... Being a student, that's 2 week's worth of food, and I didn't have insurance to help me pay it either. I guess I'm going to have to find a job, even though jobs are extremely rare in this part of the province, even in fast foods.

Guess who.

Bob Dole?

Got another person checking my car out this morning. Chances are it'll be another time waster. I've got exactly 4 weeks to sell it otherwise I'll have to sell it to the wreckers :(

Popoto.~<3

OH HAI ADRENAL

Is this thread so asleep we forgot how to read backward? (muggiwhplar = ralph wiggum) etc etc

and yes Furah, I was also disappointed by the lack of pong balls.

Happy belated Tim!

and...

that's all I got for Today...

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Got another person checking my car out this morning. Chances are it'll be another time waster. I've got exactly 4 weeks to sell it otherwise I'll have to sell it to the wreckers :(

You'd easily have Centrelink easily by then. How are you going about trying to sell it, anyway?

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

So I'm back. I was gone for a week, but not by choice. TIF moderation team temporarily took away my posting privileges to clean a thread... then literally forgot to give them back. I assumed I just got banned. I finally had to file an account problem because nothing made sense, and now I'm here. So if people are looking for reasons why OT is receiving less posts....

I didn't get the chance to share that I finally turned 18. So yeah, that happened like six days ago. SAT scores come out tomorrow. I'm so anxious.

• Like 1