Today...

Leoo

Happy birthday Mads :)

I'm turning 18 myself in about two weeks, and I'll receive one of my the best gifts I'll ever get. My three best friends and I have been trying to start a band for years now, but never really got past fooling around a bit musically. This year being our senior year, we made it our goal to be able to perform at the seniors' show, and we started taking it more seriously, suddenly finding our own sound (electric guitars mixed with drum 'n bass beats, which sounds better than it seems). Anyway, to get to the point, on my birthday there happens to be a benefit party organised by our school (we're linked to schools in Gambia, and its a yearly habit to travel there with a group of pupils and give them some financial aid while we're there), and since three of us are going to Gambia this year, we suddenly found ourself having our first gig planned.

It's really strange to actually know that we'll be standing on stage in 2 weeks, something that was once just a distant dream one day. Now let's just hope we don't mess up, because being 4 best friends, it's still hard to actually rehearse seriously and we've been having a lot of trouble with equipment all year. I do have faith though, because we can sound good (at least in my ears) if we want to.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the videos, Ginger. I appreciate it. It's now just a matter of tweaking the sounds a bit to make my voice louder and the intro quieter (such as in the highlight video) and then continuing with more content. :)

And you can buy fireworks. Lots and lots of them.

Fireworks are my worst fear. Hate them, hate them, hate them. I wish I could get over it, but I've suffered with the fear for about 11 years.

So no thanks.

Thanks, Arf.

Spent the day revising for Chemistry exams which are fun... (no sarcasm at all in that sentence)

^ Meaning that you were fine with them for the first 7 years of your life - did something terrible happen? :eek:

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

^ Meaning that you were fine with them for the first 7 years of your life - did something terrible happen? :eek:

Yeah, saw someone get injured at a professional show, and she's alright now but the scars are still there, and I've just always been terrified of things like that happening to me. It's a bit irrational but I don't even care at this point really. I know I should probably get help because like, I don't go out in the evenings around November because I'm just frightened that the violent thugs around here are going to throw them at me or something. They've done it to my mother and random passers by, but I did kind of 'bite the bullet' and go out one November evening for a Uni interview which paid off but really I haven't sorted out the fear at all. It's kind of impacting my life because I am really irritable and panicked at events when everyone seems to be having a good time, it's like no one sees the potential danger. My mind just distorts it all and the paranoia kicks in, and overall it's just a really bad effect on me, so I tend to stay indoors if I can.

So today I went to MEPS. I am fully qualified for the Air Force, EXCEPT for a small excess of some nutrient in my bloodstream which is being double checked in Texas to see if I can get a wavier to enlist. Apparently if I smoked weed, I would have an easier time getting into the Air Force, but since I had an excess of like Vitamin C or something, I have to wait a month. A longer story is in my tip.it blog, but it was fun and I got to know the chief medical officer VERY well.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Happy birthday Maddy! :grin: I remember when I turned 18. Some friends and I went over to Gatineau (the drinking age in Ontario is 19, but it's only 18 in Quebec), got all liquored up and made complete asses of ourselves. From what I can remember, a good time was had by all. Although, the resulting two-day hangover certainly made me rethink how much I should drink in one night.

As for me, today I GOT MY TRUCK BACK! :twss:

They didn't letter the door or fender they replaced, and the small chip in the windshield is now a huge crack thanks to going in and out of the warm garage in -20 weather, but I don't care. I once again have my mobile office. \:D/ Once I got home, I thought I might not have cleared enough of the driveway to get both it and my minivan in at the same time (it's hard to judge how much space two vehicles will take when you only have one), but they both fit nicely. :thumbup:

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Gawd maddy, you're so ooooooold. :3

So, I had a chat with a bloke who runs a vinyl record shop nearby today. He's looking to hire someone next month and told me "before you hand your resume in, make sure you outline key points I'll notice from a first glance otherwise i'll just toss it since I get a lot of resumes lately. Try to have it really stick out, outlining your music background, movies and culture."

so TIF'ers, I'm wondering if some (like Felix and Sam) can give me some advice to write up a good covering letter and resume that will really stick out, and make him see hiring me is the best choice? I want to have it ready by next Friday at latest so it shows I'm keen and ready for the job.

Popoto.~<3

Haven't seen some of those names in quite some time haha. Happy birthday Maddy.

Tim: what kind of vinyl store is it? I'm picturing people in their early-mid 20s wearing bowler caps, skinny jeans thick mustaches and suspenders.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

God damn, that was almost all of our clan and I am the one that was left out of the pic... I can't remember, why.

And today I visited the dentist for the first time in years. Only now the thing that makes you feel numb is slowly getting off, and I visited the dentist 3 hours ago.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

First bike ride of the year this morning ruined by ice. Luckily the bike's fine.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Thanks all :) Sorry, quotes are long...

Spent today doing some of my favourite things, some organic Chemistry <3:

and my class bought me 2 cakes and sang happy birthday to me, I got a bit confused and started singing, forgetting that it was for me...

Then started clapping at the end and then realised 'Oops'

I really don't know what to do when everyone sings it, like, are you supposed to say thanks or smile?

I'm too awkward a person to be cutting cake in front of everyone.

3 Exams next week. Chemistry, Biology and more Chemistry, yay.

I hope lots of organic comes up.

And thanks Grade, I really was looking for that photo and my other Runescape ones but I couldn't find them, was slightly heartbroken.

But that was really nice of you guys :)

• Like 1

I'm too nice to my friends, just realised I've gone through 2 tanks of fuel, solely from driving my friend around the past week. I would normally go through half of a tank in a week, if I have to drive for uni. Next Wednesday I'm spending a whole day driving him to the German consulate since he's getting a working visa so he can go over there for 6+ months. At least he's offered to pay for fuel for it.

I'd feel dirty too for jumping on the twitter bandwagon.

I've had it for a while, and I've sent a total of 2 tweets. I mainly use it for following certain people.

I'd rock the cold mansion. I could totally pull a grinch. just need a long peacoat/trenchcoat and a gibus/top hat.

Embrace the cold. Walk round in your tightie whities.

[spoiler=something depressing]Today I lost a friend. He was my neighbor. Someone put a hit on him.

There were two guys on a motorbike, no plate number and they used a silencer that's why people only heard "something hitting something metal" (his truck was shot several times).

The shooting happened just two houses down the road where he usually park his truck. After he got hit, he managed to walk several feet, presumably towards his home where his wife was. He collapsed near our front gate. He and his wife lived next door. 8 bullet casings were recovered at the scene but only one hit him. Sadly, the shot was fatal.

Wow damn, that's really depressing. It'd be horrible to find out someone I knew was the target of a hit. They were actually after him?

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I've never really needed to, but if I did depend on someone that much for transport, the least I would do is offer half the petrol costs, or the full price if the driver's only going there for me. That's common courtesy; I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise, unless they were planning on returning the favour otherwise.

Anatomy and physiology exam tomorrow. Very relaxed about it. Two and a half weeks until our first placements. Not so relaxed about that, first time I've ever worked properly in a hospital or done a long shift, so it'll be challenging at first. Get my uniform Monday... I have ginger hair and it's a male's white tunic. Lovely. :?

Haven't seen some of those names in quite some time haha. Happy birthday Maddy.

Tim: what kind of vinyl store is it? I'm picturing people in their early-mid 20s wearing bowler caps, skinny jeans thick mustaches and suspenders.

Close. Was an older bloke around 50/60, and didn't have a bowler cap or suspenders. had normal music CD's also, but specialized in Vinyl, Vinyl collectives like "KISS Albums w/ promo posters" that were from the 80's and stuff.

Popoto.~<3

Someone in the dorms somewhere was firing off like a potato gun or a catapult or something at my building. There was seven or eight bangs from the building getting hit by random projectiles. The coup de grace was the remote - the room 2 below mine had one of the panes of glass on a window broken. It was intense.

There's three RA's in the building. It was, of course, my RA, the third floor RA, who goes out to check what's going on. We have the most responsible and coolest RA.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

;____;

Could have gone out clubbing tonight for my first time since moving here but:

A) dad's still here until tomorrow morning and I don't wanna just ditch him.

B) Im broke. ;__;

C) Clothes still drying AND waiting for my new boots and coat to arrive in the mail.

Popoto.~<3

I'm going clubbing with boots. My toes will freeze off otherwise...

Today, me and my mum ordered custom-made hiking backpacks. I'm gonna have the best backpack ever.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc