Today...

Leoo

It's absurd that you can have your reputation screwed so badly when they don't have anything even approaching proof.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Nope. The only person who is actually actively going to defend me is my Chemistry teacher. He wants to look at my paper and the others accused to compare the answers that we've given. Luckily, no definitions were asked, so nothing at all will be identical in the exam really. But apparently, he's not allowed to look at the papers.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even entirely sure of the accusation. It changes every single time a teacher talks to me.

Either "You were looking at someone else's paper" "You were looking at someone's paper but not long enough to cheat"

I literally sat on the floor and cried outside the office. Things like this just make no sense to me. I'm already paranoid and I stick to rules like, to the letter. I'm so pedantic about everything, anything that's out of order, I freak out immediately anyway, I make sure I don't have any phones or iPods or any banned items in the exam hall. If I fail, I fail legitimately, I've never cheated in my life, and I never plan to either.

I asked why there was only one invigilator present and I was told that my question was irrelevant, when it's actually not. Anything that goes wrong with my school, they always try to patch it up, because they have a gleaming academic record. They just bundle up issues and pretend they aren't there.

A student committed suicide in because she had been bullied at my school, the first reaction was telling us not to tell the press. It's ridiculous, I'm livid at this.

Quite apart from anything else, even assuming you did do it (which I know you probably didn't) it seems like such an appalling way to handle the situation. To not even tell you in defined terms what you've been accused of, or how many invigilators saw you do it, how much proof they have, or your right to appeal, in full knowledge of the personal implications of those accusations is crass management in the extreme.

It's not even like they were on-the-spot. They waited until the end of the exam, had hours to consider their approach and still chose to do it that way.

Really poor.

That's just disgusting. It almost borderlines on bullying. Accusing you of cheating, ZERO evidence to back it up except pointing a finger. It's honestly people like that which have no right to be classed as a teacher :\

Hope it gets sorted out Maddeh.

Popoto.~<3

Kill them all.

@Tim not sure I could picture you with guages, but hell if you want them go for it. I've been toying with the idea myself, but I believe I'll merely be getting piercings nearing my 21st and following up with fakes

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I watched a video of Bows.

Deep Voice despite just turning 21

Wears a beanie inside w/ shorts on.

camera spinning everywhere

says umm a lot.

2/10 would not bang.

(Just kidding, but by god everyone younger then me has such a deep voice O_o )

@RPG, I had piercings before. The main reason I don't suit them ATM is because every photo I've taken or shown and personality is literally a mask I wear from fear of looked down at. Since coming out though I've been a lot more open about myself and telling everyone "piss off, it's my life".

I still have some anxiety though.

Popoto.~<3

I'm sure the hiding behind a mask thing isn't helping. It's like having diarrhea. Holding it in isn't doing you any good. Just get it out.

And I thought I made bad analogies.

Anyway... I spent the majority of today doing homework and playing tf2. Oh yeah... And talking with my ex. I have been doing that for about a week now, and I have no idea where it is going. =/

And I thought I made bad analogies.

Anyway... I spent the majority of today doing homework and playing tf2. Oh yeah... And talking with my ex. I have been doing that for about a week now, and I have no idea where it is going. =/

In before Rpg.

• Like 1

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I think I finally understand how people who don't "get" math feel. Doing this boolean logic assignment thing, and as I'm finishing, there's an announcement that the way she told us to do a problem in class, and the answer was wrong. That's okay, I didn't pay attention anyway, I just did the problem. But I'm looking at it, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it wouldn't be what I got - which is apparently wrong.

∀x (P(x) -> Q(x))

∀x (P(x)) -> ∀x (Q(x))

I know we're not supposed to ask for homework help, but can someone tell me why those two are not logically equivalent? Everything I can think of tells me they should be. I can't think of a single counterexample.

Edit: No, I think I got it. I only spent like 1/2 an hour thinking about it, but I think I found a counter example. If there's an x for which P(x) is true and Q(x) is false, and another x for which P(x) is false and Q(x) is true, then you'll have the top equation output to false, and the bottom output to true. Pheww, I'm not crazy.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Good for you, Tim. :thumbup: As Gary Oldman said in The Fifth Element: "Never be ashamed of who you are."

Today I fixed my son's computer with a zip tie. That's now a computer, a washing machine and numerous pieces of pumping equipment I've fixed that way. They're much more versatile than people give them credit for. :)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I hope everything gets sorted out for you, Maddy. :sad:

I still think this is a prank, something in me is trying to convince myself that this is just a horrible horrible joke being played on me.

That's just disgusting. It almost borderlines on bullying. Accusing you of cheating, ZERO evidence to back it up except pointing a finger. It's honestly people like that which have no right to be classed as a teacher :\

Hope it gets sorted out Maddeh.

It's ridiculous, it's not the accusation that bothers me. The lady is a psycho, she has a history of wanting to report people, but it's more the way that it was handled that has stopped me going into school today. I won't be able to tolerate everybody looking at me like something's up. People kept coming up to me "I hear you got done for cheating?" It actually breaks my heart, you can't cheat Chemistry, at least not effectively enough to do much better than you normally would :?

Quite apart from anything else, even assuming you did do it (which I know you probably didn't) it seems like such an appalling way to handle the situation. To not even tell you in defined terms what you've been accused of, or how many invigilators saw you do it, how much proof they have, or your right to appeal, in full knowledge of the personal implications of those accusations is crass management in the extreme.

It's not even like they were on-the-spot. They waited until the end of the exam, had hours to consider their approach and still chose to do it that way.

Really poor.

It's the handling of it that really infuriates me. I still don't know, to this minute what exactly it was. There was only one invigilator in the room, Ginger. And she was sitting at the front reading a novel. 9 candidates sitting the exam, how on earth could she accuse half the exam hall? She said something 'fishy' was going on. If it was more than one invigilator, then fair enough, that would be a bit more tangible a complaint, but one woman who wasn't even doing her job properly by actively watching us? And she has a history of reporting people for doing things like writing their names on the front of the exam paper after the allotted time? I really want to do all of my exams in isolation, I never want this to happen again. I know, they had hours. And to think I was dancing after the exam because I was so pleased that it was all over. I came into school at a ridiculous hour just to study alone. I have had 3 draining exams in the past three days, I was on the last leg. I woke up at 4am to read a textbook, and I answered the questions well. I was satisfied with the paper, and to have it potentially not count is one of the most terrible feelings after such hard work. I am actually questioning why I worked so hard. Why I went to extra Chemistry lessons, why I stayed up till 2am every night of the holidays to study. Why I bought all of this extra material, when it could all come to dust. They have to wait till the deputy head comes back, it just looks like my personal character isn't helping me at all. The only person supporting me is my Chemistry teacher who wants to look at the paper, but he's not allowed to. He knows how I write, he knows how the others write, they're going to look at the papers to compare similarities. I have absolutely nothing to hide, I want them to to be honest, my writing is entirely original, some of the things I write are ridiculous, but this is such a baseless accusation. Even if it comes to nothing, it's scarred me, I can't think what the other 4 are feeling right now, because they haven't even finished their exams...

Do they have any cameras in the examination room? It'd be an extreme measure, but it'd offer proof to those accusing you that you are innocent.

I wish they did, Rob...

I really wish they did, but they don't.

When I asked why there was only one invigilator in the room, I was told it was irrelevant.

It's entirely relevant in my opinion...

everything I say is dismissed by the heads of staff, I don't particularly care about that though, it's just the changing of the story at every given opportunity. I was told to change my testimony to match the exams officer's one. The exams officer was not even in the room, so how can she write a statement concerning the events of the exam? The entire situation is ridiculous. Invigilator will write something, all accused write something, apparently I get a character reference, but it's all generic... I don't believe anything anyone says apart from head of Chemistry really.

Ow.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/gillards-bizarre-act-of-faith-leaves-vulnerable-unprotected-20130113-2cnf0.html

Basically, if this goes through (which it will), ANY religious owned company, can sack me for being gay and not be classed as discrimination, even Salvation Army who are my job assists.

I... I really am growing closer to boating off to another country, this is just sick :\

Popoto.~<3

Ow.

http://www.smh.com.a...0113-2cnf0.html

Basically, if this goes through (which it will), ANY religious owned company, can sack me for being gay and not be classed as discrimination, even Salvation Army who are my job assists.

I... I really am growing closer to boating off to another country, this is just sick :\

Wow, that's sickening. Crazy that religions have still so much power that they could potentially force such a disgusting law. I can understand people who are against certain gay rights like adoption(even though I don't agree with them) and maybe even marriage, but this...It's just sad.

Sickening isn't a strong enough word for it. That's downright bigotry. How can any government is this day and age consider such a bill?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I can understand people who are against certain gay rights like adoption(even though I don't agree with them) and maybe even marriage, but this...It's just sad.

I can't. Marriage is a contract between private parties; anyone who can sign a contract should not be kept from marrying anyone else who can sign a contract. Presumably, adoption agencies can choose to not deal with clients for any reason (or no reason at all), so I can't justify forcing them to do business with any specific class, but I don't understand a refusal to place with a gay couple any more than a refusal to place with a couple of a different race.

Well, the argument I hear is that kids are better off with having a mom and a dad, because that's the "natural" way. I personally think it's BS and afaik, what research there is points to the contrary but I can understand that some people might think like that and thus want no adoption rights for gays to "protect the children".

Adoption I think sways that way solely because as a gay couple, we can't produce with each other due to the obvious. Because of that, Adoption Agencies see it as "that's your choice, you knew that". In a way I'm not worried as I don't plan to have kids and can focus on back seat watching my Niece grow up, but for others I know there are gay couple who would make good parents.

But I suppose that's just one of the hurdles we haven't quite gotten to yet in the world, whilst everyone still up in arms about us gay marrying and all that.

EDIT: Also, I think I might dust off my film camera and do some photoshooting of the nearby beach, assuming I have some film left.

Popoto.~<3

If they do not wish to help certain people because of what they deem to be inappropriate behaviour, then that's their choice and I think we have to be very careful about shoving secular beliefs down religious people's throats, because it's exactly that basis on which we've argued against religious organisations in the past.

What I find totally unacceptable, is for such an organisation to continue to operate under the name of a 'charity', and to continue to receive the support from government in the form of tax breaks and grants. Charity, by virtue of its definition, is not selectively allocated for certain people who follow a certain lifestyle which you, as the charity's owner or treasurer, happen to find more favourable. If you run a charity, then unless you can argue that there are compelling reasons not to (health and safety in the workplace for example), you must open your services to everyone. To do otherwise is downright hypocrisy and is anything but an act of benevolence.

• Like 1

The source said it has a 63% disapproval rate, so I wouldn't get your undies in a bunch quite yet.