Today...

Leoo

I need to buy some new books myself, read all and got 3/4 thru Inheritance (Eragon 4th book) before quitting. the damn thing is such a filler, disappointed me.

All once I have a job anyway. Speaking of, going into town tomorrow to harass talk to places about work.

Library? I would assume you could get some books to read there.

I find books stimulate my mind the best, but I'm horrible when it comes to actually reading books. I find TV the second most stimulating with shows like Girls, Homeland, Mad Men, Sherlock, Dexter, Boardwalk, 30 Rock, etc. Movies are about as stimulating but it isn't as easy to find gems or have the desire to repeatably watch them. Webvideos should be mentioned as they're as much apart of todays media culture.

tFtfA.jpg

Speaking of video games and literature...

I updated a demo of the game I'm making today. It's based around an interactive epic, so it makes use of both literature and interactive elements (who would have thought?!). Looks like this:

EDlhQep.png

I don't have much feedback though (only one person I know of has tried it)...

ozXHe7P.png

So post us the demo then.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I was going to add the demo to the post but I'm unsure if it's permissible or not.

If you want to try it, hop over here.

(Mods: if it's not permissible then feel free to remove the link!)

Here's another screenshot of that area:

1NchxPQ.png

ozXHe7P.png

After almost a month, I figured out my password. Or rather, my laptop decided to fill it in for me, which is strange because I have never actually logged in on this laptop before. But whatever.

Anyways, I'm moving back to school today.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I was going to add the demo to the post but I'm unsure if it's permissible or not.

1NchxPQ.png

Out of curiosity, what's your inspiration for the story?

22031_s.gif

1NchxPQ.png

Out of curiosity, what's your inspiration for the story?

Many. I've always loved the idea of spirits as representations of physical, mental, and religious concepts since an early age. I had a journal I kept in elementary school (I lost it when I moved up to North Carolina, though) with a whole bunch of creatures representing different archetypes. From there I didn't do much until I started reading classic literature, such as Beowulf, Ilyiad, etc. Then came authors such as John Skelton, John Milton, and even Shakespeare as far as poetry is concerned. Thoreau and the other transcendentalist Romantics also inspired me with their beliefs of an inner-godliness.

I've always loved poems, as may be evident :). They are my favorite medium of expression. I often write haikus during Middle School covering a wide range of stuff (none too good in my opinion, but still it contributed to my passion for poetry). During High School I wrote sonnets and such and I tried unique/original forms as well.

Cultural influences include Buddhism and what little I know of Persian and Asian cultures. Still, the most impressive source of inspiration is the Native American folk takes. In the game, the society is a clash of the Native American/European/Asian ideas.

That's about it.

ozXHe7P.png

Due to do presentation at uni today. There's snow and ice on the roads and some other people in our group have to come in from about 15 miles away driving. Unlikely they're going to come in. Also got an ulcer in my left, bottom gum which is starting to swell (probably septic), I'm going down with a cold and can only just open my mouth wide enough to speak without stretching the ulcer.

Not feeling fantastic about things at all. Thankfully, it's not being graded.

EDIT: The seminar got cancelled coz the tutor can't get in. Let off the hook big time coz our presentation was very undercooked. Sigh of relief... Time for a full day of Player-owned Ports then. :D

Different forms of entertainment have their own virtues. Books have the best stories with the most depth, to really get you thinking about social issues. Video games take the cake in more practical stimulation, giving your brain an exercise in such areas (depending on the game) as tactics, situational awareness, observation, and planning. Television has the weakness that physically it's not that engaging at all, though it too has the potential to get your thinking about social topics through it's stories. It can also bring you new technical knowledge, much like an encyclopedia, with such things as BBC's blue planet (forget what the main one is called).

Just about everything can bring something to the table. Some more than others, and some a better variety sure. But much like food, you don't want a diet that consists of just one thing. I suppose in this case the 'food' groups would be:

1. Living life

2. TV (aka the tube/telly/idiot box)

3. Computer

4. Books

The way I see it, you want a lot of #1, and you probably want more of 3 and 4 than you do of 2.

Spent 12 hours in a diner on it's closing day with 15 of some of my best friends, eating and drinking until the wee hours of the night. Landmark Diner retirement -> Irish funeral style. Hugged the owner, paid my respects to my favorite waitress, got some handshakes, presented our group's gift to the owner...stole a menu. My friends and I ended up being their last customers ever. I suppose this holds more relevance if you knew the legacy behind the Diner...just imagine if Moe's Tavern allowed underage drinking and was around for 20 years. Then Moe retired and set a closing date. That was the magnitude of this extravaganza. The older brother of my friend; his friend group brought in 34 people, flown in from all over the country back from grad schools all accross the map to toke&dine one last time with the shiny diney.

Much love. Best day I've had in a long while.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm almost certain the whole issue has been forgotten.

The dodgy Invigilator comes into school, gives me a big smile, and I'm not sure what to do back.

Not sure if she's trying to make up with me, or spite me... Either way, blank face back.

What really got me more was opening the door to the study room, and a guy shouts "Shush guys, here's the cheater"

and my heart sank inside my chest. Even if this comes to no avail, my rep is screwed.

The first gig of the band my friends and I have been dreaming of for years is now just a few days away, along with the birthday I've been looking forward to for years (the big 18). Today we had a rehearsal with just the guitars and bass so we could work out the structure of the songs and it's boosted our confidence big time. For those wondering what we'll be playing, they're all covers: Blood Sugar (Pendulum), Steady As She Goes (Raconteurs, with a bit of a drum 'n bass influence), Handlebars (Flobots), Invaders Must Die (The Prodigy), Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes) and Make it Bun Dem (Skrillex & Damian Marley). It's a pretty eclectic setlist, but we're feeling confident we can play a good show, though of course we're still stressed, especially since there'll be a lot of people we know watching us.

• Like 3

The first gig of the band my friends and I have been dreaming of for years is now just a few days away, along with the birthday I've been looking forward to for years (the big 18). Today we had a rehearsal with just the guitars and bass so we could work out the structure of the songs and it's boosted our confidence big time. For those wondering what we'll be playing, they're all covers: Blood Sugar (Pendulum), Steady As She Goes (Raconteurs, with a bit of a drum 'n bass influence), Handlebars (Flobots), Invaders Must Die (The Prodigy), Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes) and Make it Bun Dem (Skrillex & Damian Marley). It's a pretty eclectic setlist, but we're feeling confident we can play a good show, though of course we're still stressed, especially since there'll be a lot of people we know watching us.

Good luck, sounds like a really good line up to be honest. And Happy birthday :)

And yeah, nice Rubix Rob.

Aside from all the crap I'm going through, I'm apparently 'good' at German Translations according to my German teacher :shock:

I started playing CoD Black Ops on PC this weekend. Needless to say i have not had much sleep since then. I always enjoyed Black Ops more than any of the other i've playing (MW2 and MW3) and there's something about the graphics of the game that makes it so much easier for me to spot people. On MW i have a hard time seeing people behind cover whent hey're just a few feet away. On BO i can easy shoot people crossmap without having to strain my eyes. It's odd.

PC gaming is extremely difficult for me. I've never really played a FPS on PC before and my fingers are having a really hard time finding the keys the whole time. I keep on tossing grenades when i want to switch weapons, and stuff like that. I realised i have a pretty had aim as well, lol. I made a bit of a mistake when i was shooting people. I would try to follow them with just the mouse, but i realised it's a lot easier to follow them with the keys and the mouse. Basically making you strafe while you shoot, i guess. I've been doing better since then.

I'm still trying to get used to dropshotting, since would give me the advantage i need, but i can't find a good key layout that would allow me to do this with easy.

I also started badly. I started on a server that was all Nuketown all the time. Trying to learn on that while keeping a good KDR is not possible, haha. I think after the first 15 or 20 games i was on a 0.3 KDR and it was not going up any time soon. Decided to play some different game modes and at least now it's up to 0.70 but i'd like to get it to 1.0+ somehow.

Anyway......

Also i get a crapton of assists when i play on Nuketown. i probably average about 12 per game, my highest being 19 and my lowest being like 7 or 8... Reall sad.

It's -19C with a windchill of -25C today, and I have to spend the next 4+ hours outside doing a maintenance inspection. It's times like this that I'm glad I spent the money for good winter gear.

I just heard a good joke on the radio: It's so cold today, that lawyers are walking around with their hands in their own pockets. :lol:

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Slowly being killed by school.

I'm not a fan of exams either. I currently have the highest mark in my chemistry class with a 95%, but the class average on the exam last year was 44%. That would [bleep]ing kill me, failing the exam.

In other words I'm not doing much else other than studying until Friday's over.

I'd assume that if your the highest mark in the class now, you probably have what it takes to score above the class average on the exam. Also, that's a pretty bad average. The only class I have ever seen that in is first year calculus at university which has a 50% pass rate.

Today is is -11, feels like -18, with light snow. That's cool and all, though it could have not been the day where I'll be spending an extra hour or so outside making a trip downtown and to the doctors. Still, the food, and the appoitnment, are more than worth it. Both things I am looking forward to so all good I suppose.

I also discovered that if for some reason I should end up falling asleep at 2pm, and waking up at 6pm, the result is a sleep schedule consisting of half days. It actually has it's upsides, for the most part I was a lot better rested not wasting so much time on REM sleep, but the world doesn't work that way. Think I am back to a 24 hour day again.