Today...

Leoo

That's terrible to hear Maddy. My only advice is just keep pushing for proof, talk to the invigilator's boss, then to that's boss, etc until someone hears you out without all the bullshit. Don't change your story. If they want to [bleep] you over, they'll do it. But don't buckle down and make it easy for them. Request proof and don't be afraid to accuse the invigilator for not doing her job. Hopefully someone eventually will step in and stop it.

---

That bill's terrible. Religion cannot be a part of a 21st century society. I have a firm guess in the next century, we'll wonder how we could of been so moralistic in our government, just like how people wonder how people could of been so racist back in the last century.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Your school clearly wants you to pay money for resits.

I already did though, I paid for that exam anyway, £25 to resit Chemistry Unit 2.

I have worked a ridiculous amount to get that grade up, and in that paper, I did just that.

I got a U the first time, the only way is up tbh.

That's terrible to hear Maddy. My only advice is just keep pushing for proof, talk to the invigilator's boss, then to that's boss, etc until someone hears you out without all the bullshit. Don't change your story. If they want to [bleep] you over, they'll do it. But don't buckle down and make it easy for them. Request proof and don't be afraid to accuse the invigilator for not doing her job. Hopefully someone eventually will step in and stop it.

Yeah, I really am going to push because I don't want this to happen to anybody ever again. I've been through enough and I do not want anybody to experience the same. The scars are there though, every time I saw the examinations officer today, I burst into silent tears. I try to stop it, I don't like crying, but every time I saw her face or someone even said her name, I would cry. I think the heads of Sixth form are really just bored and think they're in CSI. They interrogated a number of other students for apparently conspiring to steal books from a bookshop. They really are just high on power, but this is my life. I can't let them ruin my exams like this, it's just not on. I've worked a ridiculous amount, I'm not changing my story, but the inconsistency between the stories is fishy. The other accused are very apologetic and in my statement, I've just gone on about how hard I've worked and how I'd have no motive, intention or reason to cheat. "Write down what happened." What happened? I went in in the morning to study, then I went and sat an exam. What happened, I have no idea. This is a crazy lady trying to ruin people's lives, she should not be invigilating. I'm writing a letter to the school and my mum will sign it, but we are both so furious at the people who treated me this way.

Maddy, there is only one way to deal with tyrants and that is rebellion.

Burn their ill-earned thrones and let the flames cry freedom!

But seriously, good luck. There are few things more frustrating than people abusing power.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Maddy, there is only one way to deal with tyrants and that is rebellion.

Burn their ill-earned thrones and let the flames cry freedom!

But seriously, good luck. There are few things more frustrating than people abusing power.

As soon as they let me know that I'm all clear, according to the board, I will request that I do future exams in isolation.

I will actually never talk to them again, and I can do that. I am ridiculous with the silent treatment. It makes peoples' skin crawl.

Good for you Maddy. Don't let them push you around just because they're power tripping. Fight the good fight.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Is this some sort of special exam? Or is it this serious for every little exam/test you have at school..?

It might be a stretch, I don't know if they'd allow it or if it would even help, but see if you can have someone else (parent, etc.) sit in with you if they want to talk to you again. That way there is some sort of witness if they do something as ridiculous as ask you to change your side of the story...

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Wow, it's been longer than I thought since I read this...

Don't give in Maddy. Since your chem teacher seems to be on side, you might also want to talk to them, and see if they can explain exactly what is going on, and if they have any advice for you.

Bought a new Laptop today. Really happy with it :D

Didn't have to spend as much as i thought i would to get something i really wanted.

First time ever that i actually have a really nice laptop.

I love my dad <3

Tim, do not wish for Europe. Youth unemployment rates are everywhere between 20 to 40%

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

'murrica has a thing where you can only get a job if you're a shining gem of a person or through nepotism.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Apparently, quite a few members of staff are backing me. They're really upset with the whole situation, and are telling people who gossip about the situation that they believe me.

Wow, it's been longer than I thought since I read this...

Don't give in Maddy. Since your chem teacher seems to be on side, you might also want to talk to them, and see if they can explain exactly what is going on, and if they have any advice for you.

Yeah, he said to his class that he'd fight for me. He went to talk to one of the people that spoke to me like that, and the guy was apparently not listening to him at all. He's head of the Year group that I'm in, and my Chem teacher told me that he wanted to beat him up, and that he's really angry with how I was treated. He thinks that potentially, some of the others did cheat, so there are risks for their exams. But the exam board doesn't talk to anybody other than the examinations officer who will write a report on the situation, even though she wasn't even present. He's not fully in the know, but he tells me any information he has, I've got the name of the invigilator now from my Chemistry teacher, even though the examinations officer tried to withhold it from me. Head of Science is completely baffled, and pretty much everyone is afraid of exams now. But I just think the heads of Sixth form are literally insane now. They must be so bored. Apparently, they interrogated a girl about buying stolen textbooks recently. She didn't even buy any, she refused them, but they caught her talking to the thief on camera, so they took her into the office. They sat her down and stood over her, taking notes and telling her that they didn't believe anything she said. But as my Chemistry teacher said, "This is what happens when you employ loons."

He thinks I shouldn't blame the invigilator, as she didn't forsee this, and didn't expect us to be treated so harshly, but I have no pity whatsoever. Her report says she saw "Maddy looked at someone else's direction, but not long enough to cheat" and she never expected it to spin out of control. If that's truly the report, then what is my offence? I don't remember that at all personally but even if it was true, I have not cheated. Therefore, if she wasn't sure, she should never have written my name in the first place. I'm writing her name in the letter to the headteacher, too.

Good for you Maddy. Don't let them push you around just because they're power tripping. Fight the good fight.

Well, firstly, I'm never confessing to something I never did, because if it turns out for the worst, I was innocent of it all along. I'd hate myself a lot more if I confessed to something I was innocent for. At the end of the day, they don't really have a benefit or loss if they refused to mark my paper. Today, I got to school literally just on time, but I waited at the bus stop to be deliberately late, because I know they wait for 10 minutes at the gate towards registration time. I've never been late for pretty much all of the 7 years I've been going here. A girl who's always late saw me at the bus stop and asked if I was okay, I had to pretend I was ill because I hate triggering tears again when I think of the situation.

Is this some sort of special exam? Or is it this serious for every little exam/test you have at school..?

It might be a stretch, I don't know if they'd allow it or if it would even help, but see if you can have someone else (parent, etc.) sit in with you if they want to talk to you again. That way there is some sort of witness if they do something as ridiculous as ask you to change your side of the story...

It's a proper examination, like, not marked by teachers, by official examiners all over the country. These are the grades that count towards University, I was resitting this paper to get my grade up, as I failed this module first. My school go dramatic over anything, though. I know the risks, though, and I've always been so crazy about being perfect with things like this, so I don't get in trouble with things that actually affect my future, so to think this has happened to me, like, the person who tries to avoid this at all costs, makes me feel a little bit sick at the thought. If they want to talk to me, the thing is, they say it like, on the loudspeaker system. So it's pretty short notice. If they emailed me to talk to me at a certain appointment, I'd sure as hell get my mother in to listen to everything. I never let my mum in, so I guess this is the measure that I've resorted to. My friend tells me they can never deal with angry parents.. and believe me, my mum is livid.

I hope she is livid with the school, not you. An angry mother is a powerful force, one that can be quite helpful when it's on your side. I also feel like where you live takes school just a bit more seriously than we do here. Before University, the only things being marked by anyone other than our teacher were the standardized tests the school board uses to evaluate the education system (they don't count for anything, it is essentially the schools testing themselves and getting a standard benchmark to see how people are doing and where they need to focus their efforts). Actually, the University doesn't send it's exams to be marked either, and I know that because they fiddle with the marks (specifically, you will find it nearly impossible to score 48% or 49% on an exam. It will always mysteriously end up being either a 47 or a 50, or similar if you have an exam with a different pass/fail line).

Glad to hear your teachers are on side though, even if all they can really provide right now is some moral support.

I tried making a beef stir fry today, and I also tried using spices in a stir fry for the first time too. The beef bit was lovely, perhaps a bit too chewy, but I had no idea how much chili flakes I should add, so I put in 1 tbsp over two portions of stir fry thinking "What's the worst that can happen?". My eyes were actually watering as I ate it and I downed two cups of water after! At least I know how to cook a stir fry with something other than chicken now, though.

The best lessons in life are learned the hard way... x_x

so to clarfiy, your DAD bought it. :P

I plan to buy a Sony VAIO later on. Just as good as a Macbook pro, customisable, and still comes in white.

I lol'd.

Well yeah my dad supplied the money for it, lol.

I have none of my own =[

So you just fly planes for fun? :razz:

I bought a California flag today. Not to be douchey, but it's pretty [bleep]ing awesome.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Today in the mail I received a letter of acceptance from Western Washington University offering me Admission with Distinction, putting me in the top 20% of the freshman class, so I get immediate consideration for a bunch of scholarship money! :D :D :D

I still have to wait to hear back from UW, but it's nice to know I'll be going to college.

I tried making a beef stir fry today, and I also tried using spices in a stir fry for the first time too. The beef bit was lovely, perhaps a bit too chewy, but I had no idea how much chili flakes I should add, so I put in 1 tbsp over two portions of stir fry thinking "What's the worst that can happen?". My eyes were actually watering as I ate it and I downed two cups of water after! At least I know how to cook a stir fry with something other than chicken now, though.

The best lessons in life are learned the hard way... x_x

First rule of using spices: Unless your cooking enough for a literal army, using an entire tbsp of any spice probably means your waging a war on taste :D

In all seriousness, when learning to use spices it would be a good idea to at least glance at some recipies and get an idea of how much any particular spice is generally used. Some of them will be a tsp or two, and others will be a pinch or dash.

I hope she is livid with the school, not you. An angry mother is a powerful force, one that can be quite helpful when it's on your side. I also feel like where you live takes school just a bit more seriously than we do here. Before University, the only things being marked by anyone other than our teacher were the standardized tests the school board uses to evaluate the education system (they don't count for anything, it is essentially the schools testing themselves and getting a standard benchmark to see how people are doing and where they need to focus their efforts). Actually, the University doesn't send it's exams to be marked either, and I know that because they fiddle with the marks (specifically, you will find it nearly impossible to score 48% or 49% on an exam. It will always mysteriously end up being either a 47 or a 50, or similar if you have an exam with a different pass/fail line).

Glad to hear your teachers are on side though, even if all they can really provide right now is some moral support.

Yeah, she would only be angry with me if I hadn't told her about it and been honest about it from the start. It was the hardest thing calling her, trying not to cry. I was like "Hi Mum" She's like "Have you got an A yet?" She didn't mean it in a pressurising way, more like an encouraging little "There's my little A grade student" line, I think like, she's really just a bit naive about how hard Chemistry actually is :P but I appreciate it all the same. But she's angry with how they treated me like a criminal, and we've written a letter which we'll proof read tomorrow, because obviously we wrote it pretty fuming, so there's bound to be grammatical mistakes here and there. I don't know what's happening, really. They said they'd send it on Friday, but I have no idea if they will even send it. Even if they do, I don't care if they check the papers because I know that I didn't cheat, so none of my answers will be similar, although the real threat is them not counting the paper. Apparently they only do that if there's no doubt there was cheating going on. But the inconsistency in the stories irks me a bit. Yeah, but a little bit of me is suspicious about every single teacher that asks me "Hi Maddy, are you alright?" I just think "What do you think....?" Like, I'm never sure if they know the story, if they don't, if they think I'm a cheater, if they don't etc, it's all just put me in a horrible nest of most likely irrational thoughts.

If you can get Western with distinctions, you should be able to get admission to the U.

I sure hope so. They're pretty notorious for being picky with in-state kids, but they've supposedly gotten better in the past few years.