Today...

Leoo

It's been snowing here, went for a 2 mile walk through the woods with the dogs today which was fun, until topaz ran into my leg and knocked me on my bum lol.

Just spent the last 2 hours shovelling snow and ice so that we can get out....... And maybe I will have some luck getting home tomorrow.

Being snowed in 150 miles away from home is not good!!!

Got new uniforms at work, my head manager said I should probably shave to make it look the get-up look real fresh. Got off work at 3am, went to the diner for drinks with the crew. ~6 beers later I come home at like 6am. 1030am I get a call from my GM to make sure I come in to work shaved and with a new haircut.

[wagon].

How you gonna call me after a night of drinking, less than 4 hours after my head hits a pillow and tell me exactly what your superior told me last night in a douchier tone?

I swear i would not have been this hungover had I woken up on my own accord.

EDIT:

oh, and I forget if I shared this with you guys and gals yet or not, but this is the prettiest youtube video in existance:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

If you can get Western with distinctions, you should be able to get admission to the U.

I sure hope so. They're pretty notorious for being picky with in-state kids, but they've supposedly gotten better in the past few years.

Yeah, when I was applying to universities they were basically at the peak of favoring out-of-state/international students over in-state, but I've also heard they've got much better too. My step-sister was able to transfer there after a less then spectacular first-year at SPU last fall.

tFtfA.jpg

Re-certified my CPR/AED training today for work.

Still scared shitless for the day when I might actually have to do CPR on someone. It's always so heartening when your instructor says, "You should hear a sound like shuffling a deck of cards [referring to the cracking sound when you break all the cartilage in their chest] but just remember, they're already dead and you can't make it any worse." >.>

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Nothing prepares you for the emotional burden of doing CPR. You'll find that, if it happens, something will take over and you will do what you've been trained to do. Because historically, people who are trained in CPR, almost always do if they're in a situation where it's needed. I know people that have done CPR two or three times and it's still something they find terrifying, which is a perfectly natural reaction to that situation, so I wouldn't reflect on that feeling too personally.

I wish today had just been a terrible nightmare that just isn't real....

Basically,

The invigilator of my Chemistry exam has accused me of cheating in my exam. She was the only invigilator present, and I was sitting at the back. I did nothing wrong, my ID card dropped off the table but I didn't even get it, because I know that you can't pick up anything off the floor in an exam. You raise your hand for the invigilator to get it, but I thought it'd be best for me to finish the paper and have it collected in before I get my ID Card. It's a rule that you put your ID card on the table facing upwards, and mine always falls off every exam. So when that happened, I think a girl turned around because she heard the thud.

So basically I had no idea anything was even wrong until an hour later, when I was called by the head of Sixth form to his office, I was like 'Oh dear' and I thought I'd be in trouble for skipping lessons. That's fair enough as I expected it, but I knew something was serious when they closed the office door and told me to sit down. They then told me that they found it stupid that I would possibly risk my A Levels in this way, and that what happened was stupid, and how that he couldn't believe this had happened this exam season. I was all goggly eyed because I just couldn't believe what was happening... the other accused girl tried to defend herself and they were all condescending, I've never had such anger in my heart. I got up to leave, they want a statement from me, as they have to notify the exam board. They said there's a risk they could zero my paper, or all the papers I've sat this year, which is 3 papers.... an A2 Chemistry, an AS Biology and another AS Chemistry which was this morning.

Where this came from I have absolutely no idea. I am absolutely distraught because I worked so hard for this. I go to extra Chemistry catchup, I stay after school pretty much daily to do work, and I have to wait up to one week for the results. I knew by the end of that exam, despite it being a difficult paper, I knew that this exam had changed my Chemistry grade for the better. I failed it the first time, so things could only get better really. I may have been one or even two grades higher, and even though there's a high chance they won't take any extra action, I can't help but feel paranoid that they'll mark it harshly, or that whenever I walk into an exam, I can't relax because I might be accused of cheating. It's another stress to add to my already worried temperament. I'm someone who's mind goes on a tangent on everything. Give me something to worry about, and I always worry. Even if this ends up being something I laugh at, going through all of this has been so terrible on me. Especially after such a good week. I was supposed to be having my birthday party this Saturday, I really am no longer in the mood. Even so, if everything turns out well, I want to do my exams in isolation, I've actually gone through too much crap today to ever let this happen again. There is just no way I would ever risk cheating, and I'm being treated as if I'm a criminal, people coming up to me "I hear you got done for cheating?".... it's like "What? Its ME. MADDY"

Go over their heads. An exam as serious as this shouldn't have only a single invigilator present. I hope all goes well.

Ow.

http://www.smh.com.a...0113-2cnf0.html

Basically, if this goes through (which it will), ANY religious owned company, can sack me for being gay and not be classed as discrimination, even Salvation Army who are my job assists.

I... I really am growing closer to boating off to another country, this is just sick :\

It's not beneficial for them to fire you, and a lot of religiously run organisations know they rely on the gays, atheists, etc. It's just so that they can pay you less by saying it's either that or they'll fire you and will not give a positive reference.

I can understand people who are against certain gay rights like adoption(even though I don't agree with them) and maybe even marriage, but this...It's just sad.

I can't. Marriage is a contract between private parties; anyone who can sign a contract should not be kept from marrying anyone else who can sign a contract. Presumably, adoption agencies can choose to not deal with clients for any reason (or no reason at all), so I can't justify forcing them to do business with any specific class, but I don't understand a refusal to place with a gay couple any more than a refusal to place with a couple of a different race.

Well, the argument I hear is that kids are better off with having a mom and a dad, because that's the "natural" way. I personally think it's BS and afaik, what research there is points to the contrary but I can understand that some people might think like that and thus want no adoption rights for gays to "protect the children".

There's no link between sexual orientation of parents and how kids turn out.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I can understand people who are against certain gay rights like adoption(even though I don't agree with them) and maybe even marriage, but this...It's just sad.

I can't. Marriage is a contract between private parties; anyone who can sign a contract should not be kept from marrying anyone else who can sign a contract. Presumably, adoption agencies can choose to not deal with clients for any reason (or no reason at all), so I can't justify forcing them to do business with any specific class, but I don't understand a refusal to place with a gay couple any more than a refusal to place with a couple of a different race.

Well, the argument I hear is that kids are better off with having a mom and a dad, because that's the "natural" way. I personally think it's BS and afaik, what research there is points to the contrary but I can understand that some people might think like that and thus want no adoption rights for gays to "protect the children".

I didn't say there was, but a lot of people still think that way, and it's one of the few parts concering gay rights where I can at least understand where they're coming from, that's all I'm saying.

Nothing prepares you for the emotional burden of doing CPR. You'll find that, if it happens, something will take over and you will do what you've been trained to do. Because historically, people who are trained in CPR, almost always do if they're in a situation where it's needed. I know people that have done CPR two or three times and it's still something they find terrifying, which is a perfectly natural reaction to that situation, so I wouldn't reflect on that feeling too personally.

Yeah, I'm not scared in the sense that I don't think I'll do it... if I find myself in that situation, I'm pretty confident that I'll buck up and do the CPR. More scared in the sense of, "Oh crap this is happening for real and I have to do this." The instructor we have (it's the same one every time; this is my third time taking the class) is a local firefighter, and some of her stories are crazy. Like, two 15-year old kids were river-rafting and a man had fallen out of his boat and was in the water for something like 8 minutes before he drowned. Coincidentally, the two teens had been CPR-certified something like one or two days prior to the incident, and they revived the person by the time the firefighters even showed up.

I'm sure it's going to be stressful as all else, but it's kind of inspiring knowing I could possibly save someone like that at some point.

• Like 1

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

That seems to happen to you a lot. Is that a common thing in Australia, or might your medical problems be worse than you think?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

4/6 of my superiors told me to get a haircut today. I spent less than 6 hours on site. My hair is so bootifull tho.

Come in with your hair cut like Yugi's. If they tell you to get it cut immediately, you can just challenge them to a duel for their soul.

You should have seen the bricks they shat last year when they did this to me and I came in with a mo hawk haha. I think I'll come in with a skrillex this year. Yugi's hair defies the laws of physics, I mean if you could get it to work I'd absolutely do it haha

That seems to happen to you a lot. Is that a common thing in Australia, or might your medical problems be worse than you think?

Spontaneous loss of consciousness during warm weather is actually a great deal more common in Australia than in other countries. Scientists are still unsure why but they've come to suspect something in the water.

It's a wonder we get anything done, passing out all the time.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

[hide]

[/hide]

I didn't say there was, but a lot of people still think that way, and it's one of the few parts concering gay rights where I can at least understand where they're coming from, that's all I'm saying.

I really hate that argument. I think it's safe to say the majority of gay babies come from straight parents and yet certain parties forget that.

On an unrelated note, made a goal to read 100 books this year because I spend far too much time rotting my brain with other devices. Just finished the 7th and I'm right on track, if not a little ahead :)

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I need to buy some new books myself, read all and got 3/4 thru Inheritance (Eragon 4th book) before quitting. the damn thing is such a filler, disappointed me.

All once I have a job anyway. Speaking of, going into town tomorrow to harass talk to places about work.

Popoto.~<3

They all form part of how we play with the world around us. There might be more sophistication to a book and a book might also be more grounded in the 'real world', but I see no sense in comparing their relative value in "intellectual stimulation". They all stimulate the mind in some way or another.