Today...

Leoo

Kaida, since your already in Canada, just move to Victoria. It's so warm there that when they get a centimeter of snow everything just stops (I'm not sure they even get snow every winter, it's quite rare).

Kaida, since your already in Canada, just move to Victoria. It's so warm there that when they get a centimeter of snow everything just stops (I'm not sure they even get snow every winter, it's quite rare).

Yea, it makes for nice driving when it does snow, the roads are completely empty :D And there's been no snow so far this winter :P

Yea, it makes for nice driving when it does snow, the roads are completely empty :D And there's been no snow so far this winter :P

Meanwhile, when I'm driving, the road sounds like it cut the cheese, while my car feels like doing the electric slide. Then again, I enjoy that feeling (when I'm on an empty road).

22031_s.gif

Been last 2 weeks with everyday over -10 degrees C. Quite weird...

Oh, and I bought me a Paperblanks and started my first ever diary yesterday. Now only to hope that I keep writing to it, even though science says it only takes 21 days to develop a habit.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

A question, because I've never been clear on this.

People will say that some name (and I can't give an example because nothing comes to mind) in chinese means let's say beutiful flower. Is the meaning attached to the name, or is the name literally "Beautiful Flower" in Chinese?

My name apparently has a meaning in Greek where it comes from, though again I'm not sure if this is an attached meaning to a name, or if the name is derived from an actual word. In English, it doesn't mean anything becuase it's a name, not a word, and in this language names don't have meanings, and if they do or did, no one seems to know about them anymore.

Of course, trying the name of someone else I know, It's listed with the same meaning in both Gaelic and English. So maybe there is just a whole culture of meanings for names that I am totally ignorant too.

A question, because I've never been clear on this.

People will say that some name (and I can't give an example because nothing comes to mind) in chinese means let's say beutiful flower. Is the meaning attached to the name, or is the name literally "Beautiful Flower" in Chinese?

My name apparently has a meaning in Greek where it comes from, though again I'm not sure if this is an attached meaning to a name, or if the name is derived from an actual word. In English, it doesn't mean anything becuase it's a name, not a word, and in this language names don't have meanings, and if they do or did, no one seems to know about them anymore.

Of course, trying the name of someone else I know, It's listed with the same meaning in both Gaelic and English. So maybe there is just a whole culture of meanings for names that I am totally ignorant too.

A very good question, I had similar thoughts before.

Nicolas (my name) means "victory"/"victory of the people" in ancient Greek. Was some guy called Nicolas who did a very important victory? Or is Nicolas some word for victory, or an attached meaning?

I'd really like to know as well.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

English names have meaning, but you have to go back to the original root language, like Giodano did. Nick may have no meaning, but in Greek it does.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Last night it was suggested to me that I should start a blog (after commandeering the staff chat for this purpose for a few minutes no less). Seemed like a good idea to me, since I actually throttle a lot of what I say around here because no one likes reading sthe forums and finding post, post, post, whoa a freaking novella!

Not really sure if I care if anyone reads it or not. Mostly it exists as a diary for myself, as an outlet for the things I just need to get out of my system, and where people who are actually interested (if they exist) can read it at theair leisure Not that I'll be posting less here. There might be some cross posting between me and the blog actually. Being a fairly prolific writer when I want to be, I've managed to sort of get the ball rolling.

There is also some hope that this might help me focus some of my energies and stop hopping game to game so much, which is a habit I would like to squash out of fear that it is manifesting in other parts of my life (actually, it's more like my life is manifesting in this habit, but still).

I flew for the first time in a while today. It felt really good. I have an enormous headache from all the smiling and generally just being happy i did today. It's weird. It was a really good day.

I needed this.

Got my W-2 today. :thumbsup:

Federal and State both filed... now just to wait for the IRS to start processing them on the 30th. >.> *twiddles thumbs*

Every year I tell myself I'm going to use the money for something "useful," but never do. Last year I bought a new TV and Xbox 360, year before that I bought a new computer, etc. This year I really am going to put it to good use and pay off my damn credit card and then cancel that crap and never get one again. Getting a credit card (or rather, abusing it) was one of the worst decisions I've made in my adult life and I'll be glad to put it behind me.

After I do that, and only after I do that, will I allow myself to use the rest of the money for something fun. Thing is... what should I do? D:

inb4ibuyalotofbooks

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Spent almost all day trying to get bf's steam working.

it wont. it just wont. It's almost like they blocked his Mac Address. I did EVERYTHING imaginable to log in, it updates etc etc, but it won't connect him to the steam community servers to log in from his computer. I literally wanted to punch his monitor. spent 3 hours trying to get it to work, and im not the only one. basically Valve has royally [bleep]ed up their community servers somehow due to Linux beta since half of Windows users are having the same problem.

Popoto.~<3

Got my W-2 today. :thumbsup:

Federal and State both filed... now just to wait for the IRS to start processing them on the 30th. >.> *twiddles thumbs*

Every year I tell myself I'm going to use the money for something "useful," but never do. Last year I bought a new TV and Xbox 360, year before that I bought a new computer, etc. This year I really am going to put it to good use and pay off my damn credit card and then cancel that crap and never get one again. Getting a credit card (or rather, abusing it) was one of the worst decisions I've made in my adult life and I'll be glad to put it behind me.

After I do that, and only after I do that, will I allow myself to use the rest of the money for something fun. Thing is... what should I do? D:

inb4ibuyalotofbooks

Got my W-2 today too. But my paycheck was mysteriously absent. Either way, I'm more upset about being taxed for a random $640 the government is claiming it granted me last year for unemployment, which I did file for, but was rejected actual funding. So they gotta get their shit straight. I'm not getting screwed this next tax season like last year.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The gig went great, got compliments all night, the crowd sang happy birthday for me and I enjoyed the rest of the evening as well. One of the things that sticks out most in my memory would be when my friend suddenly dared me to go jump on a trampoline, which was of course covered in 2 inches of snow. Must say it was a very special experience.

18th birthday is magical. You get to do everything then in Estonia, including drink. In Belgium one can drink at a younger age, methinks, but still.

Anyways, today I went to a qualification for Estonian Jeopardy. And got invited to a taping already tomorrow. Sooo pretty nice for a high school student, eh?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Does everybody get a W-2? I heard they were giving them out at work yesterday but I only got my paycheck. Then again, I only worked for two months...so maybe I haven't made enough money yet.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The American high school and university application process seems incredibly stressful. I have a hard enough time here, I'd probably have a mental breakdown if I had to go through all that.

On a similar note, I've been studying hard for my Physics exam Tuesday. We're allowed to bring in a double sided index card with formulas, and there's only one theory question, so all I really need to memorize is the process for some of the more complex problems.