Today...

Leoo

xfov38.png

This is the kind of temperature we usually get here although it's been much warmer lately. This is sometime this week that I took this picture on the Environment Canada website. Temperatures are weird this year but at least with this picture it looks like it's going to come back to the usual temperatures.

Just woken up at 8.10am. The central courtyard in our Halls is a white sheet of snow. My campus is on an avenue with loads of tall trees overhanging the roads and streets leading into it. I bet it looks picturesque at this time of the day with the Sun just coming up.

...but I have to go to a three-hour seminar instead. :sad:

If it snows quite well on the weekend I will probably break out the SLR and take some nice sunrise shots from a hill I live on.

But please stop snowing now. I have to go into town :(

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

The only other thing about cold weather is that it makes you very drowsy. Very almost fell asleep twice during that seminar, and it wasn't a boring seminar either. It was just the prospect of being back in my room, with the heater on and a hot chocolate, wrapped up in a blanket again.

In other news, and in a far less dreamy tone: HMV prepared to go into administration as early as tomorrow (today)

HMV's main focus obviously wasn't video games, but it's the second video game retailer to go into administration in a year. GAME eventually got out of it (RBS, having gone through its own trouble in the recession, was amusingly the final buyer) but the business was slashed to around half its previous size in the process. I'd like to think there's a future for physical video game releases and CDs, but it's becoming increasingly untenable. In-store advertising space is turned into billboards for online services more and more by the day.

Today, we got like another 4-5 cm's of snow. That's 2 inches for you 'Mericans.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

My town's been renovating and really stepping it's game up the past couple years. New food marts, a new mall strip, a go kart raceway, and so on and so forth. Sunday marks the closing of a local landmark diner that's been around for the longest time ever, famous for being the only leave-the-law-at-the-door 24/7 BYOB diner for miles. Real popular place after all the local bars close. I created an uproar on facebook, and a few dozen of my friends are going to eat there on it's last day for like a memorial dinner. My friend made T-shirts. Many pictures and autographs will be had. I'll miss it dearly. May the Haas be with you.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

In other news, and in a far less dreamy tone: HMV prepared to go into administration as early as tomorrow (today)

Will this only affect HMV in the UK (I didn't even know you had HMV over there), or the chain as a whole in all countries? HMV is one of the only places I can still get new releases from Canadian artists that aren't huge international stars.

Yes, I still buy CD's, but only by groups I really like.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yet with all these increasing digital goods, internet providers better keep up to that demand. [bleep]ing bastards reap the rewards but I still can't download faster than 130kb/s; takes ages to get anything. Also same to caps, I'd hate to be living under those.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Bit late on this but whatever

bjW15.png

In the middle of winter...

Andddddd... Middle finger.

It is way too cold here. At least we don't have snow.

Oh, yeah... thank God. Growing here in this semi-desert of a land, I've always wanted to experience true snow and never understood why all the hate was for it. 1 week up north changed all that.

shit, almost forgot:

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Jerry-Brown-California-s-deficit-is-gone-4183371.php

California has eliminated it's deficit. This is the best news I've heard in years.

• Like 1

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Spork, where you from? And we've had that -5 to -25 Celsius almost all winter and it's normal here...

Winnipeg, Canada. It actually hasn't gotten as cold as it usually does, we usually get a week in January where it's -30°C or colder.

Yet with all these increasing digital goods, internet providers better keep up to that demand. [bleep]ing bastards reap the rewards but I still can't download faster than 130kb/s; takes ages to get anything. Also same to caps, I'd hate to be living under those.

That's awful for an urban area. What are you paying per month?

Spork, where you from? And we've had that -5 to -25 Celsius almost all winter and it's normal here...

Winnipeg, Canada. It actually hasn't gotten as cold as it usually does, we usually get a week in January where it's -30°C or colder.

That's awful for an urban area. What are you paying per month?

$15 or $20...and it's because, how to put this nicely...we live in the Mexican part of town. No point in denying that, we're a "poor" neighborhood so they don't think it's worth upgrading the cables. At the same time, they're supporting the push for digital products for poor and rich, yet don't upgrade the cables. The latter frustrates me greatly, more than the racial aspect...thats kinda given.

siggy3s.jpg

The quest to get my friend another job continues. Week 2.

Other interesting things today include finding a song called "Insert title here (dubstep)" by "Unknown". It's actually not bad. Youtube it.

And this random hilarious comic generator: http://pandyland.net/random/

Other than that, I planned multiple trips to the aforementioned diner in my last post. Now I'm sleepy and feeling like I might get sick soon. I'll conclude with a screw you to HedgeHog for having gorgeous springtime weather while it rained all day here.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I should not read the news. apparently this month unemployment will rise from 5.4% to 6%, with it being difficult for people 18-25 this year.

Give me a bloody break. Getting to the point where I might as well immigrant myself to America or Europe.

Popoto.~<3

Oh I know. Global wide we're in the green zone, but one problem as well is America and Europe is MASSIVE compaired to Australia with a huge variety of jobs. Australia is probably 50% Mining.

EDIT:

Saves making a double post. saving up for docs hopefully next week. I'm also putting a little bit away each week (like 10-20$) because eventually this year I want to get Gauge piercings (up to about 8mm) as I've put it off for 5 years, and since I no longer live with parents, don't have them breathing down my neck about it. It's about time I started being ME and not what people say I should be.

Popoto.~<3

Well, you're overplaying the variety of jobs. Here the vast majority of part-time jobs occupied by young people are in retail, which is a sector currently going down the proverbial and shedding jobs like there's no tomorrow (which, for a lot of the stores, there isn't unless they do so). I know it's not easy, I know that because I'm 22 and I've already spent two years unemployed, but it's not easy for anyone anywhere.

We live in a tough world at the moment, have been for around five or six years now, but in times like these you have to pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

Guys, I was wrong, I did get the marks I needed. I forgot to change my preferences since I thought I didn't get the marks, but hopefully I can do a Bachelor of Science this year!

Oh I know. Global wide we're in the green zone, but one problem as well is America and Europe is MASSIVE compaired to Australia with a huge variety of jobs. Australia is probably 50% Mining.

EDIT:

Saves making a double post. saving up for docs hopefully next week. I'm also putting a little bit away each week (like 10-20$) because eventually this year I want to get Gauge piercings (up to about 8mm) as I've put it off for 5 years, and since I no longer live with parents, don't have them breathing down my neck about it. It's about time I started being ME and not what people say I should be.

Try a backpacker hotel or something, they usually have a board with jobs for you to do for a few months, it's not steady work, but it's something. Also, good on you for deciding to start doing things that you want.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I wish today had just been a terrible nightmare that just isn't real....

Basically,

The invigilator of my Chemistry exam has accused me of cheating in my exam. She was the only invigilator present, and I was sitting at the back. I did nothing wrong, my ID card dropped off the table but I didn't even get it, because I know that you can't pick up anything off the floor in an exam. You raise your hand for the invigilator to get it, but I thought it'd be best for me to finish the paper and have it collected in before I get my ID Card. It's a rule that you put your ID card on the table facing upwards, and mine always falls off every exam. So when that happened, I think a girl turned around because she heard the thud.

So basically I had no idea anything was even wrong until an hour later, when I was called by the head of Sixth form to his office, I was like 'Oh dear' and I thought I'd be in trouble for skipping lessons. That's fair enough as I expected it, but I knew something was serious when they closed the office door and told me to sit down. They then told me that they found it stupid that I would possibly risk my A Levels in this way, and that what happened was stupid, and how that he couldn't believe this had happened this exam season. I was all goggly eyed because I just couldn't believe what was happening... the other accused girl tried to defend herself and they were all condescending, I've never had such anger in my heart. I got up to leave, they want a statement from me, as they have to notify the exam board. They said there's a risk they could zero my paper, or all the papers I've sat this year, which is 3 papers.... an A2 Chemistry, an AS Biology and another AS Chemistry which was this morning.

Where this came from I have absolutely no idea. I am absolutely distraught because I worked so hard for this. I go to extra Chemistry catchup, I stay after school pretty much daily to do work, and I have to wait up to one week for the results. I knew by the end of that exam, despite it being a difficult paper, I knew that this exam had changed my Chemistry grade for the better. I failed it the first time, so things could only get better really. I may have been one or even two grades higher, and even though there's a high chance they won't take any extra action, I can't help but feel paranoid that they'll mark it harshly, or that whenever I walk into an exam, I can't relax because I might be accused of cheating. It's another stress to add to my already worried temperament. I'm someone who's mind goes on a tangent on everything. Give me something to worry about, and I always worry. Even if this ends up being something I laugh at, going through all of this has been so terrible on me. Especially after such a good week. I was supposed to be having my birthday party this Saturday, I really am no longer in the mood. Even so, if everything turns out well, I want to do my exams in isolation, I've actually gone through too much crap today to ever let this happen again. There is just no way I would ever risk cheating, and I'm being treated as if I'm a criminal, people coming up to me "I hear you got done for cheating?".... it's like "What? Its ME. MADDY"

Wow... Did then listen to your side of the story at all?

Are they accusing you of letting the other cheat off of you? (have written no exams ever so don' t know if that is problem)